'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

tenor.gif

You know, I never liked the way Mack Brown left UNC for Texas and openly recruited his UNC commitments to Texas, but now I really dislike him for returning to UNC right when we finally have a great recruiting staff and are on the verge of taking back North Carolina as Tennessee recruiting territory. This guy needs to retire. Maybe another couple of losses to Appy State.

You know, I never liked the way Mack Brown left UNC for Texas and openly recruited his UNC commitments to Texas, but now I really dislike him for returning to UNC right when we finally have a great recruiting staff and are on the verge of taking back North Carolina as Tennessee recruiting territory. This guy needs to retire. Maybe another couple of losses to Appy State.
I’m lost my brother, Mack was out of coaching for a few years between Tex and UNC. He can’t be at UNC for much longer right?

Why are we worried about Mack Brown? WE ARE TENNESSEE!!!!!
There always has to be something to be scared of on here
It really has nothing to do with fear. It does however have a lot to do with there now being another staff recruiting in the area that is Historically been a Tennessee recruiting area. Dabo had already started pulling players that would have, in the past, been a heavy UT lean. Now add in Mack’s staff getting kids to stay home And it just makes it a bit harder getting those kids to come here.

It really has nothing to do with fear. It does however have a lot to do with there now being another staff recruiting in the area that is Historically been a Tennessee recruiting area. Dabo had already started pulling players that would have, in the past, been a heavy UT lean. Now add in Mack’s staff getting kids to stay home And it just makes it a bit harder getting those kids to come here.
It does. But it's put a dent in everyone's ability to get kids from there, including Clemson and UGA (who has done well in NC too).

In the end, Mack has a shelf life... And the schools that compete and recruit at high levels will always have a shot...

It does. But it's put a dent in everyone's ability to get kids from there, including Clemson and UGA (who has done well in NC too).

In the end, Mack has a shelf life... And the schools that compete and recruit at high levels will always have a shot...
I don’t see the the fear. Maybe I’m misreading it..

I don’t see the the fear. Maybe I’m misreading it..
Nah.. Some are legit worried. It doesn't bother me... Maybe because we haven't been pulling top kids out of NC lately? So to me it didn't matter who was getting them... We weren't! Lol.

And now that we're making it more of a priority, we're doing pretty well, and Mack isn't gonna be there forever.

So if we can't get them and NC gets them instead of UGA, Florida, bama or USCe..

Fine with me.

I hate UNC. Basketball school masquerading to play football. And I can’t stand their sissy blue color. Looks good on a girls basketball jersey but that’s it.

Georgia a d Alabama and a little more in Florida now is the path while still hitting North and South Carolina while targeting some specific powerhouses. Think St Francis and Miami area. We will be fine.

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol
I’m lost my brother, Mack was out of coaching for a few years between Tex and UNC. He can’t be at UNC for much longer right?

Depends on his health I would guess. You know there's just so many rounds of golf and trips you want to take. After that what's your purpose for getting out of bed in the morning versus being the guy in charge of a team at the major college level? Getting all the cheers, being on national TV, making decisions on the sidelines versus taking out the garbage and listening to your friends talk about their prostates.

I'm 66 and it felt pretty good last month when one of my fellow shareholders that's about 25 years younger than me came in to tell me that they were concerned about me recently talking about pulling back from full time work and that they want me to be there for another 5-10 years. Always thought I would retire about now and I can do it financially but I still like the work.

Depends on his health I would guess. You know there's just so many rounds of golf and trips you want to take. After that what's your purpose for getting out of bed in the morning versus being the guy in charge of a team at the major college level? Getting all the cheers, being on national TV, making decisions on the sidelines versus taking out the garbage and listening to your friends talk about their prostates.

I'm 66 and it felt pretty good last month when one of my fellow shareholders that's about 25 years younger than me came in to tell me that they were concerned about me recently talking about pulling back from full time work and that they want me to be there for another 5-10 years. Always thought I would retire about now and I can do it financially but I still like the work.
Retired three years ago and hated it. Had to find a part time job within 3 months. Wish I had stuck with it now but. Pressing family situation required my attention. If you still like what you are doing keep going. Go by how you feel and your gut reaction.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Still to this day it’s hard to believe they got away with everything they did in basketball.

You're surprised by them getting off with academic fraud when Alabama got off with outright cash payments to Albert Means? And last time I looked, Wade was still the LSU men's basketball coach after being caught on tape talking about the "package" they had put together to get a player.

VN Store

Back