'21 NC OT Diego Pounds (Ole Miss)

Elsewhere in North Carolina, Jeremy Pruitt, Will Friend and Jay Graham have all taken turns hitting up Diego Pounds. The mammoth lineman has continued to pick up more steam in his recruitment with more and more programs calling by the day. Tennessee is very much in it, but they will have to battle for Pounds.
-vq

Oh my... that had to be tough. The weekly beating on the field and then pounding the weights in between.

What does that do to recovery time and healing?
It's not ideal for most athletes to lift heavy during the season.With the supervision and nutrition program these guys have it should be ok.These players have every perk known to man as far as recovery and nutrition goes.

Yeah, the tweet is from 2018 season during Mizzou week. Inexplicably got blown out by Mizzou and vandy last 2 weeks after beating the ranked Kentucky team. I was wondering if fatigue from extra lifting played a factor.

Reactions: FïreBall
Yeah, the tweet is from 2018 season during Mizzou week. Inexplicably got blown out by Mizzou and vandy last 2 weeks after beating the ranked Kentucky team. I was wondering if fatigue from extra lifting played a factor.
I find it hard to believe we'd have starters lifting hard by then. Maybe scout guys or 3rd stringers. He didn't specify and no player ever spoke out, so it's all speculation.

I can imagine this guy pancaking opposing players and announcers being like, "Diego pounds his man into the ground!"

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I find it hard to believe we'd have starters lifting hard by then. Maybe scout guys or 3rd stringers. He didn't specify and no player ever spoke out, so it's all speculation.
I read reports from the first year that Pruitt never let off with lifting during the season. One of the VQ guys commented on how gassed the team was. My personal opinion.. I believe Pruitt wasn't concerned about the win/loss that first season.. He wanted to build for the future and also weed out some as well. When Pruitt first arrived, some players were faking injuries to not practice. And we know about Jones "honor" system for working out. Looking back and digesting all the reports.. It all seems to fit. JMHO 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back