Post your Small Business Info HERE!

Shipments all went out today! We had our busiest day of the YEAR today, when considering all of our sales channels. We're blessed. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come as we move out of this coronavirus stuff. Here are the lavender lemon bars I made today that only lasted about 30 minutes on the counter.
IMG_20200509_141827_888.jpg

At the risk of someone hunting me down over my posts, my wife's business is linked below. None of my posts are reflective of her, so if you don't like what I put up, don't hold it against her! šŸ˜†

She just got her online store up, in the top link at pastelroanoke.com. I highly recommend the alfajores, as they're absolutely the best thing she makes, they ship well, and you've probably never had anything like them in your life. Below is a picture of an in-process batch including her brand new chocolate ones. View attachment 272047
My daughter is turning 30 on May 17, is there like an assortment gift thing I could order for her from the shop? It would be shipped to Florida?

My daughter is turning 30 on May 17, is there like an assortment gift thing I could order for her from the shop? It would be shipped to Florida?

We were actually going to put a 'baker's choice' variety box together that would be shippable items. So the answer is yes- as soon as we get the details laid out and posted online (1 or 2 days) I will share the link!

Reactions: MAD
I have a small business that I could really use some help with ā€¦.. It has struggled in conjunction with the Coronavirus and also because of several other issues. What I do have is some really good cbd prerolls that were grown in Yamhill County Oregon -- along with CBD tinctures and lotions. What I don't have is a good internet marketing presence, nor any real distribution channel set up to market and distribute the products that I have. I am open to any advice or suggestions -- Thanks

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Since you guys asked for updates here's another! We got some press coverage from local media today. We mention shipping around the US and a lot of those are from you all. We're very thankful!

TAKEOUT TUESDAY: Pastel finds ways to satisfy your sweet tooth during the pandemic

We enjoyed the 6 pack cake popsicles! Took less than 4 days to arrive in pristine condition. Now I see why you have such a rigorous exercise program; if my wife cooked pastries that well, Iā€™d be over 300 lbs!!

Thank you to you both! I'll pass along the word to the wife. Those have gotten very popular lately!

I have a small business that I could really use some help with ā€¦.. It has struggled in conjunction with the Coronavirus and also because of several other issues. What I do have is some really good cbd prerolls that were grown in Yamhill County Oregon -- along with CBD tinctures and lotions. What I don't have is a good internet marketing presence, nor any real distribution channel set up to market and distribute the products that I have. I am open to any advice or suggestions -- Thanks
Are you looking to be a wholesaler/distributor or open to the public?

Changes my answer.

Hey all, message from the wife- she wants to say THANK YOU to all that have ordered and that she hopes everything arrived safe and tasty.

From me, thank you as well, because it's always fun seeing her face light up when the little order notification pops up on her phone!

How u order again?

I always thought u were older for some reason. You guys are a cute couple. Congrats!

How u order again?

I always thought u were older for some reason. You guys are a cute couple. Congrats!
You can visit the top link on our website at pastelroanoke.com!

And thank you! I look younger than I am.

The alfajores changed my life.
If/when we decide to scale back or sell the business the alfajores are the recipe we will be keeping, even if it costs us a little bit. I've told my wife over and over that those are a game changer but I think because they're so normal and available in Peru it still hasn't quite registered!

I realized I never got back to you on this. I know it's way late but I wanted to let you know we finally got an assortment box up online about two weeks ago. Those have been selling well out of the retail side!

Reactions: MAD
I know I'm repeatedly posting but we've got an issue that's come up today.

My wife is being pressured by BLM people on Facebook to make some kind of post showing a stance in favor of the movement, and some have gotten threatening. Have any of you dealt with this?

Wife and I have slightly different views on things, but take a strong "no politics/current affairs/whatever" stance on our biz social media. It really chaps my rear because my wife is literally Latina, these people have never been in the shop, and she's being targeted for not making a post on an issue with nuance and difficulty and hurt for everyone.

My wife is being pressured by BLM people on Facebook to make some kind of post showing a stance in favor of the movement, and some have gotten threatening. Have any of you dealt with this?

Wife and I have slightly different views on things, but take a strong "no politics/current affairs/whatever" stance on our biz social media. It really chaps my rear because my wife is literally Latina, these people have never been in the shop, and she's being targeted for not making a post on an issue with nuance and difficulty and hurt for everyone.

Either ignore it or post your policy of no politics.

You're being blackmailed and will lose either way.

Ask them how many already spend money with you..........

Please don't LOL, I hope you get the point of the response though.......

I'd simply say Cookies are delicious treats for everyone. Cookies don't care bout nothing but getting eaten.

Cookie only exists to make life better. So shut yo trap and eat a cookie and smile.

Reactions: volwindy

Tell them to eat ****

Hey Levi,

Very unfair dilemma they have put you in. Threats and coercion is the worst way to garner support for a cause or recruit an ally.
Your no politics/current events policy is a wise one and I encourage you to hold to that ideal.
Hopefully, there will be no negative consequences and you can continue to go about your business which takes care of you and your family.

VN Store

Back