Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy makes excellent points:

I’ve been saying ever since I started posting here you can get elite players here because this place is set up for elite players. It just took finding the right guy and cleaning house on the support side. The VolFather is back and he realizes nobody gives a crap about your swanky facilities if the product on the floor/field/pool/whatever sucks. And the most important thing Fuller knows is that the University of Tennessee lives and dies with football..

People who say we’re Nebraska are FOS and frankly, have no clue what they’re talking about. Is Tennessee as good a job as UGA or Bama? No. But do they know how many talented players are within a 5 hour drive of Knoxville? More than enough to at least get Auburn-level results. How about Nebraska? Yeah. Lol. Ever since 2003, slowly but surely, more and more clowns got in control of the program and in turn, they hired clowns and clown head coaches. That’s been the problem. People making decisions who didn’t know wtf they were doing or didn’t care enough about the program. Now, we’ll see. Looks like our Ath Dep is much more aligned to me.

People who say we’re Nebraska are FOS and frankly, have no clue what they’re talking about. Is Tennessee as good a job as UGA or Bama? No. But do they know how many talented players are within a 5 hour drive of Knoxville? More than enough to at least get Auburn-level results. How about Nebraska? Yeah. Lol. Ever since 2003, slowly but surely, more and more clowns got in control of the program and in turn, they hired clowns and clown head coaches. That’s been the problem. People making decisions who didn’t know wtf they were doing or didn’t care enough about the program. Now, we’ll see. Looks like our Ath Dep is much more aligned to me.
Saying Tennessee is Nebraska or Colorado because they are historical powers that will likely never truly rise again is a horrendously lazy take.

Saying Tennessee is Nebraska or Colorado because they are historical powers that will likely never truly rise again is a horrendously lazy take.
Nebraska suffered from their move to the Big Ten IMO. Colorado suffers from severe self-imposed recruiting restrictions that put them at a structural disadvantage and make it unlikely that they'll be as good as they were in the late 80s-90s.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Nebraska suffered from their move to the Big Ten IMO. Colorado suffers from severe self-imposed recruiting restrictions that put them at a structural disadvantage and make it unlikely that they'll be as good as they were in the late 80s-90s.

Tennessee’s had a self-imposed structural disadvantage. It’s called dumbass head coaches.

Yeah and the amount of loss on the purchase of excess ventilators..... very few ICUs ever even approached capacity in most states.....

Also, I find it funny that the main stream media didn’t report on the fact that on May 1, 2020 President Trump signed an Executive Order to secure our Bulk Power System from foreign threats.

Last edited:
Is it just me or did Ubben get tired of posting his stuff to the board? Look like VR2 has completely taken over Tennessee sports writing to include recruiting news.

@vol4092 keep up the good work Matt. Also, just saw where y’all are expanding on Sports Illustrated congrats.
@David Ubben is probably struggling right now with the shutdown of his bootleg cigarette business since kids are all home.

Your are jumping to conclusions. Had he continued to run he might be alive. Had they not been stupid and chased him cowboy style the whole series of events would have never happened. They are responsible for their actions, but those actions don't equal murder IMO. I'd say manslaughter. They didn't go into this with the intent to kill him, imo, but they were very stupid and irresponsible in their actions and have to answer for that.

I'm not defending the actions of anyone here. Just pointing out that the deceased bears some responsibility here as well. Had he been running away when shot this would absolutely be murder.
so it is the victims fault for fighting for his life?

I thought it was sort of interesting, or at the very least, coincidental, looking at the “miscellaneous” defensive numbers for the SEC teams on our schedule last year. We turned in a 5-3 performance against those guys and magically the so-called havoc numbers, albeit, an expanded definition here, aligns just right for that outcome. I don’t know how soon the new guys we’re bringing in this year in our front seven can get up to speed but my initial impression is they’re the sort that as they develop can move us into a more competitive position with the top 3 teams in this table. If the ’21 class continues to develop as it has been in the last several days, the days of those three teams keeping us from the top are probably numbered. jmo.
ScreenHunter 369.png

putting the season starting on time at 30% chance right now.
It’ll be interesting to see how important the decision makers decide having fans in attendance is.

If it’s a dealbreaker, I’d say for sure we’re getting pushed back to the spring. But my guess is they’ll take the TV money now vs. the attendance money ~6 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back