Brooklynn Miles

RAVOL

Scrolling through 247 Vols site and on the Summit Board said Crystal Ball for Brooklynn Miles. Ran her up seems like a big time point guard who they say is one of the fastest guards in class. For those who follow recruiting please inform me and board of her.

Scrolling through 247 Vols site and on the Summit Board said Crystal Ball for Brooklynn Miles. Ran her up seems like a big time point guard who they say is one of the fastest guards in class. For those who follow recruiting please inform me and board of her.

where ya been?
she's been a subject for weeks

Sorry have not been on lately. So Coach give me your assessment please.

The only player on our radar I put higher than Miles at this time is Saniya
Miles is a North-South guard, lightning quick who fills a statline She is a perfect backup for Jordan Horstan

She played with one of our recent recruits, Kaiya Wynn and they remained close friends after their run, that tell me she is a good teammate

Followed on twitter by Jordan's Mom, Kaiya, Jasmine Shavers and the Coach Sullivan and Coach K

This is one I want to see us get!

The only player on our radar I put higher than Miles at this time is Saniya
Miles is a North-South guard, lightning quick who fills a statline She is a perfect backup for Jordan Horstan

She played with one of our recent recruits, Kaiya Wynn and they remained close friends after their run, that tell me she is a good teammate

Followed on twitter by Jordan's Mom, Kaiya, Jasmine Shavers and the Coach Sullivan and Coach K

This is one I want to see us get!
Good to hear. Thanks so much. Philippians 4:6-7

Reactions: coy moore
Miles a stud. Way better already than Massingale was right now. Might be the quickest guard in America.......I say we got a 85% shot right now....
It’s Massengill. And no, the 46th ranked player going into her senior year is not better than Jazz.

However, Miles is very good and will be a great addition for Tennessee if she goes there.

It’s Massengill. And no, the 46th ranked player going into her senior year is not better than Jazz.

However, Miles is very good and will be a great addition for Tennessee if she goes there.

Maybe not on day one, but her upside, to me, is much higher!
Massengil was just another tall guard to me, where Brooklynn fills a need that we have had for quite a while,,,A small/quick multifaceted PG

We have't had one of those in forever.
I compare her potential to Crystal Dangerfield once she gets a little experience
And I would take that type of guard over the potential of Jazmine any day

The thing that makes Brooklynn a perfect get to me is that she doesn't have to shoulder the load from day one,,,she can grow into it and if she becomes a standout PG, then Jordan can fill the role thatRennia will be leaving if none of the other forward/sized player can do so

Seen them both up close and I will stand by what I said. Coaches agree, just a FYI for you. A lot of them. UK all over her too. Be interesting to see how this will play out for Miles.

Reactions: Hangtyme24
where ya been?
she's been a subject for weeks
Lol Coach. People like us need to remember that there DOES exist a subset of the human sports fan species who, unlike us, have these things they call “lives,” and from what I’ve read apparently having them makes them less likely to be perusing VolNation 24/7/365.

Weird, I know, but we have to accept them for who they are. Or aren’t. ;)

Miles’ EYBL (Louisville and Chicago) stats are good, but not great. It’s a small sample size of roughly ten games, though. She appeared to be the third most utilized player on the team, behind Scherr and Wynn.

She struggled a bit from the field, her FT percentages were in the low 30s, an assist/TO ration of just over one - all against the best players in the country who compete on the EYBL circuit.

Reminded me a little bit of some of Mississippi State’s smaller point guards who were extremely quick, hounded you on defense, ran the offense, but weren’t necessarily big time scorers.

She appears to have offers from Tennessee, Miami, Kentucky, Purdue, and Cincinnati. FWIW Massengill had much higher-quality offers at this point in time (Louisville, Baylor, South Carolina, Mississippi State).

She is a good scorer at the high school level, but who knows the competition level.

Reactions: lfvol and mcannon1
Lol Coach. People like us need to remember that there DOES exist a subset of the human sports fan species who, unlike us, have these things they call “lives,” and from what I’ve read apparently having them makes them less likely to be perusing VolNation 24/7/365.

Weird, I know, but we have to accept them for who they are. Or aren’t. ;)

Yesterday I :
-Drove to WestKnoxville to AMVETS and shopped and then picked up a toner for my laser-printer off North Peters rd
-Picked up my 2nd cousin and drove the length of the FootHills Parkway and shot pics and videos (in the process of putting them in a youtube pic/vid collage for my friends and family...I will share it with you guys as well)
-that eveing I invited my my 72 year old Aunt to have BBQ chicken, fried okra and mashed red-potatoes,,we then ended the night watching Anthony Hopkins/Ryan Gosling in "Fracture",,,A movie that has cracked my top ten favorite of all time list.
-(In the middle of all this I both perused and posted here and on twitter)

A life,,,, I have

Miles’ EYBL (Louisville and Chicago) stats are good, but not great. It’s a small sample size of roughly ten games, though. She appeared to be the third most utilized player on the team, behind Scherr and Wynn.

She struggled a bit from the field, her FT percentages were in the low 30s, an assist/TO ration of just over one - all against the best players in the country who compete on the EYBL circuit.

Reminded me a little bit of some of Mississippi State’s smaller point guards who were extremely quick, hounded you on defense, ran the offense, but weren’t necessarily big time scorers.

She appears to have offers from Tennessee, Miami, Kentucky, Purdue, and Cincinnati. FWIW Massengill had much higher-quality offers at this point in time (Louisville, Baylor, South Carolina, Mississippi State).

She is a good scorer at the high school level, but who knows the competition level.

I'm not looking for her to be an immediate impact player,,,and we don't need that out of her,,,right now!
Right now, we need someone to spell Jordan at point and grow into the position for when Jordan graduates.
We also need a give a different look every now and then to make teams have to matchup to us

Reactions: VolFuture2k22

Link? I would to see her stats and some of the others.

Yesterday I :
-Drove to WestKnoxville to AMVETS and shopped and then picked up a toner for my laser-printer off North Peters rd
-Picked up my 2nd cousin and drove the length of the FootHills Parkway and shot pics and videos (in the process of putting them in a youtube pic/vid collage for my friends and family...I will share it with you guys as well)
-that eveing I invited my my 72 year old Aunt to have BBQ chicken, fried okra and mashed red-potatoes,,we then ended the night watching Anthony Hopkins/Ryan Gosling in "Fracture",,,A movie that has cracked my top ten favorite of all time list.
-(In the middle of all this I both perused and posted here and on twitter)

A life,,,, I have

I’m sorry. I thought you’d recognize my brand of humor and just go with it. I know you’re busy (as am I) with work/personal commitments, but it is true that everyone has either the time or inclination to check the board daily — or multiple times daily like we do.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I’m sorry. I thought you’d recognize my brand of humor and just go with it. I know you’re busy (as am I) with work/personal commitments, but it is true that everyone has either the time or inclination to check the board daily — or multiple times daily like we do.

My bad....I know it seems like all I do is monitor this site sometimes and specifically now with the work-furlough covid-19 thing it seems even moreso. Especially to me....But I really do enjoy life to the fullest.

If idle hand are the devils workshop, then busy hands must work for the other side
;o)

My bad....I know it seems like all I do is monitor this site sometimes and specifically now with the work-furlough covid-19 thing it seems even moreso. Especially to me....But I really do enjoy life to the fullest.

If idle hand are the devils workshop, then busy hands must work for the other side
;o)
Hey, there’s no judgement on my part! I happen to fully own the fact that I likely look in on here way more often than the average person, despite the fact that I have a time-consuming full-time job and real-life people I live with and love.

But sometimes it’s easy to forget that there are people who may only drop by once a month or even more seldom.

Why are you even bothering to compare the two? They aren’t the same type of player at all. Jazz is 6’0” and plays like a big guard. From the limited film I’ve seen I believe Brooklyn would be a huge asset. She has the speed and energy we have been missing.

Jazz was highly rated out of HS but IMO never showed any consistent ability to do it at the college level. I’m sure we will see a different player at Kentucky. Those ratings and ranking services are inaccurate at best. Even when looking at multiple rating sites you’ll see the same player ranked vastly different.

Great example is Kathleen Doyle. She was ranked 97thin 2016 and the 28th overall guard by ESPN. IMO she was one of the best, if not the best, player in the Big 10 last year. She averaged 18 points and over 6 assists a game with 2.0 A/t ratio. Plus almost 5 boards a game. I’m not looking for a top 10 recruit. I’m looking for a baller like that.

She was recruited by none other than....Lacey Goldwire. She has an eye for actual guard play.

Why are you even bothering to compare the two? They aren’t the same type of player at all. Jazz is 6’0” and plays like a big guard. From the limited film I’ve seen I believe Brooklyn would be a huge asset. She has the speed and energy we have been missing.

Jazz was highly rated out of HS but IMO never showed any consistent ability to do it at the college level. I’m sure we will see a different player at Kentucky. Those ratings and ranking services are inaccurate at best. Even when looking at multiple rating sites you’ll see the same player ranked vastly different.

Great example is Kathleen Doyle. She was ranked 97thin 2016 and the 28th overall guard by ESPN. IMO she was one of the best, if not the best, player in the Big 10 last year. She averaged 18 points and over 6 assists a game with 2.0 A/t ratio. Plus almost 5 boards a game. I’m not looking for a top 10 recruit. I’m looking for a baller like that.

She was recruited by none other than....Lacey Goldwire. She has an eye for actual guard play.
I didn’t compare them. I just replied to someone that did.

And for every low ranked player that over achieved I could name many many more that didn’t. Highlight videos show players never missing a shot. You need to watch full game videos and more than one to fairly evaluate a player.

All being said, I hope she s a great player for Tennessee.

Reactions: glv98

VN Store

Back