Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donā€™t be stuck in the past, though. It costs us some cool points with recruits. Throwbacks are awesome. Keeping up with newer styles and taking advantage of the fact that weā€™re on a national stage when we are playing is important. Itā€™s worth thinking about and worth the consideration.

bama doesnā€™t do alternate jerseys. They do alright in recruiting and winning without gimmick uniforms.

I liked the gray uniforms.
The kiffin black uniforms looked about as cheap as kiffin...

All my opinion.

Butch jones needed a gimmick Because he sucked as a coach and at developing talent.

Coach Pruitt can do both. Doesnā€™t need gimmicks. He is embracing Tennessee Orange. We should respect that.

Was down near South Ponte Vedra today at the beach and as I was leaving, the guy waiting for my spot gave us a "Go Vols". We are everywhere in St. John's, @gainesvol82

I flag people down with UT flags, stickers, plates and other stuff all the time. They think I have read rage until I give them a Go Vols!

Just did this to an Asian kid on Tuesday coming out of the Winn Dixie shopping center on north US-1.

Hang it in the damn locker room and the weight roomšŸ¤¬šŸ˜”
The FPI has generally overshot us the last 5 years, so I was pretty surprised by this. I'm guessing losing almost every major stat leader on both sides hurts us in an algorithm. But it doesn't see our dominant OL and quickly developing DL. I don't think FPI even "sees" transfers, so Trevor Lawrence could transfer to us tomorrow and it wouldn't budge.

Is there anything better than a shower beer after being out in the sun all day?
No. I was out literally all day doing yardwork and working on the kitchen cabinet project lol... Shower... Beer.... Dinner...I feel like a brand new man.

Now where are the commits?

Reactions: Devo182
bama doesnā€™t do alternate jerseys. They do alright in recruiting and winning without gimmick uniforms.

I liked the gray uniforms.
The kiffin black uniforms looked about as cheap as kiffin...

All my opinion.

Butch jones needed a gimmick Because he sucked as a coach and at developing talent.

Coach Pruitt can do both. Doesnā€™t need gimmicks. He is embracing Tennessee Orange. We should respect that.
I wonā€™t disagree but Iā€™m just saying we donā€™t need to get all ā€œget off my lawnā€ about it. I believe the largest reason Bama doesnā€™t do it is because they a)donā€™t have anyone creative enough to come up with a way to spruce those ugly ace unis up b)their boosters are stuck in the 50s. Only reason I think theyā€™ve had sustained success is because of Saban and then went into a historical hot streak which is starting to cool off it seems and itā€™s losing its luster with these recruits. Enter Jeremy Pruitt, hard nosed Bama dude who knows how to get it done and how to win but also knows that you gotta keep the players interested and the fans like it when you change it up every now and then. Them orange britches was what I heard people begging for every game. But to each their own, Iā€™m just propping my own opinion up šŸ˜

Theyā€™re gifted athletes. They didnā€™t get elected to office and theyā€™re not promoting movies. Easy with the ā€œpublic figureā€ crap. And word gets around. They donā€™t even have to venture onto a message board to hear whatā€™s being said about them. And Iā€™m not referencing restraint on valid CRITICISM. Iā€™m talking personal attacks on them and/or their families. Thereā€™s a line.
I agree...there is a line, but saying a player stunk up a game, or series of games is not crossing that line.

Any chance John Kelly finds his way back on another NFL roster this year?

Really thought heā€™d be a respectable pro. Kid is all heart and has a violent running style.

Reactions: Catbone
Sorry if this topic has already been covered

But what school took the most ā€œchancesā€ with academic risk this year?

I know florida did last year and if they did this year the virus might have rewarded them with those normal standards being lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back