NCAA releases first step in getting back to competition

I’m sure someone will come up with something. Maybe one of those hardhats with the beer cans attached to the sides with a tube running through a port in the mask. Send me $200 and I’ll see what I can do. Lol
How bout a vaccine. Less Chinese imports/pay 40% more and make it/ buy it here. Get back to normal and learn to live w out the crap we don’t need.

Right, there isn't a whole lot that we know about it yet. Only people with severely weakened immune systems could catch the exact same strain twice. That is true for all viruses that we know about so far. If it mutates on an annual basis then that means that it's just something that we will always have to deal with. Most think that Corona virus will not mutate like the flu or common cold and that it will just cycle through in a few years and will mostly be a bad memory.

On another note; shelter in place orders violate the 1st, 5th, and 14th amendments, so they will be toast soon anyways.
I love people and their amendment defenses. Feel you have the right to free speech? You don't. If that one can go, then not sure how safe whatever amendments you feel are violated. But, to each their own. Rock and roll with it.

You're not the first person to deal with this. Similar things happened during polio epidemic. So deal with it young man.

Reactions: CSVol
I am not wearing no stupid mask outdoors, folks at grocery stores and gas stations haven't been practicing social distancing for a month. Folks are tired of all the crap, if I can go to the grocery store and have to stomp all around folks I should have the right to go outdoors in the heat where it's safer than being indoors to begin with. If I can do that I should have the right to go eat indoors and I can't eat with a mask on. We beat the curve, all this other crap is BS. You can take hand sanitizer with you in the game and put it on your hands throughout the game. That is enough, and people are about tired of the hoops some keep trying to put out. They have already greatly inflated death number of covid, I sympathize for the ones that if affected but as a country we got to move on and NORMAL is what the vast majority of Americans want and are going to DEMAND! GBO!!!!!!

Reactions: Smellvin and FlVols
Not true. You are most contagious in the two days prior to your first symptom, including fever.

You want to post a credible source on that? REALLY? I'll wait. And don't come back with the WHO ; which has lied from the start. So, the likely mode of transmission is COUGHING close to someone. How then can you transmit it if you have no symptoms? God this Corona has had more twists than King B Tobacco.

You want to post a credible source on that? REALLY? I'll wait. And don't come back with the WHO ; which has lied from the start. So, the likely mode of transmission is COUGHING close to someone. How then can you transmit it if you have no symptoms? God this Corona has had more twists than King B Tobacco.
Does the cdc count as a reliable source for you?

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Presymptomatic Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 — Singapore, January 23 ...

On a separate note, I can’t count the number of times I’ve had a mild cough and no fever. It’s almost always just allergies, especially this time of year but in a big enough crowd odds are that someone has something more sinister and checking temperatures at the gate is more to make people feel safe than to actually keep people safe.

Last edited:

I had COVID-19 in March and have fully recovered. When I was diagnosed the Arkansas Health Department did a full contact tracing with me primarily focused on the 48 hours prior to my first symptom. It’s pretty much a known fact and you sir do not sound very well informed.

Wore a mask today on a trip to the store (to make my wife feel better). Don't see it lasting the summer, way too hot and uncomfortable. Once it this hot in NYC, the news will stop screaming about them I think.

Reactions: Smellvin
I had COVID-19 in March and have fully recovered. When I was diagnosed the Arkansas Health Department did a full contact tracing with me primarily focused on the 48 hours prior to my first symptom. It’s pretty much a known fact and you sir do not sound very well informed.

Ever dawn on you they did the tracing to determine who/how you contracted corona? I stand by my assessment, since the "Experts" say you catch it from "DROPLETS"-- how the hell can you have "Droplets" with no symptoms. Riddle me that. March? Well we have learned a lot since March; such as China and the WHO have Lied like Hell; and I'll lump the cdc in that too; since they have "required" Doctors to list corona as COD; when they knew full well some Deaths were from the Flu and Natural causes. "No lab work required". Whatever you say bossman.

Super Fun Fact of the night: cloth masks are useless.

ANY mask can keep some "Droplets" out. The N95's are the Primos; but if you make a 3 layer mask with a filter inside, you are pretty safe; & better protected than with NOTHING. Those surgical masks we see on the front lines must be no good either? Just one layer of Polyprop? I wholeheartedly disagree. BTW, KIDS can't transmit Corona; and rarely contract it. BREAKING NEWS.

Reactions: Frozevol
Just have sanitary wipes with you, wipe your face with them from time to time if you feel like you need to. Hell no to the mask, just a waste of time. God Bless and GBO!

Ever dawn on you they did the tracing to determine who/how you contracted corona? I stand by my assessment, since the "Experts" say you catch it from "DROPLETS"-- how the hell can you have "Droplets" with no symptoms. Riddle me that. March? Well we have learned a lot since March; such as China and the WHO have Lied like Hell; and I'll lump the cdc in that too; since they have "required" Doctors to list corona as COD; when they knew full well some Deaths were from the Flu and Natural causes. "No lab work required". Whatever you say bossman.

We knew exactly who exposed us since we were one of the first cases in Arkansas. It was a couple who had just returned from a ski trip in Colorado which ended up being one of the hot spots for corona. BTW - when they exposed us, they had no symptoms. This couple ended up being in the group of survivors who met with Trump a few weeks ago. The contact tracing the health department did with us was explicitly to see who we might have exposed unknowingly before we had symptoms. Educate yourself instead of sounding like a tin foil hat wearing uninformed hillbilly

I love people and their amendment defenses. Feel you have the right to free speech? You don't. If that one can go, then not sure how safe whatever amendments you feel are violated. But, to each their own. Rock and roll with it.

You're not the first person to deal with this. Similar things happened during polio epidemic. So deal with it young man.

And they were just as unconstitutional then as they are now. Some federal courts are beginning to take notice too.

How bout a vaccine. Less Chinese imports/pay 40% more and make it/ buy it here. Get back to normal and learn to live w out the crap we don’t need.

I'm with you. As a retired pharmacist I can tell you that before I retired almost every bottle I picked up said made in India. Knowing that the FDA only inspects those plants every 2 years and let's them know they are coming months in advance was depressing. Through this ordeal I now know that most of the precursors for those Indian drugs and many finished products are made in China. That's what you get when you go years without imposing tariffs and letting them steal away our manufacturing by subsidizing those industries. The chickens have come home to roost.

ANY mask can keep some "Droplets" out. The N95's are the Primos; but if you make a 3 layer mask with a filter inside, you are pretty safe; & better protected than with NOTHING. Those surgical masks we see on the front lines must be no good either? Just one layer of Polyprop? I wholeheartedly disagree. BTW, KIDS can't transmit Corona; and rarely contract it. BREAKING NEWS.

The masks themselves are just germ spreaders along with gloves. Particles are all over the mask, clothing, hair, body, personal items, etc, people get in their car, infect the car and everything in it than go home and infect everything there. Unless people are taking serious attempts and process to decontaminate, most likely any help from a mask isn't measurable.

I'm with you. As a retired pharmacist I can tell you that before I retired almost every bottle I picked up said made in India. Knowing that the FDA only inspects those plants every 2 years and let's them know they are coming months in advance was depressing. Through this ordeal I now know that most of the precursors for those Indian drugs and many finished products are made in China. That's what you get when you go years without imposing tariffs and letting them steal away our manufacturing by subsidizing those industries. The chickens have come home to roost.
you cant have your cake and eat it too. Either you embrace capitalism and obey the rules of supply and demand or you accept the government regulating things. In a capitalistic society its all about profit motive so unless Americans are willing to do the job for pennies then if another country has workers that will those jobs move there. U cant have it both ways.

Covid is serious and is a worldwide issue. If they have a vaccine I don't care where it comes from as long as it works. But realistically a vaccine is probably many months away. Thus far it has been found that nicotine seems to have some effect against it. In France, a country where 25% of the pop smokes doctors were amazed to find that only about 5% of the infected were smokers. Maybe this is all karma against all those lame non-smokers. If u wanna go further down the conspiracy road maybe this is big tobaccos move back into advertisement. RJ Reynolds created covid so they can have the Newport Bowl in Tampa.

the NCAA will give everyone a pack of Marlbro lights as they come in the gate.

Reactions: CSVol
Ive changed my stance a bit on this. I’m leaning more toward herd immunity these days. Just open everything back up. Sure, COVID-19 cases will increase but the vast majority will be mild or symptomless and all those people will have newly acquired antibodies moving forward. We’ve got to get back to normal life at some point.
Irresponsible to do that until a treatment is discovered/developed and readily available. An effective vaccine should also be available if no treatment is available. This virus has already killed more people than we last in Vietnam. We still do not know the sequelae of this virus. We already know that some of the aequelae affect infants, children, and young adults. It affect more than just the elderly with conditions. In addition, we still do not know if “herd immunity” will be effective for this virus. Some other corona virus antibodies last as little as 6 months to less than 18 months. This could mean that a vaccine would be ineffective from one year to the next year and herd immunity would not exist.

Irresponsible to do that until a treatment is discovered/developed and readily available. An effective vaccine should also be available if no treatment is available. This virus has already killed more people than we last in Vietnam. We still do not know the sequelae of this virus. We already know that some of the aequelae affect infants, children, and young adults. It affect more than just the elderly with conditions. In addition, we still do not know if “herd immunity” will be effective for this virus. Some other corona virus antibodies last as little as 6 months to less than 18 months. This could mean that a vaccine would be ineffective from one year to the next year and herd immunity would not exist.

We really need to figure something out where no one ever dies.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
We knew exactly who exposed us since we were one of the first cases in Arkansas. It was a couple who had just returned from a ski trip in Colorado which ended up being one of the hot spots for corona. BTW - when they exposed us, they had no symptoms. This couple ended up being in the group of survivors who met with Trump a few weeks ago. The contact tracing the health department did with us was explicitly to see who we might have exposed unknowingly before we had symptoms. Educate yourself instead of sounding like a tin foil hat wearing uninformed hillbilly

I think I have demonstrated that I'm better informed than most on here; and you CAN call me a Hillbilly. Damn proud to be one; straight from the Tennessee Hills. Keep following the narratives; that's the easy path, and the one they want you on. Thanks again for the Hillbilly Hat. Puts Me in the Best of Company.

Irresponsible to do that until a treatment is discovered/developed and readily available. An effective vaccine should also be available if no treatment is availabirusle. This v has already killed more people than we last in Vietnam. We still do not know the sequelae of this virus. We already know that some of the aequelae affect infants, children, and young adults. It affect more than just the elderly with conditions. In addition, we still do not know if “herd immunity” will be effective for this virus. Some other corona virus antibodies last as little as 6 months to less than 18 months. This could mean that a vaccine would be ineffective from one year to the next year and herd immunity would not exist.

Killed more than What? "This v has already killed more people than we last in Vietnam". I'm having a tough time here. But let me add, The CDC is listing COV as the COD in cases where there was NO EVIDENCE of the Virus. So we don't really know the truth. Do a search if you don't believe it. Read the CDC directive.

you cant have your cake and eat it too. Either you embrace capitalism and obey the rules of supply and demand or you accept the government regulating things. In a capitalistic society its all about profit motive so unless Americans are willing to do the job for pennies then if another country has workers that will those jobs move there. U cant have it both ways.

Covid is serious and is a worldwide issue. If they have a vaccine I don't care where it comes from as long as it works. But realistically a vaccine is probably many months away. Thus far it has been found that nicotine seems to have some effect against it. In France, a country where 25% of the pop smokes doctors were amazed to find that only about 5% of the infected were smokers. Maybe this is all karma against all those lame non-smokers. If u wanna go further down the conspiracy road maybe this is big tobaccos move back into advertisement. RJ Reynolds created covid so they can have the Newport Bowl in Tampa.

the NCAA will give everyone a pack of Marlbro lights as they come in the gate.

Not trying to have it both ways. Doesn't matter where our widgets come from but substances you put into your body to fight diseases are more important. The Feds have admitted that they have let drugs into the country that might not meet FDA standards because they had no choice. When there is only one source for the drug the price rises and the quality may fall. Do you really think the Chicoms care if Americans die from substandard drugs? They have killed 40 million of ther own people over the years. They ran over protestors with tanks.
I toured Eli Lilly years ago and they had people with college degrees sitting and watching bottles go by on a conveyor belt to look for crooked or missing labels because they could make more doing that than working in their degree field. You may act non-chalant about that now but I bet you wouldn't be so uncaring if you or a family were harmed by substandard drugs from the Chicoms.

Reactions: Volz4lif3

VN Store

Back