Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I was hopeful Holly would be a continuation of Pat, but she did not have the "It" factor....She is a very nice lady, but her lack of offensive knowledge was startling...She had a great sideline foot stomp, and should of had the phrase "I don't know" copyrighted...

There were too many times, whenever the camera showed the sideline coach speak, she looked so lost...After awhile, they stopped going to the sideline shot...It was too obvious she was in over her head...

Nice lady....
5c9bc9c1ee828.image.jpg

Player take on the personna of their coach and when the players looked to the sidelines they saw this and became it

Reactions: GameTime
The SEC?

I thought Baylor ruled the roost since they are technically the reigning National Champions!?!
I only said that to screw with gule....but hey...the last time I looked...we were No. 1....with a win over Baylor.....and...we will be No. 1 out of the gate next season....so as of NOW....we rule the roost.....

I only said that to screw with gule....but hey...the last time I looked...we were No. 1....with a win over Baylor.....and...we will be No. 1 out of the gate next season....so as of NOW....we rule the roost.....

And I only said that to mess with you LOL.

Didn’t you guys win that game when Lauren ... well nevermind you guys won and had a really good team last year.

It’s cool you rule the roost but Baylor is REIGNING (You know actual National Champs) supreme. That is all I’m saying. Both statements are true you guys ended #1 while Baylor is the reigning national champ. Look we both were right 😃

Last edited:
And I only said that to mess with you LOL.

Didn’t you guys win that game when Lauren ... well nevermind you guys won and had a really good team last year.

It’s cool you rule the roost but Baylor is REIGNING (You know actual National Champs) supreme. That is all I’m saying. Both statements are true you guys ended #1 while Baylor is the reigning national champ. Look we both were right 😃
No games have been played so I get to say Rutgers is the best team, even though that is totally insane.

You guys can both claim to be on top just as separate conference winners in reg. season and tournaments can hang banners and claim to be champions.

As far as the rest of us are concerned, the "reign" of any team ends within approximately 365 days (give or take a few days). If the tournament or the sport were canceled permanently, the last champion couldn't credibly claim to be "reigning champions." They'd simply be the last champion to be crowned.

It's like boxing. The reigning champions of weight divisions can't retain that status indefinitely. They have to periodically defend their titles within a specific time period or have their title stripped. Baylor will forever be 2019 champion, but their current title status expired in March.

Right now there is no '"reigning champion" because there is no 2020 champion (as NCAA history will show). The title is vacant until we have another championship.

Reactions: GameTime
No games have been played so I get to say Rutgers is the best team, even though that is totally insane.

Hey hey now what we said had truth to it. SC ended #1 in the rankings and Baylor is technically the reigning national champion.

Rutgers.... well I guess you could say they are tied for first right now (0-0) their off to a blazing start 😃

Preseason springs eternal hope!

I love it! I really want Coach Stringer to have a couple of great seasons before she retires she deserves it with all the losses she experienced personally and all the young ladies she helped raise up from rough parts of the country. Plus Her and Pat were such great friends and really helped elevate this game!

You guys can both claim to be on top just as separate conference winners in reg. season and tournaments can hang banners and claim to be champions.

As far as the rest of us are concerned, the "reign" of any team ends within approximately 365 days (give or take a few days). If the tournament or the sport were canceled permanently, the last champion couldn't credibly claim to be "reigning champions." They'd simply be the last champion to be crowned.
It's like boxing. The reigning champions of weight divisions can't retain that status indefinitely. They have to periodically defend their titles within a specific time period or have their title stripped. Baylor will forever be 2019 champion, but their current title status expired in March.

Right now there is no '"reigning champion" because there is no 2020 champion (as NCAA history will show). The title is vacant until we have another championship.

Some Virginia MBB fans trolled that theory a couple of months back.
Buy This: STILL THE CHAMPS! The celebration continues!

Did Cox play in that game?

Did Cox play in that game?
Doesn't matter...Boston is better.....we beat them by 17.....Cox would not have made up for that. I would also point out that was early in the season before this team got on a roll. The experts all agreed it would be a South Carolina/Oregon final...never mentioned Baylor.....they were just mentioned as one of the top 3. We were No. 1 at seasons end...are going to be No.1 coming out of the gate...so as of now (as I have already said)...we rule the roost....lol....if that stings...I'm sorry but facts sometimes just trip people up so bad !!!!!

Reactions: SCspur
Doesn't matter...Boston is better.....we beat them by 17.....Cox would not have made up for that. I would also point out that was early in the season before this team got on a roll. The experts all agreed it would be a South Carolina/Oregon final...never mentioned Baylor.....they were just mentioned as one of the top 3. We were No. 1 at seasons end...are going to be No.1 coming out of the gate...so as of now (as I have already said)...we rule the roost....lol....if that stings...I'm sorry but facts sometimes just trip people up so bad !!!!!

Facts don’t sting at all they are what they are...

USC guys had the #1 team at the end of the season. ✅

Baylor was the last team to lift a National Championship trophy ✅

USC had two first round picks in the 2020 draft ✅

Baylor had the higher draft pick at #3 and more overall draft picks (3>2) ✅

^ Those are the facts ^

A USC win with a healthy Lauren Cox while highly probable still is not a fact❓

This is not an attack on USC (is that what you guys like to be called or SC I dunno) I admire the program and what Dawn has done! She has been really complimentary of the LVs and Pat so no beef here. Facts are just what they are 😃

Reactions: ChattyVolfan
Not to mention Oregon too.

Neither Oregon or Baylor was beating SC to end the season. SC was on another level defensively going into the tournament and I didn’t see a team left that would’ve been able to handle it. I can’t wait for next year with Boston, Beal, Cooke, and Amihere all a year older. Teams are really going to have it hard trying to defend them. Good luck!

VN Store

Back