The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

I want to see Ross Chastain get Larson’s ride. Chip won’t have a choice but to terminate Larson because sponsorship is everything for these teams to survive. And it’ll be hard for Chip to find one for Larson.

Somebody will scoop the kid up, he’s too good of a talent and I genuinely think it was a mistake, but mistake or not, that’s just something you absolutely do not say.

He said it so casually which will lead a lot of people to believe he says it a lot when out of the spotlight.

Interesting that this involves a young, half-Asian from California. I'd be less surprised if it was an older middle-aged person from the deep south.

Interesting that this involves a young, half-Asian from California. I'd be less surprised if it was an older middle-aged person from the deep south.
That’s what surprised me. No matter who said it, again it’s not okay, but there’s some of them guys if they rattled it off it wouldn’t surprise me.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Who’s going to put him in a car? No owner is going to run a sponserless car.
Everybody said the same thing about Kurt Busch back when he was going ham. Now granted Kurt didn’t drop an N bomb but he’s doing alright now. It’ll be a little while before somebody does but he will be back sooner than later.

Everybody said the same thing about Kurt Busch back when he was going ham. Now granted Kurt didn’t drop an N bomb but he’s doing alright now. It’ll be a little while before somebody does but he will be back sooner than later.

Today dropping the N word is a nuclear bomb compared to how Kurt was acting. He might get another shot down the road on a smaller low profile team but sponsorship will be a problem for him for a while.

The thought and speech police are ruining this country. The cancel culture is out of control. The corporate sponsors fled like their pants were on fire because they fear the cancel culture more than standing up for what's right. The guy made a mistake, he didn't murder someone. He should be treated appropriately. Ruining his career is an over reaction. Send him to sensitivity training, suspend him for 10 races, then let him learn from his mistake.

You can come back from most anything, except using the N word to describe people that use the same word to describe each other.

That’s partly what makes it so absurd. The other part is the double standard where black people can make a slur about virtually any other ethnic group and get a pass.

VN Store

Back