Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

That's how I read it.

Sorry. Did not mean to imply that. I would not imagine that AU offered anything as he had to go to the SEC office in B'ham when all this came up. He was worried about losing any scholarship. Things were as dirty, or even dirtier back then than today IMO.

He must want it for something if he's asking for it. Did I miss a malaria outbreak in NY. Damn, they're having it rough. Malaria and the coronavirus.

He's responding to the requests/needs of the state's doctors and making sure they have the tools they're requesting in a pandemic. He's not making a personal pronouncement on its efficacy or what he personally would do.

Suppose you're a grocer and the flavor of the day is apple cider vinegar. It's moving like hot cakes because people think it helps with weight loss. Does it follow that the grocer also thinks it helps with weight loss because he orders more of it for his store?

Sorry. Did not mean to imply that. I would not imagine that AU offered anything as he had to go to the SEC office in B'ham when all this came up. He was worried about losing any scholarship. Things were as dirty, or even dirtier back then than today IMO.

Did he play before the 85 scholarship limit?

He's responding to the requests/needs of the state's doctors and making sure they have the tools they're requesting in a pandemic. He's not making a personal pronouncement on its efficacy or what he personally would do.

Suppose you're a grocer and the flavor of the day is apple cider vinegar. It's moving like hot cakes because people think it helps with weight loss. Does it follow that the grocer also thinks it helps with weight loss because he orders more of it for his store?
LOL.

I want a whole day where you post nothing but analogies.

Reactions: 615vols
Trump spoke of himself and you heard a general endorsement. If your quote is accurate, that's what happened. No big deal. We've all been wrong once or twice.

He started with "I think people should," caught himself, and then phrased it as a "here's what I personally would do if it were me" type statement. Now when you're the president you know full well people will interpret statements about what you would do as advice about what they should do as well.

My Saban example shows clearly how we can obliquely phrase a statement to be about what "you" should do without ever mentioning "you" at all.

He started with "I think people should," caught himself, and then phrased it as a "here's what I personally would do if it were me" type statement. Now when you're the president you know full well people will interpret statements about what you would do as advice about what they should do as well.

My Saban example shows clearly how we can obliquely phrase a statement to be about what "you" should do without ever mentioning "you" at all.
Moar analogeeeeez.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
LOL.

I want a whole day where you post nothing but analogies.

@Weezer 's hidden assumption is that Cuomo must himself believe it's efficacious if he's ordering more of it for the state. That's simply not true. He can be deferring -- as he should be -- to the needs and requests of the medical experts on the front line, just like the grocer is simply responding to the demands of his customers.

It actually used racism to makes fun of racists, but you might not appreciate the way it's done. It couldn't be made today.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back