Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the governor now and I’m not sure what travel data they are expecting to see considering all of the businesses they have considered as necessary. Also, I’m curious to see what type of long-term plan government officials have. Are we planning on doing this off and on for the next couple of years until a vaccine is created? Is this just until we have sufficient testing capabilities?

Reactions: Rishvol
Our outrage society has no time to actually watch/read content.

But honestly I am more concernerd with our own numbers right now. The whole China thing is just a diversion. I even saw one WH official say maybe we weren't prepared because China was lowballing...even as we saw SK, Italy, etc happen.

Honestly, it's all behind us and the immediate future is A1 concern. Focus needs to be on how to move forward, not finding scapegoats. We will have plenty of time years from now to dissect the rest and point fingers.

We're learning a lot about people through this (including ourselves), that's for sure.

Listening to the governor now and I’m not sure what travel data they are expecting to see considering all of the businesses they have considered as necessary. Also, I’m curious to see what type of long-term plan government officials have. Are we planning on doing this off and on for the next couple of years until a vaccine is created? Is this just until we have sufficient testing capabilities?

His rationale fails on its very surface. He's using data from urban areas which are already under local "lock down" to say that we need a state "lock down" because what we have isn't working? The "what we have" in those areas is a lock down. So how does a lock down help? The circular logic is dizzying. All this is going to do is create greater levels of both panic and anger. Neither is helpful.

What's he's doing is bowing to pressure from a bunch of folks who ought to be more focused on their profession and less focused on being twitter/petition activists. But the healthcare lobby in Nashville is probably the most powerful in the state and he is being told how he handles this will determine his political and much of his personal legacy by the folks who will go a long way toward helping him get re-elected or unseated.

For every one of us busy working and trying to kep another 6.6M people from losing their jobs next week, there are 2-3 who are doing nothing but peddling fear and victimization.

All the quarantine accomplishes is slowing the spread. It’s not going to stop it which means this will last for god knows how long. Let the thing do it’s damage and move on.

The faster it does its thing, the greater the total damage will be. Put another way, ripping off this Band-aid will take your arm with it.

Last edited:
His rationale fails on its very surface. He's using data from urban areas which are already under local "lock down" to say that we need a state "lock down" because what we have isn't working? The "what we have" in those areas is a lock down. So how does a lock down help? The circular logic is dizzying. All this is going to do is create greater levels of both panic and anger. Neither is helpful.

What's he's doing is bowing to pressure from a bunch of folks who ought to be more focused on their profession and less focused on being twitter/petition activists. But the healthcare lobby in Nashville is probably the most powerful in the state and he is being told how he handles this will determine his political and much of his personal legacy by the folks who will go a long way toward helping him get re-elected or unseated.

For every one of us busy working and trying to kep another 6.6M people from losing their jobs next week, there are 2-3 who are doing nothing but peddling fear and victimization.

He ordered non essential businesses closed a couple of days ago. That’s what was previously ordered by the counties of the big cities. This is supposed to be a more restrictive order even though in reality, it may not be. But the language is more restrictive.

I didn’t see the PC, but it appears traveling had been reduced the last couple of weeks, but it started going back up a few days ago.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I have a hard time believing that restricting personal travel and closing parks is going to be very effective when the vast majority of businesses are still operating as normal because they’re considered essential.

I’m not advocating for the restriction of these businesses by any means, but it seems like very flawed logic to restrict the public movement and at the same time have an extremely broad definition of essential.

I no longer can afford to retire early, dang I'm lucky I waited another year. Now looks like it may be 2 or 3 more years. If this crap don't take me out first.
I, like many of you have hit 60. Someone asked me before this virus even hit when I was gonna retire and I responded, "retire? hell, I'm just going to be tired!"

Reactions: VOLSONLY
He ordered non essential businesses closed a couple of days ago. That’s what was previously ordered by the counties of the big cities. This is supposed to be a more restrictive order even though in reality, it may not be. But the language is more restrictive.

I didn’t see the PC, but it appears traveling had been reduced the last couple of weeks, but it started going back up a few days ago.

That's what I was trying to say. Nashville, Memphis & Knoxville had individually already instituted the stricter language. Had been in place prior to Monday's order. So how can you use traffic data from areas that already have the stricter language to say your looser mandate isn't working.

What the DOT data showed had absolutely nothing to do with whether either the stricter or looser regs were working. That minimal increase week over week could have been nothing more than a higher volume of essential business traffic or more people going to get tested or going to the doctors out of fear. That's really my point. He's using data that doesn't support his conclusion to mask a political motive for doing something that is a huge slippery slope and will can have an economic impact greater than the virus.

The cold hard fact is that the "healthcare experts" neither understand that impact nor are they qualified to dictate policy based solely upon their area of expertise. They advise to the best of their knowledge and our elected governor has to decide whether 15k Tennesseans dead and 300k unemployed or only 5k dead and 1M unemployed is the greater evil. Instead there is a segment of the healthcare lobby/industry trying to take the decision away from the governor and the people of TN and impose their "I know best" will on the populous. BTW, this is the same group that produces paper after paper about how one of these virus' could materialize but yet still isn't anywhere close to ready when it does.

That's what I was trying to say. Nashville, Memphis & Knoxville had individually already instituted the stricter language. Had been in place prior to Monday's order. So how can you use traffic data from areas that already have the stricter language to say your looser mandate isn't working.

What the DOT data showed had absolutely nothing to do with whether either the stricter or looser regs were working. That minimal increase week over week could have been nothing more than a higher volume of essential business traffic or more people going to get tested or going to the doctors out of fear. That's really my point. He's using data that doesn't support his conclusion to mask a political motive for doing something that is a huge slippery slope and will can have an economic impact greater than the virus.

The cold hard fact is that the "healthcare experts" neither understand that impact nor are they qualified to dictate policy based solely upon their area of expertise. They advise to the best of their knowledge and our elected governor has to decide whether 15k Tennesseans dead and 300k unemployed or only 5k dead and 1M unemployed is the greater evil. Instead there is a segment of the healthcare lobby/industry trying to take the decision away from the governor and the people of TN and impose their "I know best" will on the populous. BTW, this is the same group that produces paper after paper about how one of these virus' could materialize but yet still isn't anywhere close to ready when it does.
That video by the German doctor makes the question much more complicated

I agree, I don’t disagree with the order but the logic behind the order is questionable at best.

Also, I’d expect the data they are using to be shared with the general public. I find it hard to believe that you can institute something of this magnitude without the data you used to make the decision. Especially when the data is from the anonymous tracking of the public’s cellphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back