Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

And this isn't trying to influence the election? Chaired by someone who's openly supported Biden. All of this talk of oversight of the President, who watches over Congress?
To be fair, it is a bipartisan commission, which Charlie left out of his Tweet. Pelosi is usually more politically astute than this, I think she should have waited until we are out of crisis mode. Not a good move right now.

A very astute concern, and I certainly understand my transmission rate output is not the actual rate, but a transmission rate distorted by a testing lag rate.

However, if that rate falls from 1.45 to 1.25, as an example, during the same period when we conducted more tests, then I know it is because the actual transmission rate is falling rapidly and causing downward pressure on that number to offset the upward pressure of new testing.

It is small comfort, but it tells me things aren't going quite as badly as is being reported and that our actions are having an effect.
If we could keep all the booger eaters, that feel their constitutional rights are being violated, off the streets; we might be able to control it better.

To be fair, it is a bipartisan commission, which Charlie left out of his Tweet. Pelosi is usually more politically astute than this, I think she should have waited until we are out of crisis mode. Not a good move right now.

Never let a crisis go to waste . This kind of bs is why we can’t trust any of them . They talk out of both sides of their mouths , sometimes almost at the same time . Depending on which top of the hour shows will get them the most views .

Never let a crisis go to waste . This kind of bs is why we can’t trust any of them . They talk out of both sides of their mouths , sometimes almost at the same time . Depending on which top of the hour shows will get them the most views .
Why isn't Pelosi out there securing ventilators and masks and such. I mean, someone has to lead since Trump in incapable, right?

I agree. The optics are terrible and this will only serve to feed into the belief among some Republican voters that the Coronavirus is being over-hyped in order to hurt Trump politically. This doesn't help anyone right now and it isn't politically astute either.

Why isn't Pelosi out there securing ventilators and masks and such. I mean, someone has to lead since Trump in incapable, right?

It much easier to hide in the shadows and just slap and scratch at him while he’s taking all the heat . She knows her ceiling and place .

Trump has F you sideways, but you still defend him with every breath.
How often do you admit when a Democrat has effed you or the country over? Goes both ways, Mick, and I don't recall you ever calling out the left for misbehavior. Apparently, you believe only Trump and Republicans ever eff up.

She probably is... Cali is the biggest shipping hub from China, after all.
Impossible. Politicians can only do 1 thing at a time. She can either secure needed items or play politics. For example, Trump can only play golf or govern. Tough choices right now for everyone.

Reactions: GordonC
Looks like more a stunt by Trump to appear to have our "best interests" in mind. But yeah, I get your point.

Maybe he'll open the border when farmers can't get their food to America's table too. It sort of works both ways, in that example. Unless he wants to attack minimum wage head on.

U.S. oil production is a vital, national best interest. Trump's demonstrable defense and advocacy of it nullifies any claim it's a stunt. By his very actions taken in defense of the country's economy, military capability, and national security, I defy anyone to point to a president who has done more in our "best interests". And accomplished more in our interest while hamstrung with baseless investigations and impeachment. His persona aside, what he's accomplished is extraordinary.

If by opening the border, we mean legally processed visa workers, okay. Illegal? I'm against. I'd rather we pay more - the actual price - for ag goods at the point of sale, rather than having that price taken from our pockets via a bureaucratic shell game. We should KNOW the actual price we pay for things.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
She probably is... Cali is the biggest shipping hub from China, after all.

Probably is what ? The last time I saw her in Cali was February and she was telling her people to come on out and embrace the Chinese because Trump is a racist .

Does Clyburn get to set the rules, like Schumer did?

It much easier to hide in the shadows and just slap and scratch at him while he’s taking all the heat . She knows her ceiling and place .
She also knows that if there truly is a ventilator shortage and she gets sick, she will jump the line and be taken care of at the expense of one her constituents.

Reactions: hog88 and 0nelilreb
Impossible. Politicians can only do 1 thing at a time. She can either secure needed items or play politics. For example, Trump can only play golf or govern. Tough choices right now for everyone.

To assume that Diane, Nancy or anyone else isn't working to secure medical equipment, is as silly as assuming that Trump is being productive while playing golf.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I thought it might be mid summer but yeah, Trumps handling of this has to be looked at. Congress has oversight and should do their job.

F*** em, how about pulling together to help solve the mess we currently have on our hands. No matter who wins the WH in 2020 the day Nancy POS is gone will be a day to celebrate.

VN Store

Back