Nashville(Tampa relocates)
Atlanta(XFL expansion team)

XFL Western Division

Houston
Dallas
LA
Seatlle
San Diego(XFL expansion team)
I like the idea of a XFL teams being in cities without NFL teams. They seem to appreciate more, a great example is St. Louis.
That said I think San Diego or Oakland would be a great choice in the west. I could see Toronto being a good spot for the east. Tampa should relocate. I don’t see the area supporting them. Orlando would have been a better spot for the Vipers.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I like the idea of a XFL teams being in cities without NFL teams. They seem to appreciate more, a great example is St. Louis.
That said I think San Diego or Oakland would be a great choice in the west. I could see Toronto being a good spot for the east. Tampa should relocate. I don’t see the area supporting them. Orlando would have been a better spot for the Vipers.
I think the XFL would be better off with more teams in Non-NFL cities.

I think the XFL would be better off with more teams in Non-NFL cities.

I kind of disagree, at least for the first wave or 2 of expansion. Ratings >>>> attendance and the chance for higher ratings is greater in NFL size cities. Now I count a place like San Diego as an NFL city because they had a team, and I count a city like Milwaukee since Green Bay is basically their NFL team even though the Packers aren't actually in Milwaukee.

But cities like Memphis, Birmingham, Orlando....I just don't know if that's worth it. Almost every non-NFL pro league in the past 40 years has tried those cities and most have been meh at best. And then a place like San Antonio will probably support the team well but they already have Houston and Dallas. Seems like putting a 3rd Texas team in right now isn't the best idea.

groundhog_day_breaks_alarm_clock-DMID1-5hnyezkn5-450x270.gif

I kind of disagree, at least for the first wave or 2 of expansion. Ratings >>>> attendance and the chance for higher ratings is greater in NFL size cities. Now I count a place like San Diego as an NFL city because they had a team, and I count a city like Milwaukee since Green Bay is basically their NFL team even though the Packers aren't actually in Milwaukee.

But cities like Memphis, Birmingham, Orlando....I just don't know if that's worth it. Almost every non-NFL pro league in the past 40 years has tried those cities and most have been meh at best. And then a place like San Antonio will probably support the team well but they already have Houston and Dallas. Seems like putting a 3rd Texas team in right now isn't the best idea.

I will show my age a bit but I think if the usfl had waited a few more years before moving to the fall it's possible that they could still be going

Reactions: MAD
According to XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck Atlanta and Chicago are the main cities that the XFL are looking at for expansion.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back