XFL 2023

That would be some major bad luck (no pun intended for Commissoner Luck) if the XFL didn't make it because of a virus. I really hope this isn't one of the worst cases of bad timing ever.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
That would be some major bad luck (no pun intended for Commissoner Luck) if the XFL didn't make it because of a virus. I really hope this isn't one of the worst cases of bad timing ever.
Nobody is gonna be able to go anywhere but stay home and watch TV, so it may even help if the games don’t get cancelled.

It would be so Vince McMahon to not cancel the XFL and thate why it succeeds
I don't know if they can hold out, and as soon as one player test positive, they'll suspend and/or cancel the rest of the season.
My guess is he's not ready to cancel or delay Wrestlemania and therefore can't cancel the XFL yet either. He's gonna have to fold at least on the XFL. The whole thing is unfolding and changing so quickly he can hold off on Mania for now (not happening until April 5) but it's just not a good look imo. Especially as all the dominoes have fallen today.

I'm going to ask the really important question......if the XFL is going to play can we get all the games moved to ABC and Fox? Asking for a friend.

My guess is he's not ready to cancel or delay Wrestlemania and therefore can't cancel the XFL yet either. He's gonna have to fold at least on the XFL. The whole thing is unfolding and changing so quickly he can hold off on Mania for now (not happening until April 5) but it's just not a good look imo. Especially as all the dominoes have fallen today.
I think WrestleMania 36 will wind up being postponed until June or July.

XFL statement....

Currently, the XFL will not be playing its regular-season games. However, all players will be paid their base pay and benefits for the 2020 regular season. All XFL ticket holders will be issued refunds or credit toward future games. The XFL is committed to playing a full season in 2021 and future years.

XFL statement....

Currently, the XFL will not be playing its regular-season games. However, all players will be paid their base pay and benefits for the 2020 regular season. All XFL ticket holders will be issued refunds or credit toward future games. The XFL is committed to playing a full season in 2021 and future years.
I'm glad the XFL will be back for 2021.

Reactions: MAD
XFL statement....

The XFL’s statement only mentions that regular season-games will not be played. In my opinion it leaves the door open for the playoffs.

The XFL’s statement only mentions that regular season-games will not be played. In my opinion it leaves the door open for the playoffs.

Maybe but they've also said anyone is free to sign with an NFL team. IMO that sounds like they're done for good this season.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back