$/ Corona/eligibility

From Ballpark Digest today:

In a move that impacts the minor leagues and perhaps college baseball, the 2020 draft could be shortened to only five rounds and moved to July, with a 2021 draft potentially shortened to 20 rounds. A draft of only 20 rounds has been part of the discussions of the Professional Baseball Agreement with the National Association, as MLB has been pushing the elimination of Short Season A and Rookie leagues and pushing a narrative that 40 MiLB teams will probably fold anyway die to financial issues created by the coronavirus pandemic—a view not widely shared in the MiLB world, based on our ongoing discussions with owners. Player development is a baseball issue currently in chaos. Some MLB front-office folks are argued against a draft at all in order to concentrate on the players already in the system: Tulsa Drillers manager Scott Hennessey warns that the promising Dodgers players on his team may not get the work they need to develop if the MiLB season is seriously curtailed. And with the elimination of college and high-school seasons across the country, the analysts say they don’t have the data to make informed draft choices. The NCAA has not yet announced whether players would receive an extra year of eligibility after the 2020 college season was scrapped, though a decision is due Monday. A complicating factor is that some high-profile college players have been in discussions to play this season with independent teams immediately and not waiting for a draft.

Reactions: vol66
That last sentence there is what I was getting at with my post a while back. It gives the scouts a way to evaluate, you won’t be playing in front of large crowds, streaming could be a small source of revenue, makes some room for incoming freshmen, though a 5 round draft limits it somewhat.

It’s not likely to happen that way, but it’s at least a creative solution.

That last sentence there is what I was getting at with my post a while back. It gives the scouts a way to evaluate, you won’t be playing in front of large crowds, streaming could be a small source of revenue, makes some room for incoming freshmen, though a 5 round draft limits it somewhat.

It’s not likely to happen that way, but it’s at least a creative solution.

I guess it would be hard to pull it off but now is the time for Indy ball to get some named players. Even the mil dollar bonus babies are only going to get 100k this first year if I understand things right. Pay those guys some good money and see if you can pack some 5-10k stadiums for a few years I guess

I guess it would be hard to pull it off but now is the time for Indy ball to get some named players. Even the mil dollar bonus babies are only going to get 100k this first year if I understand things right. Pay those guys some good money and see if you can pack some 5-10k stadiums for a few years I guess

The seniors that don’t get drafted are really gonna get F’d with this deal.

The seniors that don’t get drafted are really gonna get F’d with this deal.

And that really stinks and I hate it for them but let’s be honest there is a lot of getting F’d going on now for everyone

I for one think everyone needs to just accept that they are getting screwed and get on with life instead of passing it down the line.

Imo a Hs senior that is missing his senior season, not having prom, graduation and senior trips doesn’t need to get double Screwed on the next year where they show up and the roster is flooded

Jmo

And that really stinks and I hate it for them but let’s be honest there is a lot of getting F’d going on now for everyone

I for one think everyone needs to just accept that they are getting screwed and get on with life instead of passing it down the line.

Imo a Hs senior that is missing his senior season, not having prom, graduation and senior trips doesn’t need to get double Screwed on the next year where they show up and the roster is flooded

Jmo

You know me man, I have been preaching upending the system for a good while.

This is an opportunity to try something else for a relatively short period of time.

MLB getting away with maxing out undrafted free agents at 20 G is BS. If that’s what happens.

I get your point and I agree one option is just calling it a lost season.

I just don’t think that’s the best solution, certainly it lacks creativity, and it’s most certainly not the best resolution for players.

It’s just easy.

How does Bruin have more likes than you? Nobody likes Bruin....except for me.

Hell, I like Bruin plenty, he brings the heat.

As for likes, I have no idea. But I have the self awareness to say... I post a lot of stuff that must sound crazy to people.

Hell, I like Bruin plenty, he brings the heat.

As for likes, I have no idea. But I have the self awareness to say... I post a lot of stuff that must sound crazy to people.

Lmao. No explanation necessary. I’m drunk and no baseball. Vandy sux and cheats.

@BruinVol

Reactions: BruinVol
E’rbody agrees on that Vandy sux! Cheers, TXBO, trying to get to that state myself...one beer at a time.

Cheers 66!

Only bright side is I don’t have to watch opposing fans beat on trash cans in the outfield against my Astros. Lol

Reactions: vol66

VN Store

Back