Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

BREAKING: Trump sets Easter deadline for national coronavirus recovery
President Donald Trump said he would “love” to have the nation recovered and back open for business from the coronavirus by April 12, Easter Sunday.

"We're opening up this incredible country. Because we have to do that. I would love to have it open by Easter," Trump said.
"I would love to have that. It's such an important day for other reasons, but I'd love to make it an important day for this. I would love to have the country opened up, and rarin' to go by Easter."

Sounds hopeful, but is that a “deadline?” Again, sensationalist headline.

Do we really know these answers? I'll give you #3, and a half on #4 because the US has not "approved" a plan yet. I'm hearing from way too many people that tested negative for Flu in November/December that claim all the symptoms COVID-19. When they have an antibody test that provides us with a real idea of how many people actually got it/were exposed, then and only then can we compare it to the Flu. Don't get me wrong there are too many unknowns at this point and it is scary enough that I'll social distance.

Reactions: VolnJC
"We're opening up this incredible country. Because we have to do that. I would love to have it open by Easter," Trump said.
"I would love to have that. It's such an important day for other reasons, but I'd love to make it an important day for this. I would love to have the country opened up, and rarin' to go by Easter."

I agree the headline is misleading.

A better one was: "Trump shows ignorance once again" or "Trump maintains disconnect from reality" or "Trump again gets rid of advisers who dare tell the truth"

Reactions: Purple Tiger

The headline is a little sensational.

The number he had on the flu was 37,000. I can promise you we don't reach that
OK you have a reasonable estimate on the numbers of deaths on the flu because we have historical references. But where are you getting your numbers on COVID19. From everything I see no one knows. You cannot make a definitive statement that more people will die of the flu when the projected number of deaths from COVID19 is unknown.

The left and the media will say that Trump has blood on his hands as they wheel out every crying family member of everyone that dies, after he reopens the country for commerce. If he doesn't reopen the country, he will be blamed for tanking the economy. If he doesn't give money to people affected, he will be a cold, heartless, ruthless businessman and be blamed with them losing their homes, cars, jobs, etc. If he gives them money, he will be blamed for ballooning the deficit and debt, and bailing out his wealthy friends.

The left and the media will say that Trump has blood on his hands as they wheel out every crying family member of everyone that dies, after he reopens the country for commerce. If he doesn't reopen the country, he will be blamed for tanking the economy. If he doesn't give money to people affected, he will be a cold, heartless, ruthless businessman and be blamed with them losing their homes, cars, jobs, etc. If he gives them money, he will be blamed for ballooning the deficit and debt, and bailing out his wealthy friends.

Sadly all true. There is an agenda by the press and it is not helping the situation.

Who is going to break it to the infected people that come Easter they had best be not infected?

Reactions: Stew Cook
OK you have a reasonable estimate on the numbers of deaths on the flu because we have historical references. But where are you getting your numbers on COVID19. From everything I see no one knows. You cannot make a definitive statement that more people will die of the flu when the projected number of deaths from COVID19 is unknown.
correct but I have no reason the believe we will go from 700 ish deaths on 3/24 to 37,000 when this is over

Reactions: hUTch2002
You are overclaiming what I said.

I was, correctly, suspicious that the tweets coming out from conservative bloggers from their sources were misleading and out of context. Some were incorrect. Most were simply so far out of context as to be wrong. See e.g. demands for corporate diversity. That in fact was simply reporting for the internal government organizations administering some of the funds under a particular subpart. We can argue about the merit of that, but it was specifically narrowed to one part of the administration of funds, under HUD I believe.

Now, the airline emissions thing? I agree with you that has no business being in there.

But I do think that anyone with a semblance of political savvy would realize that the particular provision there was never seriously contemplated and was not what has been holding this up.

I'm glad Nancy &Co put these provisions in the bill. It's a preview of what we can expect should they hold the house and Biden wins the WH.

VN Store

Back