Jalen Johnson enters transfer portal

Totally unsurprising news, but he definitely gave his all, and I appreciate his contributions. He really was beginning to take on a role of shooting threat off the bench, and I think that role would have worked well for him next year if not for the glut of talented guards we have returning and coming in as freshmen, and our need for some size.

Good luck, Jalen. You will always be a Vol!

Good luck to him, wouldn’t be surprised if Tennessee has someone in mind already, thinking EJ Anosike is pretty likely.
I wish he were taller but a good athletic 6'6 bruiser that likes to rebound would fill a need. I haven't seen him play but stats look good even if he is playing at a lower level.

Good luck to him, wouldn’t be surprised if Tennessee has someone in mind already, thinking EJ Anosike is pretty likely.

I know TB mentioned him a week or so back and the family connection to here as well, but is this a gut feel or is there more info out there than the Basillo stuff?

Thanks!

Nice pic. That was the run after being down 17 in Rupp while ESPN was slit screening and fawning over whether UK would be a 1 or 2 seed! When the announcers finally got off Cal's sack, we were down by only 7 or 8, LOL. As Cal said, the game got physical and UK didn't match it. One of my fav parts of the game was Cal tearing into #12 for letting Jalen drill two straight 3s right in front of the bench. I can just hear him tearing that kid a new one after 3 days of film and scouting report showing that JJ hasn't beaten a soul off the dribble in 3 years. I imagine something like "Just stand out past the 3pt line with him ... That's all you have to do, moron". Sweet memories ... Thanks Jalen!

Class act btw!

Thank you to Jalen and his contribution to Vol BBall program The nations leader in rebounding was Kevin Marfro 6' 8 245 13 boards a game. he entered portal last week and yes Tennessee will be after him along with other major programs. He is from Quinnipiac.

We have two needs: 1. 6'9"+ 240 LBS+ Rebounder. Top priority
2. Lighting Quick Point Guard who is a great defender.

I know TB mentioned him a week or so back and the family connection to here as well, but is this a gut feel or is there more info out there than the Basillo stuff?

Thanks!
I know the staff has been in contact with him, and not many guys, so I take that to assume he’s a major target.

I know the staff has been in contact with him, and not many guys, so I take that to assume he’s a major target.
He also may have the added benefit of he and his family being familiar enough with Tennessee to not need a visit to shore up a commitment. Most others would want to visit campus before deciding, and that isn't on the table, right now.

Reactions: RyanWalkerPGH
He also may have the added benefit of he and his family being familiar enough with Tennessee to not need a visit to shore up a commitment. Most others would want to visit campus before deciding, and that isn't on the table, right now.
Yup, very true.

VN Store

Back