Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 267782
Best thing I've seen today lol.

One of my favorite lines off of a TV show, was on Dirty Jobs. Mike was talking to a sandblaster or something similar, guy wore a hazmat looking suit, all day, every day for years.

Mike asked him how he handled being in there, with only himself as company, for so much time. He responded:
"It's not a bad job.. but you better like the person you're stuck in there with".
Ha, loved that line.

We founded the west homesteading for lawd's sake. Now here we are for a couple of weeks, all this social media and streaming content to help pass the time and several on the interwebs flipping tf out.

Starting to think the real issue is, many just can't stand the company they're stuck with, 😁.

Tennessee up to 505 cases 2 deaths
What upsets me is people that don’t know and causing craziness. Not you btw. My wife has a cousin that was a nurse in middle tn gets a phone call about how bad this is. I’m not saying it’s not bad cuz it sure isn’t great but her exact words were “this virus is even killing younger people left and right” My wife is now officially on the crazed side of things and making life harder than it should be. This quarantine will be the end of one of us... jk. Kinda:)

Reactions: StoVol and VOLSONLY
One of my favorite lines off of a TV show, was on Dirty Jobs. Mike was talking to a sandblaster or something similar, guy wore a hazmat looking suit, all day, every day for years.

Mike asked him how he handled being in there, with only himself as company, for so much time. He responded:
"It's not a bad job.. but you better like the person you're stuck in there with".
Ha, loved that line.

We founded the west homesteading for lawd's sake. Now here we are for a couple of weeks, all this social media and streaming content to help pass the time and several on the interwebs flipping tf out.

Starting to think the real issue is, many just can't stand the company they're stuck with, 😁.
Lol.. Yeah I was pretty snippy by Tuesday last week... So good advice.. Lol

Reactions: chargervol

Ha, loved that line.

Mike had a great line on there one time that I always remembered for whatever reason. They were re-roofing a building in Pasadena and Mike was slopping hot tar and struggling with it. The boss guy told him he was doing it wrong and Mike said, “Of course I’m doing it wrong! When I said hello I told you everything I know about hot tar roofing.”

montypython.gif

He has fair arguments, although I'm not sure why he thinks it will stop at 1% of the total population. As for the ship, half of the cases are still outstanding. We don't yet know how that will resolve.

He is absolutely correct that we don't know what the numbers will be. We do know that Italy is already at the point that they aren't treating people over 60. It was 65 a week ago. Might be 55 soon. I'm 55. That scares me.
I believe we're learning lessons. Like you, I believe it will slow down. I think we will be better off, though we did start too late, IMO. I'M kind of torn on a mandated stay in place. People have demonstrated that there's a large segment of the population not following the guidelines.

I’ve been offered multiple times to go to NY because I have Hospitalist experience. I keep saying no because of the risk. I told my wife what they are offering and she was “you should go”.

😂WTF
My wife was not thrilled with me working until I reminded her about how much life insurance I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back