WaPo vindicates Trump, acknowledges CDC/FDA failures for six weeks

What action(s) are you saying CDC/Fed should have been taking prior to the week of Jan 22-Jan 28 ? Nationwide Testing ? Proven Cure ?

38:33 -- "at the moment, there's nothing individual Am's should be worried about, but that's at the moment."

38:53 -- ""What % of passengers are (being screened coming in) from China?"

Solid work on these posts, Rex!

Like I have previously stated, if there was any rule or regulation which needed to be changed in order to allow labs to create their own Coronavirus tests, it could have been done either early in the outbreak or prior to the outbreak... blaming the Obama Administration, 3 years into his term is ridiculous - and Trump won't even specify what rule he is referring to, he just wants you to know that if something is wrong, it's Obama's fault. That isn't leadership. It's petty.

Your unconditional support of Trump and fealty to him is it's own syndrome. Trump is over-hyping drugs and in some cases, he is just flat out lying. On Friday, Trump claimed that the malaria drug they're hoping to use against the Coronavirus was "effective". Dr. Anthony Fauci of the White House task force had to quickly walk back that claim and say that the drug in question had not gone through a clinical trial and that the FDA had previously stated that the drug had not been approved to combat the virus. This misinformation is irresponsible. It's not good leadership to be over-promising and under-delivering, but that is what Trump is doing.

My "support" is not unconditional and is in support of facts first, Trump second. The reason it seems to you I have unconditional support for Trump is that you have unconditional and unrelenting opposition to him. You magnify to DEFCON level 1 any misstatement, innocuous, or inaccurate statement but have created level 6 (Bury Under Six Miles of Silt in the Mariana Trench) for the overwhelming good he's done and pulling the CDC and FDA ass out of the fire.

CDC and associated "experts" were telling us into Feb that while we should not underestimate it, much was not known and there was (at the time) no reason for Americans to fear for their safety. Then CDC and FDA spent the entire month of Feb and into March fumbling for a viable test. It's remarkable how Trump has taken the arrows for those agencies sake, from people like you in the media, and said "Fk it; we're pressing on, let them piss and moan".

I swear the left would fellate Hitler and the conversation would go something like this:

"Yah, I haff done some bad things"
"But......I haff some dirt on der Trump."
"Yah! - ho, ho! das nice; you liken Uncle Addy now, eh?"

Last edited:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel better having a business executive in charge of this Coronavirus response, than having a lifetime politician. A businessman has a history of solving problems. A politician generally creates them.

the documents refute Tim Morrison. Actions refute Tim Morrison. If he made the PRT stronger, where in the hell are the test, why were they not prepared. You can copy and paste any EDITORIAL (OPINION) you want, but the facts does not back up Tim Morrison's claim. Tim Morrison who is also a lobbyist for the Hudson Institute. So as I said, his motives are clear as day.
Conservatives claim that to make something stronger, you starve it. That's a fallacy.

You don’t starve anything to make it stronger , that’s a false statement , you trim the fat , find the overruns , do away with the bloat , get rid of redundant positions , policies and procedures .. you streamline it . That will make it stronger . Anyone in or has been in business knows this .

Reactions: AM64 and NCFisher
What is the rationale for not invoking the Defense Production Act? Those state officials calling for it make a pretty compelling case.

the documents refute Tim Morrison. Actions refute Tim Morrison. If he made the PRT stronger, where in the hell are the test, why were they not prepared. You can copy and paste any EDITORIAL (OPINION) you want, but the facts does not back up Tim Morrison's claim. Tim Morrison who is also a lobbyist for the Hudson Institute. So as I said, his motives are clear as day.
Conservatives claim that to make something stronger, you starve it. That's a fallacy.

Documents? Post it, I'd love to read it. Or you can omit cutting and pasting, or providing any counter-argument, and we'll just take your work for it.

That question has been answered; CDC was given exclusive FDA EUA to produce a test protocol. CDC began shipping Feb 4, nearly the same date as the WHO began shipping tests. By mid-month, it was apparent the test was failing at high percentage while CDC worked to resolve the problem right through the end of Feb.

Now, you tell me how having Obama in the WH would have changed that? That's right, it wouldn't have because Trump relied on the same CDC and FDA experts Obama would have, the same experts the left said he should defer to. Well, he did.

So, who to believe, Morrison - head of the directorate formed by consolidating three agencies, or random Vol poster who's been told several times now why the testing is behind. Hmmm...Morrison or random guy....

Last edited:
What is the rationale for not invoking the Defense Production Act? Those state officials calling for it make a pretty compelling case.

Because we don't want the federal government forcibly taking over production unless it's absolutely necessary and absolutely selectively and narrowly used.
Why would we assume that government taking over would result magically in more capacity and output, more efficiently, than companies responding to a demand?

We've gone precisely from virtually zero testing capacity - a condition inflicted by government carving out an exclusive to provide testing itself - to 5-6 million kits shipped by end of next week, and a production capacity of millions per week by end of month, precisely because of private industry responding to demand AND NOT because of Fed commandeering.

Aside from unblinking fealty to large government, why would ANYone default to that position? Good grief.

Last edited:
Because we don't want the federal government forcibly taking over production unless it's absolutely necessary and absolutely selectively and narrowly used.
Why would we assume that government taking over would result magically in more capacity and output, more efficiently, than companies responding to a demand?

We've gone precisely from virtually zero testing capacity - a condition inflicted by government carving out an exclusive to provide testing itself - to 5-6 million kits shipped by end of next week, and a weekly production capacity of millions per week by end of month, precisely because of private industry responding to demand AND NOT because of Fed commandeering.

Aside from unblinking fealty to large government, why would ANYone default to that position? Good grief.

Because of price gouging by producers.

Because of price gouging by producers.

That's not the purpose of the act. The mere possibility of "price gouging" is not argument for government commandeering industry. Nor would a government response to the feared gouging require commandeering production. In fact, it would likely result in less efficiency and require higher pricing.

"Price gouging" is an entirely subjective term.
If companies go to the expense of quickly increasing capacity, diverting from or putting their business plans on hold, and reallocating resources, why should they not be paid more if their costs increase to meet a short term demand? Aside from that, so-called gouging has a moderating effect on over consumption. It's not entirely an answer, but definitely a component.

You don’t starve anything to make it stronger , that’s a false statement , you trim the fat , find the overruns , do away with the bloat , get rid of redundant positions , policies and procedures .. you streamline it . That will make it stronger . Anyone in or has been in business knows this .
I know that. But that's now how conservatives operate.

Documents? Post it, I'd love to read it. Or you can omit cutting and pasting, or providing any counter-argument, and we'll just take your work for it.

That question has been answered; CDC was given exclusive FDA EUA to produce a test protocol. CDC began shipping Feb 4, nearly the same date as the WHO began shipping tests. By mid-month, it was apparent the test was failing at high percentage while CDC worked to resolve the problem right through the end of Feb.

Now, you tell me how having Obama in the WH would have changed that? That's right, it wouldn't have because Trump relied on the same CDC and FDA experts Obama would have, the same experts the left said he should defer to. Well, he did.

So, who to believe, Morrison - head of the directorate formed by consolidating three agencies, or random Vol poster who's been told several times now why the testing is behind. Hmmm...Morrison or random guy....
If it was made stronger as Morrison suggest, why were they not prepared. These experts that you claim donald deferred to gave answers totally what donald says. So either donald thought it was cute to be coy and dismissive or the experts were over reacting.

My "support" is not unconditional and is in support of facts first, Trump second. The reason it seems to you I have unconditional support for Trump is that you have unconditional and unrelenting opposition to him. You magnify to DEFCON level 1 any misstatement, innocuous, or inaccurate statement but have created level 6 (Bury Under Six Miles of Silt in the Mariana Trench) for the overwhelming good he's done and pulling the CDC and FDA ass out of the fire.

CDC and associated "experts" were telling us into Feb that while we should not underestimate it, much was not known and there was (at the time) no reason for Americans to fear for their safety. Then CDC and FDA spent the entire month of Feb and into March fumbling for a viable test. It's remarkable how Trump has taken the arrows for those agencies sake, from people like you in the media, and said "Fk it; we're pressing on, let them piss and moan".

I swear the left would fellate Hitler and the conversation would go something like this:

"Yah, I haff done some bad things"
"But......I haff some dirt on der Trump."
"Yah! - ho, ho! das nice; you liken Uncle Addy now, eh?"
You are seeing what you want to see, rather than what is grounded in reality. That is a form of unconditional support. Even for an acolyte, such an obsequious line must have been hard to type with a straight face.

Uhm, WaPo is making the case - the obvious one I've been arguing - that CDC and FDA bureaucracy, not Trump, is why we've had virtually no testing.

And while they won't come out and say it, they vindicate his private-public partnership.

This is a unicorn; if this ain't worth your time, you're reading the wrong stuff.
O but private company is bad Ask Luther and the other leftards.

Reactions: AM64
Define “ deep state “ . At this point the phrase has been used to oblivion and back diluting the definition. It’s like pulling the race card now , it’s a catch all phrase .

All the leftards mock the deep state but its Obvious But there were a lot of people in our intelligence that did illegal stuff against trump.

A conservative was the one that just posted what you replied to . 😉
I know that, could tell from your name. Two points, you can not run government like a business. Totally different skill sets and entities. Second point, conservative mantra starving to make something stronger, better. Put lick schools for instance. The public plan is to divert money to vouchers, taking money from public schools directing to private. Somehow,magically this will improve the quality of education in public education.

If it was made stronger as Morrison suggest, why were they not prepared. These experts that you claim donald deferred to gave answers totally what donald says. So either donald thought it was cute to be coy and dismissive or the experts were over reacting.

They were prepared and shipped kits the same time WHO did. But something occurred with the production of the kits, and they failed in the field.

Now, you tell me how Obama and the bloated NSC would have handled it any differently? Correct, we'd have the same result and you'd - of course - be complaining that O was not prepared, right? Of course not, because you can only be so prepared for a novel virus that is hidden from the world by the CCP even while it infects the globe via travel.

You can only be so prepared when you receive the genome sequencing just two weeks prior to developing your test protocol and shipping. And that assumes anyone knows in that mid-Jan frame that this is going pandemic. In fact, the WHO told the world on Jan 14 that it was not human-human transmittable. The CDC mirrored that comment at least as late as Jan 28. WHO became aware of human-human transmission Jan 20 or 21. The first U.S. case was Jan 21. The WHO did not declare a Public Health Emergency of International Concern until Jan 30th. Trump declared a Public Health Emergency on Jan 31.

You are fabricating a narrative from whole cloth when you claim "These experts that you claim donald deferred to gave answers totally what donald says." The "experts" at WHO and CDC were saying the same thing. Did WHO "defer" to "donald", too?

I know that, could tell from your name. Two points, you can not run government like a business. Totally different skill sets and entities. Second point, conservative mantra starving to make something stronger, better. Put lick schools for instance. The public plan is to divert money to vouchers, taking money from public schools directing to private. Somehow,magically this will improve the quality of education in public education.
What are the different skill sets involved, other than not being able to fire incompetent people?
As far as public/private education, it's called competition. That should make the public schools better. Where do your Democratic and Republican politicians in D.C. send their kids? Why?

First .. my name has nothing to do with my political affiliation or ideology. To be totally honest I was voting democrat when I came up with it on here , and Democrats were all I knew when the name was given to me . One should never “ assume “ . Secondly .. the biggest problem with government isn’t the lie that it requires a special skill set to run, anybody can .. lie ,cheat , and steal. The problem is it’s never ran like a business with budgets and consequences for going over those limits . There’s no need to trim the fat , find the redundancies or get rid of stupid policies that cause deficits , because there’s no penalty or incentives to. Lastly .. after applying programs to the government to make them responsible, apply the same concepts to schools . Seems simple enough .

Reactions: DC_Vol and AM64
First .. my name has nothing to do with my political affiliation or ideology. To be totally honest I was voting democrat when I came up with it on here , and Democrats were all I knew when the name was given to me . One should never “ assume “ . Secondly .. the biggest problem with government isn’t the lie that it requires a special skill set to run, anybody can .. lie ,cheat , and steal. The problem is it’s never ran like a business with budgets and consequences for going over those limits . There’s no need to trim the fat , find the redundancies or get rid of stupid policies that cause deficits , because there’s no penalty or incentives to. Lastly .. after applying programs to the government to make them responsible, apply the same concepts to schools . Seems simple enough .
I work in government, it does not work like that.in theory it sounds good. But ask yourself this question, why do conservatives on shrink parts of government that they deem inefficient? Education, public health, etc...they throw money at the military and businesses. How does the military and businesses help the populace? Not enough money for healthcare but enough money for tax breaks......

I work in government, it does not work like that.in theory it sounds good. But ask yourself this question, why do conservatives on shrink parts of government that they deem inefficient? Education, public health, etc...they throw money at the military and businesses. How does the military and businesses help the populace? Not enough money for healthcare but enough money for tax breaks......

It doesn’t work like that because politicians get extremely wealthy keeping it inefficient and full of red tape . The money thrown at the military , Education , health care or any other program is almost alway ineffective because of the rot in government , the same rot that keeps politicians wealthy goes right down the chain . I know you aren’t as sewing how the military and business helps the population of our country . How big is that economy California likes to brag about without the military bases and business there ? If you are indeed in government then you know as far as tax breaks go , that’s a hell of a lot cheaper than healthcare for everyone and it’s not even in the same ball park .

They didn't react slowly, but took very early ban and quarantine measures the left bitched about and that WHO advised against. FDA issued CDC exclusive EUA. CDC began shipping test the same time as WHO, but those failed in the field taking us all the way into March while CDC promised replacement kits.

There's nothing to indicate response would be better under Obama, for instance. He would have gone to the same "experts" for guidance. And it would be exponentially worse under a Biden presidency as that addled dunce would STILL not have banned travel and quarantined, including direct flights from Wuhan itself.

So go vote Biden in 2020, smart guy.

Awww, now you know very well that the NSC Pandemic team that Trump axed would have commandeered a lab, cranked out millions of immediate result test kits, sent the recipes for immunizations and cures out to get them manufactured and out for delivery the next day, and as a preventive measure shut down air traffic with China before they went off to bed. That pandemic team could do it all - didn't need no stinkin' CDC or FDA getting in their way and slowing them down.

The libs need to log some overtime in this thrad. Trump's approval rating just climbed into the 50%+ range.

Like I said last week, all they've done by over hyping this virus is set him up to be the hero that vanquished Armageddon, for just managing people through the flu season.

VN Store

Back