The OFFICIAL DUKE/UNC B-BALL THREAD 2019/2020 (BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER THAN EVER)

Chris Webber crying like a bathroom full of highschool doesent bring joy to you? I’m shocked

It didn’t bring me joy like watching the dumpster fire that was 2019-20 UNC hoops, but watching replays of Webber sulk after the 2002 title game loss to Duke, after showboating all season, doesn’t exactly break my heart.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
It didn’t bring me joy like watching the dumpster fire that was 2019-20 UNC hoops, but watching replays of Webber sulk after the 2002 title game loss to Duke, after showboating all season, doesn’t exactly break my heart.

Meh, you win you lose it’s a fact of life.
I sent Roy a personalized invitation for Easter dinner at your house. I’m sure you two will have a lot to talk about 😂

https://www.google.com/amp/s/vault....-fast-talking-fab-five-of-michigan-once-again
Beating the Fab Five twice in the 91-92 season was really nice to top it off with a title, but not many people talk about the the game in Cameron after Laettner was gone. The Fab Five talked so much stuff before that game. Juwan Howard saying how he pitied Duke and how they were gonna get revenge. 3 straight against that crew was pretty nice.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/vault....-fast-talking-fab-five-of-michigan-once-again
Beating the Fab Five twice in the 91-92 season was really nice to top it off with a title, but not many people talk about the the game in Cameron after Laettner was gone. The Fab Five talked so much stuff before that game. Juwan Howard saying how he pitied Duke and how they were gonna get revenge. 3 straight against that crew was pretty nice.

That crew was all hat and no cattle.

They helped Nike sell a bunch of baggy shorts and black socks, but they won a whole bunch of nothing.

Bobby Hurley is the reason I’m a Duke fan. I liked Laettner, both Hills, Lang, Davis, etc. but I wanted to be just like Hurley. First jersey I ever owned

This one hurts. Tre grew up with Duke posters on his wall and dreamed of bringing us a National Championship when he grew up only to have a cruel loss in the E8 but came back and improved and now to not even have a chance to redeem himself through no fault of his own. There were no guarantees but it sure hurts like hell not to find out what would have happened. I guess some things just aren't meant to be but at least he basically sealed the deal to get Tyus here. This will leave a black cloud over my head for a long time. Since there was no postseason play he went out the best way he possibly could by sweeping the Tar Holes and ripping their hearts out in The Nose Dome. Thanks for the memories, Tre!

Bobby Hurley is the reason I’m a Duke fan. I liked Laettner, both Hills, Lang, Davis, etc. but I wanted to be just like Hurley. First jersey I ever owned

Bob Verga was the guy who made me like Dook...not a Dook fan, mind you, but his outside shooting was (and I don't like the word) epic......yes I'm old, too

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Bob Verga was the guy who made me like Dook...not a Dook fan, mind you, but his outside shooting was (and I don't like the word) epic......yes I'm old, too

Haha I like it. I remember State having Corchiani and Rodney Monroe “Fire and Ice” along with Chucky Brown. They were really good then. Gugliotta was really good too.

TJ Warren went to my high school. I played pick up with him right before he went to State. That guy was unbelievable.

This one hurts. Tre grew up with Duke posters on his wall and dreamed of bringing us a National Championship when he grew up only to have a cruel loss in the E8 but came back and improved and now to not even have a chance to redeem himself through no fault of his own. There were no guarantees but it sure hurts like hell not to find out what would have happened. I guess some things just aren't meant to be but at least he basically sealed the deal to get Tyus here. This will leave a black cloud over my head for a long time. Since there was no postseason play he went out the best way he possibly could by sweeping the Tar Holes and ripping their hearts out in The Nose Dome. Thanks for the memories, Tre!

It sucks that he didn’t get a chance to cut down some nets. To read what Coach K said about him as a person and as a player is all I need to l know about him. I think it would’ve been a real long shot to see Duke win the title this season, but at the same time it was wide open. It’s a shame that all of this has happened.

Reactions: The Sheriff

VN Store

Back