The OFFICIAL DUKE/UNC B-BALL THREAD 2019/2020 (BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER THAN EVER)

Yeah, I don't think UNC ever got anything for their academic scandal, did they?
Haha. No they didn’t . This won’t ever see the light of day. Their request isn’t even relevant. It will get thrown out and it will be much to do about nothing.

If Zion and his family did get extra benefits does anyone think that Duke would get punished by the NCAA while college basketball is going through the worst time in its history ? College basketball needs Duke more than ever to be the loved and most hated team they have been for a long time.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Anybody know what this is all about? I had no idea that there were any problems with Lawson and Roy. McCants? Yeah I’d buy that, but I was surprised to see this:

Anybody know what this is all about? I had no idea that there were any problems with Lawson and Roy. McCants? Yeah I’d buy that, but I was surprised to see this:

Maybe he's saying Roy told NBA GMs not to draft him perhaps, or badmouthed him in some way ("I got messages from 10 nba gm's that said it came out your mouth")? Not sure.

The BR article below speculates whatever it is, it's a recent development. Despite his claim of not supporting anything UNC does and people supposedly asking him why he doesn't show love to the program, his social media frequently has in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say his nba career didn’t go as planned and he needed someone to blame.
Yep. I’m seeing a lot of comments about his drug and alcohol use. If that’s the case That sucks. I hated seeing that guy on the court. He was freaking good .

Maybe he's saying Roy told NBA GMs not to draft him perhaps, or badmouthed him in some way ("I got messages from 10 nba gm's that said it came out your mouth")? Not sure.

The BR article below speculates whatever it is, it's a recent development. Despite his claim of not supporting anything UNC does and people supposedly asking him why he doesn't show love to the program, his social media frequently has in the past.

Another one stated that it could be a move to get his name back out there. I’m not saying Roy is a saint no coach is but this is from left field.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Yep. I’m seeing a lot of stories about his drug and alcohol use. That sucks. I hated seeing that guy on the court. He was freaking good .

Drugs and alcohol? Smh. Well, if this is untrue which I believe it’s 90-95% it is then good luck coming back for the alumni game.

Another one stated that it could be a move to get his name back out there. I’m not saying Roy is a saint no coach is but this is from left field.
That's absolutely hilarious how he did it though. He wins a social media fan vote as "favorite PG," and his response to it is to blast Roy. lol

Just glanced at his Wikipedia page and I had no idea he had that many DUIs. If he needs help hopefully he's getting it.

Haha. No they didn’t . This won’t ever see the light of day. Their request isn’t even relevant. It will get thrown out and it will be much to do about nothing.

If Zion and his family did get extra benefits does anyone think that Duke would get punished by the NCAA while college basketball is going through the worst time in its history ? College basketball needs Duke more than ever to be the loved and most hated team they have been for a long time.

we can argue about this all day but the fact is out side of dead bodies, hookers, and blow nothing will ever be pinned to Carolina or Duke.

There’s to much money to be had from both schools.

Drugs and alcohol? Smh. Well, if this is untrue which I believe it’s 90-95% it is then good luck coming back for the alumni game.
Yeah I don’t think he’ll be welcomed back to Chapel Hill anytime soon. That’s a pretty terrible bridge to burn.

That's absolutely hilarious how he did it though. He wins a social media fan vote as "favorite PG," and his response to it is to blast Roy. lol

Completely understandable if what’s been said is true. Random rants happen all the time. All time favorite definitely not but he’s been a good one from recent memory

we can argue about this all day but the fact is out side of dead bodies, hookers, and blow nothing will ever be pinned to Carolina or Duke.

There’s to much money to be had from both schools.
Absolutely. Especially right now. College basketball is at its lowest point of existence IMO. They need Duke, UNC, UK more than ever.

Absolutely. Especially right now. College basketball is at its lowest point of existence IMO. They need Duke, UNC, UK more than ever.

Absolutely, and with recruiting being log jammed at the top I think it’ll be just fine through this time and for the foreseeable future.

Just glanced at his Wikipedia page and I had no idea he had that many DUIs. If he needs help hopefully he's getting it.

I’m not saying this in a mean spirited way towards UNC at all, but Phil Ford is one of Carolina’s favorite sons and he has had a lot of trouble with alcohol over the years. If Lawson is having that many issues Phil Ford seems like he would be a great person to have in his corner.

I’m not saying this in a mean spirited way towards UNC at all, but Phil Ford is one of Carolina’s favorite sons and he has had a lot of trouble with alcohol over the years. If Lawson is having that many issues Phil Ford seems like he would be a great person to have in his corner.

There’s a lot of folks he could call if he needs it but this isn’t the way to say hey help me.

It’s certainly not a good way. I hope he gets whatever kind of help he needs if he needs it.

I’m all for helping people and helping them get help and if he needs it then thats one thing but going out and trashing someone because the world doesent give you what Carolina did is another.

Carolina spoils you. Life is cruel and mean and will beat you down. Hopefully he finds the tools to help him stand back up

I’m wondering if he feels like he’s been “blackballed” from the league (over his own issues) and he’s had NBA GMs tell him they’ve reached out to Roy for an opinion.... and it wasn’t good?

I’m wondering if he feels like he’s been “blackballed” from the league (over his own issues) and he’s had NBA GMs tell him they’ve reached out to Roy for an opinion.... and it wasn’t good?
I think that definitely makes sense.

I can absolutely see this being the case. While I’m here maybe Roy covered up some problems while he was there and decided not to anymore?

VN Store

Back