Freak, a request......

Not sure about the likes part but there used to be this one poster named ihatethebuckeyes who was absolutely hilarious.

Guy was always cracking jokes and you never knew when he was being serious.

To garner a ton of likes you have to post over and over and....also how many of those likes happened when two or three posters hi-jacked a thread and argued for three days over the color of a uniform for example? Likes mean very little in my eyes. But hey that’s just me.

Not sure if you have this capability, but I would love to see the top ten VN posts in terms of number of “likes” in the history of the board (excluding recruiting forum breaking news posts - no creative thought required on those). It would make for good quarantine entertainment and create 10 VN legends in the process. Thanks for all you do
Or pct. of likes to total posts.

BOP's performance during the "Boycott Athens" thread of 2013 was the stuff of legend. He deserves to be in conversation if we're talking about it on a thread by thread basis.

This is hilarious. I will tell people how stupid I think like buttons are because I guess on some level I think that. But then I go liking people's post all the time. And I'd be lying if I said that I didn't slightly enjoy getting likes on my own. I guess I'm a mild hypocrite then

I often give a "like' even though I don't really agree what is said. Just like the difference of opinion and seeing someone else's point of view. I feel this is why many posts seem to be ignored. Because a reader agrees but doesn't like the post's statement of fact and their is no way to express other than to post like post but don't agree. (as I do on occasion)

"unlike button" where is it!!!!!?
if serious or should have been blue font lol. But anyhow... hit like on my post then refresh and look at where the like button is and says unlike and you can hit it again and it makes you feel better :D. now freak could have an enhanced VN like that tracks it.... Another forum I belong to has the like button and thumbs down button and tracks both. Some people are/have very unpopular opinions with 3 likes and 4000 "thunbs down unlikes".

Reactions: Jax_Vol
if serious or should have been blue font lol. But anyhow... hit like on my post then refresh and look at where the like button is and says unlike and you can hit it again and it makes you feel better :D. now freak could have an enhanced VN like that tracks it.... Another forum I belong to has the like button and thumbs down button and tracks both. Some people are/have very unpopular opinions with 3 likes and 4000 "thunbs down unlikes".

Hell,, I thought that "unlike" just returned you to no action taken. Oh well I use the "dumbas-" feeling for myself frequently.:rolleyes:

Hell,, I thought that "unlike" just returned you to no action taken. Oh well I use the "dumbas-" feeling for myself frequently.:rolleyes:
Probably does but here's the bi polar part of me. I like this post so much I'm gonna LIKE it and (by default I have to )unlike it then like it 4 more times and say this post was sooooo goood I liked it 5X. If I dislike a post I like it just so I can then hit UNLIKE and it makes me feel better knowing I gave them an unlikeo_O.

I'm too lazy to use blue font.

Takes time away from eating Cheetos

Reactions: MAD
This is hilarious. I will tell people how stupid I think like buttons are because I guess on some level I think that. But then I go liking people's post all the time. And I'd be lying if I said that I didn't slightly enjoy getting likes on my own. I guess I'm a mild hypocrite then

But an honest one. More than makes up for a bit of hypocrisy.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Since we can5 seem to get SEC channel to show the VOLS, is there or could someone make available to, a library of UT games over the years? I would love to go to VN website and click on a link t9 some great VOLS wins in all sports. Thanks! BTW....I am going to LOL when we find out the poster with the most “likes” is a Bama, UGA, or Flawda troll.

It took me a while to learn about likes. But once I noticed that people were liking my posts, I felt like it wasn't cool if I didn't reciprocate. I've become pretty conscientious about it. I find it to be a nice shorthand way to agree or appreciate a post without having to post a reply.

Personally, I'm surprised how many likes I have. But I'm sure it would be a different story if we had a dislike option.

I often give a "like' even though I don't really agree what is said. Just like the difference of opinion and seeing someone else's point of view. I feel this is why many posts seem to be ignored. Because a reader agrees but doesn't like the post's statement of fact and their is no way to express other than to post like post but don't agree. (as I do on occasion)
Yeah I definitely appreciate differences in opinion when people post it in well reasoned ways

If you want to stir up some corono-virus "snow day" reading, just bump a bunch of D4H threads.. Just saying.

Reactions: tennrich1

VN Store

Back