Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a boomer say it's all the women's fault the toilet paper and food's gone.

Kept saying "it's because of all these crazy women"

It is interesting though that all of the videos I have seen showing people fighting over toilet paper and food have been only women. Every time. Of course, there could be videos out there of men fighting over tp and food and I haven't seem them, but I can only go by the videos I have seen.

And from what I have seen, women go bat shitt crazy when it comes to tp.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I really enjoy it. You need to be able to sit and watch it with no distractions.
Yes and sometimes rewatch episodes/parts or read up online to grasp or brush up on what all is happening. Remember, Jonathan Nolan is behind this. Expect some mindf***s.

Reactions: ATC_VOL

We can't let that happen here. It could get much worse if we don't have the equipment capacity to treat people in hospitals. No of course it's not the end of the world like some are declaring, but some of y'all probably aren't really understanding how major it is. Jmo

Not everyone needs hospital treatment for this though. Does everyone rush to the hospital when they get the flu? No. Unless you’re 65+ or immunocompromised, then you should stay home and get rest. Sadly the 24 hour news cycle has people running around like scared retards

Well, virtually all those cases are in an area with 10 million people. Also, the death toll has risen significantly every day, 627 died today up from 400 something that passed yesterday. There has been no sign of a slow down either. Hospitals are full and medical personnel is falling ill, which is already happening here.
So a whopping 0.001% of people in that area got infected 😂

Not everyone needs hospital treatment for this though. Does everyone rush to the hospital when they get the flu? No. Unless you’re 65+ or immunocompromised, then you should stay home and get rest. Sadly the 24 hour news cycle has people running around like scared retards

There's literally a shortage of equipment to help people survive... So you think they're putting people on ventilators (which are in very short supply) that don't actually need it and they really don't need more of them to help others. Ok.

Last edited:
I think we will be on the backside of this thing by then. Look at what has happened in the Far East and even Italy. If I am not mistaking, all of those places case numbers start to drop after three weeks or so. I think our third week is next week.
SK really did a quick turnaround and they did an extraordinary job of testing and epidemiological research to prevent spread...unlike us.

Italy is about 1 month in and cases are still growing. China peaked in about that time, but took 2 more weeks of tapering to get to lower levels.

I think it remains to be seen where we fall. We have certainly approached this more like China than SK. Hopefully the strong measures and quarantines pay dividends, but will take time and have to be maintained. One thing SK leaders stressed was not being complacent and it seems they listened and really have it at a very maintainable level.

So a whopping 0.001% of people in that area got infected 😂

Did I miss where new infections are finished there? Even if they were what does that number matter, they can't treat the numbers they are getting and neither can we. The infections go up in higher numbers everyday. They are at nearly 50k infections and at the rate it is spreading it will be near 60k tomorrow. That region had 7,000 new infections today after 4,000 new ones yesterday. The numbers grow exponentially everyday.

We are ahead of Italy in the curve. We already have more infections at the same point.

I liked the first season of Westworld second season lost me.
Ditto...I watched 3 episodes of season 2 and was like
giphy.gif

There's literally a shortage of equipment to help people survive... So you think they're putting people on ventilators (which are in very short supply) that don't actually need it and they really don't need more of them to help others. Ok.
If they show up at the hospital (specifically in the emergency room), the hospital has to treat them or they’ll have a lawsuit on their hands

My concern is this approach is very reactive and lacking epidemiological research.

We should, at a minimum, be telling those folks to reach out to others they have been in contact with recently and alert them they should also self quarantine.

SK went as far as getting all contacts tested, which grew the web of information for them, i.e. if 1 contact tested positive, but was asympotmatic, then they could also reach out to their web of recent contacts, and so on and so on and stop the spread. We are basically doing the opposite and only reacting once someone is seriously ill and may have spread it many iterations over.

Did I miss where new infections are finished there? Even if they were what does that number matter, they can't treat the numbers they are getting and neither can we. The infections go up in higher numbers everyday. They are at nearly 50k infections and at the rate it is spreading it will be near 60k tomorrow. That region had 7,000 new infections today after 4,000 new ones yesterday. The numbers grow exponentially everyday.

We are ahead of Italy in the curve. We already have more infections at the same point.
If people were dying at that rate then I would be concerned. Getting infected doesn’t matter unless you are old or have a pre-existing condition like asthma. It sucks and you feel sick but you’re not going to die. Old people should be the ones getting quarantined. It’s pathetic that people are losing jobs, stores are low on supplies, and the economy is tanking because of a virus that is doing about the same damage as the flu

Reactions: OrangenSC
man, i gotta say. i appreciate what you bring to the table. but your comments, even in jest are ridiculous. i have three wonderful kids, and its been an absolute pleasure to be their dad.

There are lots of people in this world who are trying and have tried for years. Take the responsibility, and roll with it. You have one opportunity, this is your legacy.
Kids are not worth it.

Reactions: Catbone
If people were dying at that rate then I would be concerned. Getting infected doesn’t matter unless you are old or have a pre-existing condition like asthma. It sucks and you feel sick but you’re not going to die. Old people should be the ones getting quarantined. It’s pathetic that people are losing jobs, stores are low on supplies, and the economy is tanking because of a virus that is doing about the same damage as the flu
It isn't about the death rate rn. It is about other things. It is about the death rate if the system is overloaded. It is also about long-term health (the story yesterday about possible long term lung damage). Lastly, it is about how worse things will get if everyone gets it immediately. Then you'll see a much worse economic crisis.

It will come sooner or later, better to manage it proactively. If we had from the start, maybe we could have avoided much of this. But we could be talking about a lot worse in 3 months if we don't take these steps now.

Kids are not worth it.
Since we're talking about curves a lot these days...I remember seeing a YT video about the affection/bond parents feel towards newborns and how it differs between men and women. The woman's graph started very high and tended to stay high. Men's started almost as high off the bat but immediately dropped to low levels for many months, maybe even a year or years. But it slowly crept up over time and reached near women levels after 3+ years.

We are wired differently, but realize your feelings will probably grow over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back