Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I wish they would articulate that rather than pretending that tests are readily available.
Doesn't matter anyway. It really doesn't and to hang your hat on testing is the key is not true.

It's out there, it was out there before we even knew what it was and according to the people at UCSF, it's going to be with us for quite a while, no matter whether we test, self-quarantine, shut down schools, etc.

He was the one on Fox News this morning touting

giphy.gif

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Probably best to not misplace a dash in “grammatically correct”.

Hyphens | Punctuation Rules

Rule 1. Generally, hyphenate two or more words when they come before a noun they modify and act as a single idea. This is called a compound adjective.
Examples:
an off-campus apartment
state-of-the-art design

When a compound adjective follows a noun, a hyphen is usually not necessary.
Example: The apartment is off campus.
However, some established compound adjectives are always hyphenated. Double-check with a dictionary or online.
Example: The design is state-of-the-art.

Rule 1. Generally, hyphenate two or more words when they come before a noun they modify and act as a single idea. This is called a compound adjective.
Examples:
an off-campus apartment
state-of-the-art design

However, some established compound adjectives are always hyphenated. Double-check with a dictionary or online.
F-off! :cool:

Examples:
an off-campus apartment
state-of-the-art design

Lol... I knew that’d start a debate/research.

I wish they would articulate that rather than pretending that tests are readily available.

They can't tell it straight, because Trump won't let them, I suppose. So, they say things like "test kits are now available in all 50 states.", knowing exactly what they are doing, with their technically true, but willfully misleading statements.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Did you even read that link from UCSF?

• What about testing to know if someone has COVID-19?
  • Bottom line, there is not enough testing capacity to be broadly useful. Here’s why.
  • Currently, there is no way to determine what a person has other than a PCR test. No other test can yet distinguish "COVID-19 from flu or from the other dozen respiratory bugs that are circulating”.
  • A Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test can detect COVID-19’s RNA. However they still don’t have confidence in the test’s specificity, ie they don’t know the rate of false negatives.
  • The PCR test requires kits with reagents and requires clinical labs to process the kits.
  • While the kits are becoming available, the lab capacity is not growing.
  • The leading clinical lab firms, Quest and Labcore have capacity to process 1000 kits per day. For the nation.
  • Expanding processing capacity takes “time, space, and equipment.” And certification. ie it won’t happen soon.
  • UCSF and UCBerkeley have donated their research labs to process kits. But each has capacity to process only 20-40 kits per day. And are not clinically certified.
Novel test methods are on the horizon, but not here now and won’t be at any scale to be useful for the present danger.

That's bullshat! All you have to do is go in and let them shove a q-tip in your mouth and stick it in the wingy-dingy-thinga-ma-gig and boom! A "+" means your good and a "-" means you're dead. Next....

Yeah, but you blame Trump for everything. It's a mental illness.

No one is blaming Trump for the virus, don't be silly. And he is not the one manufacturing or distributing the tests.

I think what has the non-Trump slurper world frustrated with him is the constant lying and minimization. Just yesterday, as Dr. Fauci was testifying to Congress that the testing problems have been a failure and unacceptable, Trump was telling reporters that the testing was going fine and bragging about it.

Its as much about his personality and the CONSTANT LYING as it is about specific action or inaction. Now, you may pass off his lying and braggadociousness as just sort of who he is. But it has real consequences when you are the president and you have slurpers who struggle to separate fact from fiction.

As I said elsewhere, this morning Fox was touting the "summer will kill it, so don't worry" theory. The numskull Doocy was claiming that, and I quote, "humidity is the key." What a freaking moron.

You should say heat and humidity may reduce it, or make it dormant, but we don't know. So for the time being do the things the professionals, who know what the F they are talking about, tell you to do. Every news outlet in the country should run a banner 24/7 that says,

"No matter what else you do, do not listen to Trump. And if you hear him speak, assume he is lying. Because he is."

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Lol... I knew that’d start a debate/research.

If I had said "his statement is grammatically correct," there would be no hyphen. But if I say "that was a grammatically-correct tweet"--ehich is what I did--"grammatically-correct" is a compound adjective and thus hyphenated.

If I had said "his statement is grammatically correct," there would be no hyphen. But if I say "that was a grammatically-correct tweet"--ehich is what I did--"grammatically-correct" is a compound adjective and thus hyphenated.
F-off!

You just can't let it go can you? Let's make a federal case out of it while you're at it, JFC.

yeah, man... I think you needed a comma in there. maybe too many, actually.

VN Store

Back