Teams pulling out of potential NCAA/NCAA cancelled (merged)

I listed to bits and pieces of the SEC commissioner? talking about canceling the SEC BB tournament (after started and all the KYfans already here) as well as the spring sports. Something I think he said struck me as odd. Something about receiving “stark” information which drove their decision. Did anyone else hear that? Was it ever explained who the SEC was actually talking to? Anyway March just got a whole lot sadder.

I think medical experts are expecting tens of thousands of cases. I don't know how they know that but that is what is being reported.

If everyone cools it for a month, maybe things will calm down...This is a bummer is so many ways....Feel bad for the top teams....

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Barnes should petition the ncaa for another year of eligabilty for his seniors, the coach at etsu is doing that
We only have Bowden and I doubt he wants to come back. On the women's side Harris and Brown and Brown already in like a sixth year. The team it would help is Oregon who has a few seniors who might want to come back.

I think medical experts are expecting tens of thousands of cases. I don't know how they know that but that is what is being reported.

That's extremely optimistic; but will be better than the 70% (over 200 million) cases that could have been if nothing was done. We may still see a number in the Millions.

strange how we have had thousands of people dying from the flu every year for years but nothing was ever cancelled before "to protect the people"

For the Thousandth time; This isn't the FLU! It is 10x more contagious and 10x more deadly! What will it take to open the eyes? I HOPE whatever that is; we escape.

If you think your life sux right now, just remember there are some people out there who bought Hotel, airline and cruise line stocks at their peak about 2 months ago!

Word to the wise, it's not a loss until you sell. Ride out the slump!

Reactions: JohnWardForever
For the Thousandth time; This isn't the FLU! It is 10x more contagious and 10x more deadly! What will it take to open the eyes? I HOPE whatever that is; we escape.

I'm not so sure it is 10X more deadly. The virus struck at risk patients at an elderly care center in Washington for 6 weeks before being detected. I think that skewed the numbers a lot.

I will say it is at least two to three times more deadly, maybe higher.

I'm not so sure it is 10X more deadly. The virus struck at risk patients at an elderly care center in Washington for 6 weeks before being detected. I think that skewed the numbers a lot.

I will say it is at least two to three times more deadly, maybe higher.

If it get's in the Lungs, Katie bar the door. The regular flu and pneumonia can be overcome. This is a Lung Specific Pathogen, and Patients drown in their mucous.

Yeah, but neither did UCONN.

I’m sorry, I stole this from Wilks - a Lady Vol Basketball site poster, but it is hilarious,

”Candace Parker curse stays intact... Uconn hasn't won a National Championship since geno snubbed her from The Olympic Team they're cursed.”

I know, I know, @T_Vol376, I’m being mean....but it IS funny. @gule made me do it!

I thought of the teams that won the conference and got a bid, all the seniors that never got to play in the tournament and the seniors on the top teams that never had won a championship.
Dang Mike that thought really make me sadddddd.

VN Store

Back