2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

One would think that if Moore-McNeil was the best performer (not saying the best player) on her team, then scouts coming to confirm what they saw from Darby during the summer would take notice of Moore-McNeil's performance...unless the level of competition was so subpar that her numbers become almost meaningless.
How many scouts do you think go to high school games. I can tell. It’s pretty much 0. As to level of competition. Yes. Single A is that BAD. Or can be.

Otherwise I would agree. It’s just a different world when you have the chance to play Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudds every other game in the summer

As I understand it, Coach Kellie personally went to watch Tess at practice, and apparently she was impressed enough to offer her a scholarship as soon as she was in a legal position to do so. Since that very day, several here have gone the extra mile to find something wrong with Tess Darby, even referring to the offer as a “desperate” move. In fact, a few posts up this scroll, she is again relegated to “a reliable role player.” This might work out to be the case, but I don’t think that Tess will come to Knoxville with that attitude, and I highly doubt that Coach Kellie has recruited her with that ceiling established.
Some of us who are so bent on athleticism will soon be shocked at what a well-coached, unselfish, disciplined, team-first group of basketball players can accomplish.
We didn’t like the Kellie selection, therefore she can hardly be forgiven for not signing the #1 one 2020 class. And, going forward every commitment will be a last ditch effort; and every missed signing - and most-specifically those “slow-footed” shooter types - couldn’t possibly be good enough ...even someone like Karoline Striplin, who was good enough for Oregon, is seen as a fill-in until someone better arrives. Incredible.

So true....There are some posters on here, unless the girl is of the quick twitch persuasion, they don't want them here.....These folks will never be satisfied...

Need to take away their computer privileges....
RemoteScalyGadwall-size_restricted.gif

Kellie's appointment did not scare off Jordan Horston, which is a good sign. Truthfully, Holly was able to con the very best blue chip players to play for Tennessee year after year in spite of her coaching failures. If that didn't scare them off, then I think Kellie will do just fine on the recruitment front.
Was it Holly or one of the other coaches that was discussed as being an awesome recruiter? CKH might need to look at hiring a recruiting coordinator.

Reactions: Chitownvol1129
Was it Holly or one of the other coaches that was discussed as being an awesome recruiter? CKH might need to look at hiring a recruiting coordinator.

It was Lacey Goldwire... I think she will be fine. She helped get Chelsea Dungee to come to Arkansas along with Amber Ramirez two potent scores.

Up for Miss basketball this year were McNeil, Darby, and Weathers. Weathers is probably one of the most recruited and will be one of the most recruited players from Tennessee. I realize she is a player in the 2022 class but why didn't she win. I don't know how they decide who wins. I do know that the stats for four years between Darby and McNeil are so close that it would be hard to distinguish one from the other. Darby has the most points scored and McNeil the most assists with rebounding being almost identical. The point being all three players are outstanding and all three will be very good players wherever they end up. JMO I think Darby is better than some players we have on scholarship now. I think she will be able to contribute as a freshman. I don't know how she will progress you never know how a player will develop only time will tell.

Up for Miss basketball this year were McNeil, Darby, and Weathers. Weathers is probably one of the most recruited and will be one of the most recruited players from Tennessee. I realize she is a player in the 2022 class but why didn't she win. I don't know how they decide who wins. I do know that the stats for four years between Darby and McNeil are so close that it would be hard to distinguish one from the other. Darby has the most points scored and McNeil the most assists with rebounding being almost identical. The point being all three players are outstanding and all three will be very good players wherever they end up. JMO I think Darby is better than some players we have on scholarship now. I think she will be able to contribute as a freshman. I don't know how she will progress you never know how a player will develop only time will tell.

McNeil is Greenfield point guard. She is going to have the ball and control the game ! It just goes with her position. She won the year before and most people watching the game might think she is the best athlete! But other positions that don’t necessarily show excitement during the game are just as important! An example: in football everyone is cheering for the running back to score a touchdown but everyone forgets about the blockers that allow him to score ! JMO

Weathers is a Sophomore and most awards go to seniors or juniors. JMO

The point being all three players are outstanding and all three will be very good players wherever they end up. JMO I think Darby is better than some players we have on scholarship now. I think she will be able to contribute as a freshman. I don't know how she will progress you never know how a player will develop only time will tell.

Darby and CMM look like very good mid-major prospects IMO, nothing more. I think fans expecting more than a "Kamera Harris" type impact from Darby will be disappointed. Y'all can say I "hate" her or whatever, but consider the possibility that maybe there is a reason no other SEC team wanted her. And Kellie has not yet earned the "if she wants her that's good enough for me" benefit of the doubt yet.

I do agree with you about Weathers though. She would be a great pickup in a couple of years...

McNeil is Greenfield point guard. She is going to have the ball and control the game ! It just goes with her position. She won the year before and most people watching the game might think she is the best athlete! But other positions that don’t necessarily show excitement during the game are just as important! An example: in football everyone is cheering for the running back to score a touchdown but everyone forgets about the blockers that allow him to score ! JMO

She wasn't the point guard this year Edie Darby was, but awards are often subjective Peyton Manning didn't win the Heismann but he turned out to be a better player than the guy that did. That is usually the case other players turn out better than the award winners. I certainly don't have any problem with McNeil winning she is an awesome player. People trying to belittle the others that didn't win is where I find a problem.

Darby and CMM look like very good mid-major prospects IMO, nothing more. I think fans expecting more than a "Kamera Harris" type impact from Darby will be disappointed. Y'all can say I "hate" her or whatever, but consider the possibility that maybe there is a reason no other SEC team wanted her. And Kellie has not yet earned the "if she wants her that's good enough for me" benefit of the doubt yet.

I do agree with you about Weathers though. She would be a great pickup in a couple of years...
You have a right to any opinion no problem from me. I disagree with your opinion that she want make an immediate contribution as a player as a freshman. I'm not expecting her to start or be a top player, but I think she will be able to come off the bench and put in 10 or more minutes without severely making the team worse which is the case with the bench now.
I think you might also be surprised to find out that her little sister Edie was evaluated by Prospect Nation and is one of the players under consideration for their 2022 list. They gave her fairly high marks with two areas where she needed to improve.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

I will keep my distance a little on this on because i know very little about Darby, But i will say this if Kellie try and load this team up with mid-major prospects we are toast. To be competitive or keep up with the best in SEC you will need to recruit the best.

I will keep my distance a little on this on because i know very little about Darby, But i will say this if Kellie try and load this team up with mid-major prospects we are toast. To be competitive or keep up with the best in SEC you will need to recruit the best.

I don't really hold this one against Kellie as I think she did her best given the circumstances to salvage this, her first real recruiting class. I was hoping she might could still get in with an elite player or two, but whatever. She was clearly behind the 8 ball. But she's officially on the clock now...

I don't really hold this one against Kellie as I think she did her best given the circumstances to salvage this, her first real recruiting class. I was hoping she might could still get in with an elite player or two, but whatever. She was clearly behind the 8 ball. But she's officially on the clock now...

I agree will need to make a big splash. Note some teams already are off to a fast start.

Wrong....get their positions right..

Everyone wants that top ten recruit! But you can ask Kentucky how they are doing with our Tennessee players since none of them are top 10 players! Just saying

It`s a one player show so stop it please stop it. Howard !

VN Store

Back