Amateur Hour Continues

Who runs the education systems? What party dominates in the teachers, professors and administration categories in our school systems ? I agree our school system has severely let us down , if only we could find a common denominator so we could address the problem .
Why would one party dominate in the teachers, professors, and administration categories?
I think that is a fantastic question with some very illuminating answers.
It seems like the best way to address the problem would be to have more from the non-dominate party enter those professions.
Curious dilemma....(not really)

Reactions: bnhunt
Actually, the education systems I was referring to are mostly at the local level and a large majority of those are run by your wonderful party, especially in the South.

LOL it must have changed dramatically since I went to school then . Mr. B ( Vietnam Vet) American History/ World history , Democrat , Mrs B ( English/ English literature ) Democrat , Ms. B ( Mrs Bs daughter ) My first encounter with what I know know as a progressive Liberal , gay , lived with her mom , taught Phycology/ Sociology/ Drama / in charge of the schools radio broadcast each day , Mr. B ( Economics) , gay , Democrat , Mr. W. ( wood shop) Democrat , Coach Kirk ( Civics ) honestly have no idea which way he voted , never impressed on us his political leanings and was one of the best teachers I’ve ever had . Coach L . ( algebra ) Democrat ...For sure . I have been surrounded by Democrats for most of my life , now as much as ever . I voted Democrat until my brain fully formed and my life slowed down to where I actually started thinking about different topics and politics in an objective , logical way . I no longer vote for the left .

Actually, the education systems I was referring to are mostly at the local level and a large majority of those are run by your wonderful party, especially in the South.
No child left behind act was bipartisan in a time when there was such a thing. I agree that it was up to each state to set their own standards.

Why would one party dominate in the teachers, professors, and administration categories?
It seems like the best way to address the problem would be to have more from the non-dominate party enter those professions.

those-who-can-do-those-who-cant-teach-and-those-who-can-do-neither-administer-quote-1.jpg

;)

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
LOL it must have changed dramatically since I went to school then . Mr. B ( Vietnam Vet) American History/ World history , Democrat , Mrs B ( English/ English literature ) Democrat , Ms. B ( Mrs Bs daughter ) My first encounter with what I know know as a progressive Liberal , gay , lived with her mom , taught Phycology/ Sociology/ Drama / in charge of the schools radio broadcast each day , Mr. B ( Economics) , gay , Democrat , Mr. W. ( wood shop) Democrat , Coach Kirk ( Civics ) honestly have no idea which way he voted , never impressed on us his political leanings and was one of the best teachers I’ve ever had . Coach L . ( algebra ) Democrat ...For sure . I have been surrounded by Democrats for most of my life , now as much as ever . I voted Democrat until my brain fully formed and my life slowed down to where I actually started thinking about different topics and politics in an objective , logical way . I no longer vote for the left .
I never thought about the political parties of my teachers in High School.

It should always be that way.

You just need more time, right? It will all become obvious... someday.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I have zero clue about any of my teachers ' politics when i was growing up. Not one idea whatsoever

I have zero clue about any of my teachers ' politics when i was growing up. Not one idea whatsoever

Those are the best kind of teachers . The only one and best one , I had no clue about either way was my civics teacher , which I find to be ironic . That would ( IMO ) be almost unheard of today .

It’s not a hard question. Liberals like to have their summers off.

It’s not a hard question. Liberals like to have their summers off.
Dig a little deeper.
There are some interesting and informative conclusions that can be drawn for those willing to think.

Edit: Don't you have a family member or two who teach? Why do they do it? Because they are in the "can't" do category?

Reactions: bnhunt

Hmmmm...and from an educator to boot.

I'm just curious about a member of the supremely intelligent education field not knowing the difference between dominate and dominant.
Teaching appeals to the type of person who cannot “do”. You don’t have to show results to be a teacher. It’s not a surprise that those people teach children those same “nobody should get ahead” values

I'm just curious about a member of the supremely intelligent education field not knowing the difference between dominate and dominant.
I wouldn't be overly curious about that.
Knowing the difference and typing the difference are two entirely different things and pretty inconsequential.
There are far more relevant issues deserving of curiosity.
It's always interesting to see who is distracted by trivialities.

Teaching appeals to the type of person who cannot “do”. You don’t have to show results to be a teacher. It’s not a surprise that those people teach children those same “nobody should get ahead” values
I'll add you to the list of people who believe this.
Some of you with family members who teach can either confirm or deny........or remain silent.

I wouldn't be overly curious about that.
Knowing the difference and typing the difference are two entirely different things and pretty inconsequential.
There are far more relevant issues deserving of curiosity.
It's always interesting to see who is distracted by trivialities.

I'm just a product of the American public school system that places most interest on trivialities.

Dig a little deeper.
There are some interesting and informative conclusions that can be drawn for those willing to think.

Edit: Don't you have a family member or two who teach? Why do they do it? Because they are in the "can't" do category?

Daughter and both sister in laws teach and all 3 say they got into to have summers off.

Thankfully dear daughter is looking to change careers.

VN Store

Back