Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya, i have been gone for 3 months and come down here and the wind is blowing 40 mph daily. i have really gotten into spear fishing with just snorkeling gear. lots of exercise and free food. I get the bottom of the boat painted yearly with that anti growth paint and the divers are going to come out and scrub the bottom. always something.
Well, like the old saying says, a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into.

I still enjoy them, though.

Reactions: tn88volfan
Ta ta for now folks. I got moved onto one of those new trendy open floors so everyone can see everything I do.

tenor.gif
Just gotta become an alt-tab master.

Reactions: WarMachine
You named 2 NBA players from Pearls tenure and one was a longtime backup. Lol. Calipari has also won a natty and been to 6 final fours lol. So It’s not like he’s not doing anything with those players. 7 lottery picks and basically nothing to show for it is a lot dude.

Is who got to the NCAA tournament the fastest really your argument? Not who has done better in the post season? Lol
Let's not forget that two of Cal's final fours have been vacated.

So,, the people on that cruise ship in the background of my boat are infected with coronavirus. just gonna fill my bathtub full of germ x and chill until its over 🤷‍♂️View attachment 265368

Where is this? I live on Biscayne Bay in Miami Beach and I've been wondering if one of the ships out of the Port of Miami was the "infected" ship.

A&M beating Auburn the game before on their home court really changed the dynamic of the game Saturday I think. Pearl's a great coach who can motivate.

I just think the majority of us fans are tired of hearing about Pearl from the other "fans" of UT. Like us admitting he's a great coach or agreeing we wish he was still here changes something or matters. I would have loved for Pearl to just kept on coaching the good guys, but -HE- messed that up. No one else's fault but his own. I don't hate the guy or anything, but the trolls or super Pearl bandwagon fans that seem to be so quick to compare all our other coaches to him or to trash any of our coaches that lose to Auburn...I guess I don't get that mindset. Either you're all Vol or you ain't. Any coach playing against us I want to see lose and lose badly, because they aren't OUR COACH.

I don't care who it is, don't care if the majority of people think that coach is the superior coach to Barnes. I want the BasketVOLs to have success period. Barnes is our Head Coach now, he's won us 2 regular season SEC Titles and gave us our first SECT Championship appearance in 3 decades. We're lucky he's here, Martin and Donnie were both trash and had Barnes left for UCLA who would we have hired? Pearl wasn't/isn't coming back even if UT offered him a pay raise. He likes to operate in the grey area, at Auburn he's got more freedom to do that than he'll ever have at UT.

I feel like Barnes is a much better developer of skill and character. I also think he could possibly win a championship here. Never felt that way with Pearl.

His style of play usually catches up at some point in the tournament with foul trouble or going cold from 3....hard to maintain that for 6 games.

Us going on a long winning streak like last year tells me that we could win the tournament with the right roster. Defense and post play always travel.

SP+ thinks we’ll have a better defense this year than Alabama. SP+ is usually less favorable toward us than FPI. In fact this year, according to SP+, in regards to our schedule, only Florida and Georgia are expected to have better defenses. On the other side of the ball SP+ thinks there are 7 teams on our schedule with at least a marginally better offense. Our offense is expected to be better than Furman, Missouri, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt. Charlotte, Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia, and Troy are all expected to have somewhat better offenses that us. Obviously we expect our defense to win against Charlotte, Kentucky, and Troy but we need a much better offense of our own if we’re going to compete with Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. I hate to admit this before practice even starts but I'm really hoping Bailey is able to significantly distance himself from the other QBs and take the job outright. jmo.

ScreenHunter 328.png

Short answer is yes. 247 uses a "proprietary algorithm" to compile prospect rankings/ratings. I think the RSCI is a bit more straight forward taking the 4 major services rankings and averaging a player against those.

I shared the RSCI because sports-reference adds the information to team rosters, and the RSCI rating is unmodified once the Final list is put out.
Just curious who the 4th service is. Not as familiar with basketball recruiting.

SP+ thinks we’ll have a better defense this year than Alabama. SP+ is usually less favorable toward us than FPI. In fact this year, according to SP+, in regards to our schedule, only Florida and Georgia are expected to have better defenses. On the other side of the ball SP+ thinks there are 7 teams on our schedule with at least a marginally better offense. Our offense is expected to be better than Furman, Missouri, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt. Charlotte, Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia, and Troy are all expected to have somewhat better offenses that us. Obviously we expect our defense to win against Charlotte, Kentucky, and Troy but we need a much better offense of our own if we’re going to compete with Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. I hate to admit this before practice even starts but I'm really hoping Bailey is able to significantly distance himself from the other QBs and take the job outright. jmo.

View attachment 265384
Closer spread to UK and USCe than UF and UGA. Kind of my concern...we may have not increased the gap from the middle of the East as much as we'd like and not close enough to the top (uga). But hopefully this team can end that.

Just curious who the 4th service is. Not as familiar with basketball recruiting.

Van Coleman who does the ratings for multiple websites is the 4th service/expert, the other 3 are Rivals, ESPN, 247Sports of course. It's honestly not much different than 247 composite, I just prefer RSCI because their rating isn't a complicated formula and it's the ratings sports-reference uses.

Reactions: Devo182

View attachment 265384
Statistically excellent work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back