Will The Men's SEC Tournament Be Moved?

sport3500

I know that this question is a little early but will the SEC Tournament be moved because of the tornado?

Isn't there a lot of damage in the downtown area? A lot of visitors will have to navigate around a bunch of clean up, debris, etc. The DC news has reported a lot of "downtown" damage to buildings, etc.

Isn't there a lot of damage in the downtown area? A lot of visitors will have to navigate around a bunch of clean up, debris, etc. The DC news has reported a lot of "downtown" damage to buildings, etc.
I believe from what I am hearing and seeing is the damage is east downtown Nashville....
Not the area of Bridgestone Arena and the downtown strip everyone walks around at...
Prayer are with all the families affected and all of Nashville.,...

The storm this morning did not come through that area and the arena is ok.Historic Germantown area in north nashville where the nashville sounds baseball park is sustained major damage,but will not affect the games,I hope!

They are currently using arena as an area for people with storm damage to come to, so arena is fine. Main downtown stretch just had power outages.

The damage is mostly in East Nashville and east of there out to Wilson County and beyond. I was downtown today and it was okay. It seemed to have skipped over downtown and hit mostly east of the river.

Area businesses need the revenue. For example: The last thing you want is the hot dog vendor who lost his house to lose an opportunity to make money.

Residents need a distraction, even if it is just for a few days.

Helps people get back into their normal routines and distance themselves from Crisis Mode and the mental scars of the devastation.

A city capable of putting together the best and most attended NFL draft celebration ever, by far, has more than enough capacity to muster up emergency repairs and initiate contingency planning!

No, the damage area is to north and east of the arena.

The better question might be will be it played with no fans ?

With the virus being found in Williamson county I guess anything is possible

Augusta National e-mailed a memo yesterday indicating that they're closely monitoring the virus situation and working with the CDC, WHO, and GA Public Health. No big changes planned right now. There are always a lot of Asian tourists on the course.

Augusta National e-mailed a memo yesterday indicating that they're closely monitoring the virus situation and working with the CDC, WHO, and GA Public Health. No big changes planned right now. There are always a lot of Asian tourists on the course.

Maybe I should hit the net and try to buy those tourist passes. An opportunist I am

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Living in East Nashville myself, I don't see many problems with holding the tournament here in Nashville other than hotel rooms being in short supply and traffic being worse due to road closures. However, those roads may be open in affected areas by next Wednesday and access to downtown is fine even now.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

VN Store

Back