Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family is good. Long day though. We woke up just in time to get our girls and get to the closet. We heard the rumble of the tornado and felt the low pressure but no damage at our house. Right over the hill from us is sheer and utter devastation...literally just hundreds of feet away. A couple at our church were two of the ones that died here in MJ. Our church has substantial damage as well. It’s just so close to home, literally and figuratively.

No time to reflect right now though. I’ll probably break down once I have time to breathe.

Y’all pray for everyone affected and for the ability of crews and people to continue the cleanup. I left the house shortly after it went by to administer Public Works efforts and just got home a little while ago. Gonna be a long day tomorrow and a long time of continued cleanup after that. Putting our heads down and working hard.

And just to prove that we’re the volunteer state, we had assistance from virtually every other Public Works agency around us. Without them, there’s no way we could’ve done what we’ve done so far. Through the devastation and heartache, that’s the silver lining.
Glad you are ok...you had the same experience we did in Alabama during the tornado swarm in 2011. We had no damage but just a few hundred feet over got obliterated. That particular tornado ended up hitting Rainsville and Sylvania and killing 30+ people.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
How good this team could be next yr.... fulky and pons another offseason to develop. Josiah coming into his game. Vescovi in a strength program. Then add the new kids and Bailey
It is like Barnes actually knows how to develop a team...wow...imagine that.. 🤔

I mean who woulda thought he remembered how to develop a team over time without the real coaching talent Lanier to lean on? 🤭

Like I have said all season..you piss and moan Barnes-bashers are idiots. This team was always going to struggle, especially after Turner went down, but they are slowly learning how to play with each other as a team...and the effort is always there.

The program is only going to get better over the next year when the reinforcements start arriving and they continue to gel. I don't think they beat Awbarn, and I don't think they get in the Dance...and I am ok with that...this year.

My family is good. Long day though. We woke up just in time to get our girls and get to the closet. We heard the rumble of the tornado and felt the low pressure but no damage at our house. Right over the hill from us is sheer and utter devastation...literally just hundreds of feet away. A couple at our church were two of the ones that died here in MJ. Our church has substantial damage as well. It’s just so close to home, literally and figuratively.

No time to reflect right now though. I’ll probably break down once I have time to breathe.

Y’all pray for everyone affected and for the ability of crews and people to continue the cleanup. I left the house shortly after it went by to administer Public Works efforts and just got home a little while ago. Gonna be a long day tomorrow and a long time of continued cleanup after that. Putting our heads down and working hard.

And just to prove that we’re the volunteer state, we had assistance from virtually every other Public Works agency around us. Without them, there’s no way we could’ve done what we’ve done so far. Through the devastation and heartache, that’s the silver lining.
Thank God you're OK. Angels were looking after you and your family.

I turned it on at halftime, and after watching us promptly fall behind by 16, I switched over to another game and played a game on my phone. I looked and we were down 11 and then checked my phone again and we were down five and I thought, nah, we won't win, but at least we didn't roll over. The next time I looked, we were up 3, and then up 6 and I about pooped my britches. I finally had faith enough to turn it back on with less than a minute left. It was glorious seeing all the empty seats as the UK downtrodden made their way dejectedly out of Rupp.

I have been to Dachau in Munich. Chilling. You dont leave the same. Hitler is the modern day Devil

Been there myself. Can confirm. I've never before or since felt every bit of happiness leave my body like I did there.

I've mentioned in here before that my mum is 100% blind. We visited Dachau when I was in high school.

My brother and I knew our family history and the gravity of where we were standing but not what to expect (none of our relatives were in Dachau. One we know was an Auschwitz). So we were on our best behavior and didn't say a thing as we walked from the parking lot.

My mum had no way of telling where we were in relation to the actual camp as we walked up.
But literally the second we were crossing underneath the gate arch, she burst into tears.

It is the most chilling thing I've ever witnessed She could feel the immediate heaviness in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back