Are all Middle TN posters okay?

I live in Spartanburg and this brings back the most fearful memories for me. Gosh I am seriously praying for you guys.

Reactions: volguy27
Some of these are from Facebook. They are of the Kroger on Hermitage and then some I took from the Kroger near the farmers market in Nashville.

We were at the Kroger on Rosa Parks today trying to get it back up and running to serve the needs of the community.. Hopefully we will have it up and running tomorrow morning.

The one in Hermitage is a loss and will require a whole new remodel.

My house in Bellevue was not touched in any way. It skipped us. My mom loves in Baxter. It missed her by about 5 miles..

Nine dead at last report. East Nashville & east to Cookeville bore the brunt, I believe. Here in west Nashville this F-3 tornado passed north. Scary stuff. Thanks for the concern.

I read 22. It hit Donaldson Christian hard.

Someone in Smith County posted a picture of the after care signout sheet from DCA. Its the real signout sheet I sign daily. That has got to be 40 miles for that piece of paper to have flown. That is amazing to me.

being at night I guess it saved alot of lives - cringe to think if school was in session
It saved a bunch of kids at school, mine included, but the people in Cookeville probably slept through it and is probably why that area took such a hard hit.

Reactions: 508mikey
Drove from Kingsport to Cookeville this morning for a business meeting, listening to podcasts until about 30 miles out. Was completely unaware of the tornado until I turned on the radio and heard that Putnam County had been hit hard. Drove to our office here on S Washington Ave and learned that the tornado damage ended just 3-4 blocks away. On the way back from dinner downtown about 2 hours ago, I found a barely damaged photo of a newlywed couple. Sobering to not know what happened to them but want to see if I can return it somehow.

It saved a bunch of kids at school, mine included, but the people in Cookeville probably slept through it and is probably why that area took such a hard hit.

I live in one of the neighborhoods that got the most hit and was on the scene at several homes within 10 mins. In most cases all that was left was foundations then the house spread all over the place. It was the kind of stuff you think you’re only going to see in the movies.

All good in Gallatin. Woke up about 3 this morning with calls and texts checking in on us. Prayers up for those not as fortunate as me and mine. Can’t begin to imagine what they’re facing now.

The storm came directly over us in Charlotte/Dickson area but I don't believe the tornado had actually spun up yet, the hail was massive and smashed up the roof of my house, the barns and vehicles, never heard anything like it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_002249.jpg
    IMG_20200303_002249.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
The path of damage in Nashville was very isolated. I drove into downtown from Green Hills on Belmont yesterday and saw nothing. My office is about four blocks from Germantown and I saw nothing in the immediate vicinity of work although I did not attempt to walk or drive into Germantown. We have a cousin who lives in a multilevel condo building about half a block down and across Woodland Street from the Basement East (one of the buildings that has been shown repeatedly as indicative of damage in East Nashville, where the wall with the I Believe Nashville mural is painted) and her building is fine. These storms can be very fickle. I saw something like this in 1989 when a tornado hit Brentwood on Christmas Eve and houses on either side of my family home were leveled to rubble and my parents had relatively minimal damage.

VN Store

Back