Are all Middle TN posters okay?

bamawriter

Maybe this should get moved, but I was hoping for a kind of check-in thread to make sure all posters in and around Nashville are okay after the tornado. I live South of town and had nothing but heavy wind and rain. But the images coming out of Germantown and Five Points are terrible.

Please let us know if you're in need of anything.

Maybe this should get moved, but I was hoping for a kind of check-in thread to make sure all posters in and around Nashville are okay after the tornado. I live South of town and had nothing but heavy wind and rain. But the images coming out of Germantown and Five Points are terrible.

Please let us know if you're in need of anything.
Nine dead at last report. East Nashville & east to Cookeville bore the brunt, I believe. Here in west Nashville this F-3 tornado passed north. Scary stuff. Thanks for the concern.

We live in Murfreesboro and don't have damage, but my nephew lives in Mt. Juliet and his house was hit hard. All are ok, as the kids heard the sirens and woke up mom and dad and all got to a safe room. Prayers are appreciated, as I am so grateful they are ok..

tornado damage.jpg

We live in Murfreesboro and don't have damage, but my nephew lives in Mt. Juliet and his house was hit hard. All are ok, as the kids heard the sirens and woke up mom and dad and all got to a safe room. Prayers are appreciated, as I am so grateful they are ok..

View attachment 264345

Whoa. That's scary. Really glad everyone's okay.

I am and all my friends/family are too. My place of work...not so much. Most of the campus completely demolished. i'm currently on the longest conference call in history discussing our disaster plan and getting the servers back up and running.

29775.jpgdownload_20200303_073017.jpg

Went through Mt Juliet around 1 AM. Phone went off and work me up. Got my kids and wife crammed into the bathroom closet. Found out me and the dogs are on our own now. Didn't hit us but houses about a mile to the north got hit hard.

We're fine. Ended up being about 8 miles north of the track of the one that hit Mt Juliet and Lebanon.

My bride of 32 years and I were walking around the yard this morning at about 6 am picking up bits of styrofoam, insulation, shingles, and other construction materials deposited at 5-foot intervals across the lawn. Literally thousands of scraps of what used to be homes and businesses. Very few pieces bigger than your hand, all ground up in the violent winds before being rained back down. It felt almost like we were standing a vigil for some poor folks we've never met. I'm sure the tornado that hit East Nashville and Hermitage is the one that carried the litter that ended up on our grass ... the tornado that hit nearer us was on a track too far south to have dumped debris where we live.

Heart goes out to all those families and business owners and workers who are in a tough way today.

Have several family members that live in the Nashville area and are ok....One said it went about a mile from him in the Donelson area.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back