Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
was a foul called? nope....refs let it go...you went all the way back to the 80's?

That wasn't a flop and actually took contact, like you pointed out no foul called. He played through it until the end. He walked behind the goal after the basket in pain. Lol what a dumb video.

Little Bill: "You just shot an unarmed man!"

Clint: "He should've armed himself if he was gonna decorate his saloon with my friend."

1583279918669.png

And before he rides off in the rain, warning the town, "Better not cut up nor otherwise harm no whores, or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons of bitches."

Interesting that as he says that in the dark rainy night, there's an American flag lit behind him. It seems so purposely placed and lit that it just screams Message! but make what you will of what exactly that message is.

Fwiw, the flag is also prominently behind Little Bill when he kicks the crap out of English Bob and issues a warning against any other "villains" coming to his town looking to earn that bounty money:

1583280942027.png

LBJ is only 35 in his 17th or 18th season.

I think people should keep in mind the sheer volume of games LBJ has played, he's a great. And one of the best of this era. But at 1254 games played very few greats have played more games than LBJ and he could potentially play another 3-4 years.

Jordan - 1072 (39 in last season, missed 4 seasons playing baseball)
Kobe - 1346 (37 in last season)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 1560 (41 in last season)
Karl Malone - 1476 (40 in last season)
Shaq - 1207 (38 in last season)
Bird - 897 (35 in last season)
Magic - 906 (36 in last season, missed 4 seasons with HIV)

To me that's why I've always been so amazed by Jordan's career rankings since his volume of games is so low compared to others ahead of him.

Here's a crazy stat, Minutes played. Despite being in the 30s ranking for games played guess where LBJ lands in career minutes? 9th. More than Kobe, Shaq, Jordan... I just think ya gotta take into account the sheer volume of playing time Lebron has compared to other "GOATs" when looking at his career numbers. Not that he isn't great, but he's played just 9,256 less minutes in his career than Jabbar who played 306 more games than Lebron.
One thing that most people forget about MJ is that the NBA put him in exile for gambling. That's why he tried his hand at baseball. Dude had, and still probably does, have a gambling problem. Think Pete Rose.

My cousin lost everything. She hid in a closet. Put her feet against the wall and her back against door. Said entire house was moving. When it passed she opened the door and most her house was gone. Wide open space.

Just heard from good friend. I’ve been calling him all day. His family is good. Two houses down flattened.

I was so glad to see his name on my phone

My cousin lost everything. She hid in a closet. Put her feet against the wall and her back against door. Said entire house was moving. When it passed she opened the door and most her house was gone. Wide open space.

Just heard from good friend. I’ve been calling him all day. His family is good. Two houses down flattened.

Just terrible. Sorry to hear that.

Houses can be rebuilt. Glad they're both ok

@Brillovol you ok? Just saw video of Mt. Juliet on Weather Channel.
My family is good. Long day though. We woke up just in time to get our girls and get to the closet. We heard the rumble of the tornado and felt the low pressure but no damage at our house. Right over the hill from us is sheer and utter devastation...literally just hundreds of feet away. A couple at our church were two of the ones that died here in MJ. Our church has substantial damage as well. It’s just so close to home, literally and figuratively.

No time to reflect right now though. I’ll probably break down once I have time to breathe.

Y’all pray for everyone affected and for the ability of crews and people to continue the cleanup. I left the house shortly after it went by to administer Public Works efforts and just got home a little while ago. Gonna be a long day tomorrow and a long time of continued cleanup after that. Putting our heads down and working hard.

And just to prove that we’re the volunteer state, we had assistance from virtually every other Public Works agency around us. Without them, there’s no way we could’ve done what we’ve done so far. Through the devastation and heartache, that’s the silver lining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back