Tennessee DL Darel Middleton was arrested this morning on two charges.

LMAO now I have heard it all. Ray Rice's wife had it coming.

People who read selectively and mono-optically see only what they want to see. They ignore all else for this sole objective. Such a pity.

People who read selectively and mono-optically see only what they want to see. They ignore all else for this sole objective. Such a pity.

Even though you did everything but come out and defend Ray Rice thereby implying that his wife had it coming.
You do realize the NFL covered up the inside the elevator footage and the only way it became public was through a lawsuit. Ray initially got a 2 game suspension.

You are not woke enough to realize that Tennessee is the only place that he can get a 2nd chance. Don't fret the "you don't know what you are talking about" crowd will be along soon.
You’re what happens when lack of perception meets failure of humor. 😴 If the allegations are true, he should be gone imo. Difference between PHYSICALLY assaulting a female and talking mean to her...perspective.

You’re what happens when lack of perception meets failure of humor. 😴 If the allegations are true, he should be gone imo. Difference between PHYSICALLY assaulting a female and talking mean to her...perspective.

I'm not sure if you realize that I agree with your take on DM

Reactions: sechamp2012
Oh, yes. Let’s please placate the intersectionality crowd on a football message board. 🙄
I just figured we might as well cover the entire spectrum of possibilities as long as we're postulating "on a football message board".
At least until the facts are in.

Even though you did everything but come out and defend Ray Rice thereby implying that his wife had it coming.
You do realize the NFL covered up the inside the elevator footage and the only way it became public was through a lawsuit. Ray initially got a 2 game suspension.

Selective readers will see what they want to see. If paid attention, my post was about men needing to be aware of the double standard when it comes to assault. That alone I suggested should be reason enough for them to not commit violence on women. I stated as an example the fact she hit him first but nothing is ever said about it. Now, if you want to mythologize in me defending Ray, go ahead. Selective readers are going to selective read. And they often will try to pull people to another direction than where they are going so the actual message gets lost in lying detours. Do what you wish, I'm done with you.

I'm not sure if you realize that I agree with your take on DM
No I assumed that part. You’re taking shots at those who advocate second chances for Bryce Thompson and Jeremy Banks...which also includes me.

Reactions: Behr
Selective readers will see what they want to see. If paid attention, my post was about men needing to be aware of the double standard when it comes to assault. That alone I suggested should be reason enough for them to not commit violence on women. I stated as an example the fact she hit him first but nothing is ever said about it. Now, if you want to mythologize in me defending Ray, go ahead. Selective readers are going to selective read. And they often will try to pull people to another direction than where they are going so the actual message gets lost in lying detours. Do what you wish, I'm done with you.

Buh bye

No I assumed that part. You’re taking shots at those who advocate second chances for Bryce Thompson and Jeremy Banks...which also includes me.

I thought Thompson and Banks both deserve 2nd chances. Banks deserves a chance at another school

Only a fifth? That’s for lightweights lol. Have you not stopped for a moment to “breathe” and think maybe there’s more to the story? I’m not going to give a definitive opinion without knowing what the ruling is from the legal process. Innocent until proven guilty. What if he had “allegedly” murdered someone? I’m not going to say he actually did it. I’m going to give my opinion on what I would if he actually did it and qualify it with the word “if”.

Gave you a like for being a good sport about it with your response.

Reactions: VolPack22
I kinda was holding my breath with this kid .. given his past .. I'm pretty sure I remember some aggressive behaviour from high school .. not against a female .. just some anger physicality issues ... we will see the facts. And if they are true and against a female it's a very tough call whether you give this kid a chance .. I might lean to thinking he may have been on short leash anyway .. I think still some facts to come out ..

He was publicly intoxicated at 2am in the middle of a fight and shoved his girlfriend to the ground twice. My hope is that there isn't video of the incident. But even if not I can say let the kid go to one of our biggest rivals and wish him luck.

Like I said, I want the full facts and Pruitt and Phil will make the appropriate call.

Reactions: OrangenSC and Remy
Never shoved a female, but back in the day we had a place on the strip called the brewery if memory serves. One late night me and a couple of buddies were well lubricated and noticed a pretty gal who I thought was with girlfriends. Didn't know her date was in the john. He came out and took offense and we got into it. They had a bouncer named "tiny". Big son of a butch. Took us both outside with little resistance. You didn't cross tiny. Cops were always hanging around the area on weekends because flare ups were pretty common. Cop told us to call it a night and head home. Didn't give lip. Just went back to the dorm. No muss, no arrests, life went on. When did a fight turn into such a big deal?

Pruitt and Fulmer will get all the true facts and then decide what needs to be done.

I'll trust them to make the right decisions.

For now most is opinions and speculations which is meaningless.

It's sad that this happened but hopefully all college kids will learn from this and make better decisions....I can hope.

Better days are still ahead so I'll focus on those good things.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: OrangenSC

Oh, child I'm not putting you on ignore, I'm refusing to "raydar" your 'riceism. any further. Meanwhile:

There will be peace in the valley, some day
There will be peace in the valley
There'll be no sadness, no sorrow
No trouble, trouble I see
There will be peace in the valley, some day

Yes, modified, selectively.

And being kicked off a team ensures another chance for them somewhere else. Are you saying this could would not get a chance anywhere else? Please
And you are still proposing a punishment that doesn't appear to fit the crime in this instance. If he'd put the guy in the hospital or sexually assaulted the girl then you take it to that level. The report seems to be little more than a scuffle. Was anyone injured or treated?

Lol. And the rampant problem continues. No thanks.
What "rampant problem"? I follow the team pretty close and have not seen another incident involving him.

And how many chances did this guy have from 9th grade on?
Don't know. Do you?

Stop acting like you gaf about him and be honest enough to say that he is a pivotal part to this team so let's have him lay on the couch and talk to someone about his problems and get him ready for spring practice.
He's a good player. "Pivotal"? I don't think so. UT has reasonable depth at the position and has done fine with a lot less depth.

I'm pretty consistent on incidents like this. Punish him. Give him another shot. If he screws up then let him go. But no, I don't favor the death penalty for shoplifting... and I don't favor throwing a kid off the team for something like this unless there's a LOT more to it than what we know.

What "rampant problem"? I follow the team pretty close and have not seen another incident involving him.

Don't know. Do you?

He's a good player. "Pivotal"? I don't think so. UT has reasonable depth at the position and has done fine with a lot less depth.

I'm pretty consistent on incidents like this. Punish him. Give him another shot. If he screws up then let him go. But no, I don't favor the death penalty for shoplifting... and I don't favor throwing a kid off the team for something like this unless there's a LOT more to it than what we know.

So if a athlete is forced to go to another school that is equal to the death penalty? And that's where you and I differ. If the story is true and he shoved her to the ground twice then find another school.
How many times did we hear about this kid being a problem in high school?

VN Store

Back