Tennessee DL Darel Middleton was arrested this morning on two charges.

So for those saying he should be "gone"... are you that strict in every other life situation? Do we need to throw the book at every college student who gets in a drunken fight? We're probably looking at about 50% of all college males and a not insignificant number of females.

Reactions: hmhawk and tnvols72
If that was not your intention my apologies. But it was definitely implied
That's a stretch. But if you want an argument, the dress was white and gold. Pineapple goes on pizza.

So for those saying he should be "gone"... are you that strict in every other life situation? Do we need to throw the book at every college student who gets in a drunken fight? We're probably looking at about 50% of all college males and a not insignificant number of females.

If we did do you think it would reduce the frequency of occurrences?

If we did do you think it would reduce the frequency of occurrences?
Not unless there was suddenly a religious revival that resulted in college kids no longer drinking and partying. That would be a great thing... but until it happens we're stuck with dealing with human frailties and failures.

Not unless there was suddenly a religious revival that resulted in college kids no longer drinking and partying. That would be a great thing... but until it happens we're stuck with dealing with human frailties and failures.

How is it possible to know "not unless" if you continue to give chances with no consequences? I'm consistent in that this should start with their middle school coaches and continue grim there.

You can depend on one thing in this situation, the so called journalists will make it headline news before he can get out on bail. Big news story, spare me.

Just a thought but if your wife, girlfriend, daughter got pushed down by a super huge drunk dude, you would be okay with it?

I would at least want to learn the circumstances before I made a decision that might alter the course of his life forever. I think we all would.

Reactions: hmhawk
You can depend on one thing in this situation, the so called journalists will make it headline news before he can get out on bail. Big news story, spare me.

Didn't the post earlier state there was no bail and that he would be released at 3:00 pm?

Public intoxication and domestic assault... If I’m Pruitt I ask him to tell me straight up if this is true or not. If it’s true then he’s gone. We need guys that are dedicated to winning and this does not help us win. Have to make an example out of someone and we want guys that aren’t going to compromise our mission.

Well it's good you are not Coach Pruitt. Middleton is 23, as far as I understand he can drink if he wants to. Do you drink? Should he be publically intoxicated? No. He is in college though.

As far as simple assault, all we know is he pushes his girlfriend....whoopity do. He did get into a fight with a guy ...probably a friend she hangs around.

I agree with the earlier idea about O&W suspension, running, anger management and community service. Heck I'm angry some of you go off the deep end without enough facts.

Just a thought but if your wife, girlfriend, daughter got pushed down by a super huge drunk dude, you would be okay with it?

I would expect 4 things to happen.

Suspension - maybe sitting out the Spring Game
Punishment - stadium steps, wind sprints, etc
Rehabilitation - completion of a substance abuse/anger/conflict management class and X number of hours community service
Contrition - an actual human to human apology.

Don’t know if he is guilty or innocent because I do not know all the facts. My question is at what age does a “Kid” become an adult? I believe he is 23 years old. I will go ahead and give my opinion.....23 is not a kid anymore.

Physically, perhaps; but maturity is a whole different thing. There's a whole lot of unaccumulated wisdom at 24, and a lot of unchecked testosterone. It's a rare bird who isn't smarter at 42 than 24.

Reactions: ALLVOL24/7/365
How is it possible to know "not unless" if you continue to give chances with no consequences? I'm consistent in that this should start with their middle school coaches and continue grim there.
Who said anything about chances with no consequences? Some however seem to think anything less than kicking a kid off the team equates to "no consequences". I don't think it is being too lenient to prescribe a lesser punishment with counseling unless a kid is a repeat offender.

Sara,, herein lies the problem. Many, many of these guys have never had to behave. They don't know how.

Perhaps it's no surprise they don't know how to behave. When you look at how "pillars of society" conduct themselves these, the example portrayed is to not behave. Everything from blatant lies, openly sexting, meth selling, assaulting elementary and middle school kids by our politicians, police, teachers school bus drivers, classroom educators, adults using opioids while driving with their kids including infants, and more communications be your worse instead of your best. Stupidity on all levels seems to be the order of the day. You'd think social media would reign it in a but. I mean cameras everywhere, stuff posted during and shortly after behaviors and such. But nope, stupidity reigns.

Reactions: vols40
Didn't the post earlier state there was no bail and that he would be released at 3:00 pm?
My point was its a private matter, not a front page story. I would rather hear about these issues 4 weeks down the road in a coaches press release than from a news story By some reporter with a police scanner.

Reactions: hmhawk

VN Store

Back