Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up, if you're in the market and just want a good solid value level TV.

TCL has built in Roku...not sure why the big boys (LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, etc.) didn't go that route. Some use their own OS (stupid) some use the Google Chromecast garbage.
I have a TCL Roku TV and I am thinking about buying a new Roku because it is molasses slow. Drives me crazy. Sometimes the red light on the front of the TV will blink when I'm pressing the volume button, but nothing changes...

I'm pretty sure they dump OLD roku hardware in a TV and sell it for a markup. Get rid of the old crap and still make a profit.

Shoot, we barely start a show unless we have the whole season. Binge-watching is the only way you can keep my attention
that would probably be us as well. but hell, we never have time to do that. we might get thru 2 episodes of a show in a given night. 3 if it's on the weekends lol.

though, i will say, when i travel, i can burn thru a show pretty quick watching on my ipad in the hotels.........i think i watched the 1st 4 seasons of GOT in like 2 weeks while travellling....

i have found myself lately not really starting shows until there's 3-5 episodes to watch...so i get that.

Reactions: chargervol
Got the free trial of Hulu. Looks pretty good so far. Best thing about YTTV is how user friendly it is. Hulu isn’t bad. I can’t go without the Braves so here I am

This news sucks but what kind of package does Hulu offer? This only reason I even had YTTV was because of the PSVue going away. Really only watch sports channels but I like the Starz package on YTTV as well. Need Braves games though

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Okay guys, need some advice. I’ve had YouTube TV, but today they announced they didn’t reach an agreement with Sinclair and this will no longer carry Fox Regional stations. That means no more Braves, thus, for me, that means no more YouTube Tv.

Which streaming service do you guys recommend? Hulu? Sling? Thanks.

We've got Hulu and no complaints.

This news sucks but what kind of package does Hulu offer? This only reason I even had YTTV was because of the PSVue going away. Really only watch sports channels but I like the Starz package on YTTV as well. Need Braves games though
Hulu seems the same to me as what I had with YTTV. It’s gonna work nice. Have to pay extra for stuff like starz

Reactions: gainesvol82
1. Forgot every 2019 UT game on my DVR...(was) Now only the wins.

2. Now is kind of a sucky time for TV. Many of us have capped internet.
So many different services with original content.
But there's a new service or an old one shutting down every year.

Crazy.

get food poisoning and watch a crappy team play all in the comfortable confines of his neighborhood applebees....

...and get charged for extra napkins.

tenor.gif

Also says you have to be in the same house...
Technically, yes, but they've definitely used some vague/subjective terms in there that allow some wiggle room (emphasis is mine below):

"Location requirements work the same if you're sharing your YouTube TV membership with a family group. The family manager sets the home area, and all family members must primarily live in the same household.

All family group members need to periodically use YouTube TV in your home location to keep access. Otherwise, the family manager will either have to change the home location or you'll need to get an individual membership.

Note: If you're using YouTube TV while traveling, you'll get access to certain programs based on your location. Learn more about using YouTube TV while traveling."

Okay guys, need some advice. I’ve had YouTube TV, but today they announced they didn’t reach an agreement with Sinclair and this will no longer carry Fox Regional stations. That means no more Braves, thus, for me, that means no more YouTube Tv.

Which streaming service do you guys recommend? Hulu? Sling? Thanks.
yeah-- Sinclair-- NO DISH either. What is the point of having a station if nobody can watch it. And I'd check Sling if you are looking for that. Somehow I think they have similar programming as DISH.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Our poor WRs...

Not a JG basher or anything, but we all know damn well our WRs rarely got off the line with any explosiveness cause they knew it'd just put them that much further away from JG's range.

You want to see Callaway's 2nd gear? Watch the 2 throws he caught deep from Maurer & JT, went by and separated from Georgia & South Carolina secondary players at 2 levels. No second gear my ARSE!

Know why Jennings doesn't face press coverage? Cause he's a dog and he'll embarrass any weakass DB that thinks they'll stuff him at the line. He's a man and strong as hell, watch him sling around those DBs that tried to press him in senior bowl practice.

Last edited:

I went to Hulu after Psvue. I like it. Have all the same stuff and it works better. Took me a bit to get used to controls.

Reactions: VolMike16
Actually most of the advertising money doesn’t come from premiums collected but from investment income. And most small, lesser known companies are only cheaper because they are trying to “buy” market share by charging less than they should for the risk. So they are going to less likely to pay out come claim time. Really every company should be about the same so if one company is way cheaper it’s usually for a bad reason and they won’t have enough to pay out. You should choose your insurance on coverage and service. Price should be further down the list.
All insurance companies are effin thieves..I hate em all. They all do everything they can to screw you over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back