Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, need some advice. I’ve had YouTube TV, but today they announced they didn’t reach an agreement with Sinclair and this will no longer carry Fox Regional stations. That means no more Braves, thus, for me, that means no more YouTube Tv.

Which streaming service do you guys recommend? Hulu? Sling? Thanks.
slling is part of Dish, so the problems they were having getting contracts done affected them. i had sling once, and i liked it, but PS Vue and YT TV offered what i needed, plus local channels. If they've worked out their issues, may be worth checking out if they do all your locals....but i remember liking sling overall.

i'm not sure about Hulu live?

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
looks like Hulu is the best bet, fuboTV is another one to look at

also DirecTV as well as Dish both offer streaming online options I do believe. Last I checked they ran about the same as YouTube TV as well.

edit: never mind on Dish it's only available if you got the regular subscription with a dish/boxes. Also just read Dish & DirecTV are likely merging...so satellite TV about to be a monopoly...

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
in general i agree. i wasn't a fan of the HF testing when they instituted it....it really does limit your hiring pool when you have an absolute like that on the table. and it may not mean a thing in the long run.

one applicant we turned away because of it apparently had been to CO a few months back with friends or familyl while unemployed, so he did what people do in the "free" states.....

however many months later....he can't have a job here.

that's dumb.

Exactly. Places that only do randoms are filled with people that used to smoke. But when they found a job worth it, they stopped.
When it comes to trivial stuff, I only care about what they do now, not what they did before.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Okay guys, need some advice. I’ve had YouTube TV, but today they announced they didn’t reach an agreement with Sinclair and this will no longer carry Fox Regional stations. That means no more Braves, thus, for me, that means no more YouTube Tv.

I was just about to post something about this. Fortunately for me, I hate the Braves, so I'm free to smugly enjoy YTTV for the time being.

But that is a pretty significant chink in their armor (nervously moves to push the "post reply" button while racking my brain to determine if anything in my first two sentences could in any way be associated with folks of Asian heritage).

Lot's of people thought the same thing about AIDS and young people. If enough people become infected, the world will throw the kitchen sink at it and find a cure.
Siap but one possibly already developed. But testing is so slow. I think it's already going toward manufacturing, but won't even be tested till like June. At least it hopefully will be ready for next flu season. Apparently it could flare up again like the normal flu.

I was just about to post something about this. Fortunately for me, I hate the Braves, so I'm free to smugly enjoy YTTV for the time being.

But that is a pretty significant chink in their armor (nervously moves to push the "post reply" button while racking my brain to determine if anything in my first two sentences could in any way be associated with folks of Asian heritage).

You racist SUNVA BISH!:mad:

they lost the Braves but unfortunately no other service comes close, Ill have to bite the bullet and keep them.

Applebees

SIAP a ranking that had him 6th among returning SEC starters (6th best, not worst).

I don't think UK realizes just how much they actually benefited from Bowden taking over. There is a very specific reason why so many teams still have success running the option, and that stretch with Bowden at QB was probably the closest example of what a truly talented team can do with the option.

They went 6-2 with Bowden at QB running the option, and in those 8 games he failed to run for 100 yards just once at Georgia (where he only had 99). But yeah their only losses were at Georgia 21-0 and to us which came down to the last play of the game.

Terry Wilson is absolutely a step back for them at QB and they don't even seem aware of it. The craziest thing is they lose not only their best QB but also their best WR in Bowden. That offense will be struggling I think.
Whoever made that list ate too many marijuanas that day. No-Touchdown Terry sucks bigly. Honestly if I'm them I have more hope in the Auburn transfer.

Stoops can coach some D though.

Reactions: gainesvol82
looks like Hulu is the best bet, fuboTV is another one to look at

also DirecTV as well as Dish both offer streaming online options I do believe. Last I checked they ran about the same as YouTube TV as well.

edit: never mind on Dish it's only available if you got the regular subscription with a dish/boxes. Also just read Dish & DirecTV are likely merging...so satellite TV about to be a monopoly...
direct TV now went away with the advent of the ATT TV streaming option....ATTTVnow....but i think it's basically the same thing.

No Braves sounds like a reason TO keep youtube TV...

I've got Hulu live and love it...FWIW

Here we go with 15 pages of discussion on streaming services!

I recommend Hulu Live.

We're about to axe Dish (in May when the 2 yr contract expires so I won't get hit with any BS cancellation fee)

We basically will have
Disney+ bundle (includes ESPN+ & Hulu w/ Ads) = $12.99
Netflix =$13.99
philo TV = $20
YouTube TV = FREE (shared)

We went with philo because it has MTV & Nickelodeon channels. Dish cost more than all of this by itself (if we were paying for YouTube TV too).

We're about to axe Dish (in May when the 2 yr contract expires so I won't get hit with any BS cancellation fee)

We basically will have
Netflix =$13.99
philo TV = $20

We went with philo because it has MTV & Nickelodeon channels. Dish cost more than all of this by itself (if we were paying for YouTube TV too).
I wanted to get Philo, but at this time, it is not compatible with Chromecast.

You're making out like a thief in the night...who is your internet with, and is it unlimited?

We basically will have
Netflix =$13.99
philo TV = $20

Careful on that. We have let my in-laws have our login for YTTV since they are retired, and there have been plenty of times on evenings and weekends when we are trying to watch something and get the dreaded message that YTTV is already streaming on three devices. First-world problem, I know. But damnit, if I'm paying the bill I sure as hell shouldn't be the one getting that message!

Faaaaccckkkk no more Cards for me!

Careful on that. We have let my in-laws have our login for YTTV since they are retired, and there have been plenty of times on evenings and weekends when we are trying to watch something and get the dreaded message that YTTV is already streaming on three devices. First-world problem, I know. But damnit, if I'm paying the bill I sure as hell shouldn't be the one getting that message!

Yeah that's a no go for me dawg

I wanted to get Philo, but at this time, it is not compatible with Chromecast.

You're making out like a thief in the night...who is your internet with, and is it unlimited?

Local co-op, and they don't have data limits monthly. The speeds we get aren't great and their pricing is weak, but no data limits is definitely a perk.

Having used a variety of applications (console, fire sticks, chromecast, smart TV, etc.) we are Roku 4 lyfe now.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back