Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just cut medicade completely. It's savage but it'll weed out the weak and we can then afford to take care of everyone that contributes more to society.
Black Plague killed 30-60% of the population of Europe between 1347-1351. I can't imagine what people in those days went through.

When *Fulk switch screens onto Mason Jones* is in the game plan, that’s a bad coaching job.

I see improvement in our young freshman this year, but I also see terrible coaching by Barnes. Next year can’t get here soon enough for this squad.

It is kind of weird this season watching Barnes coach... it definitely has not been brightest point at times... makes you wonder how much the boys from last year filled in the gaps and saved his ass on some things... I know he is a great coach and developer of talent, but he just hasn't seemed to be all there during some games. Last years roster had leaders and was on auto-pilot most games so he could just sit back and watch... this year is pure coaching... he is the best guy for us, but he's come up short in some games in my opinion. It's not about the L's and W's, but how he is coaching and the lack of adjustments and recognition during games...

As I was making my 30 mile commute in to work today, it struck at how life does really imitate art. I use the term art loosely, because I am referring to Demolition Man, where Taco Bell is the last restaurant standing. I passed 3 Taco Bells, and 2 shuttered Krystals. Our society sucks....Taco Bell is still open and Krystal is closing stores left and right.

Taco Bell is the cockroach of fast food chains... it will outlast anything...

I've been getting 4-6 miles in on the treadmill 5-6 times a week for the last 6 months or so. Had a calf strain at one point that made me shift to walking, used a 6% grade to help keep the calorie burn high. All part of my efforts to shed about 35 lbs, but now I'm enjoying running a lot more.

You sir don't understand what "newb runner" means then, lol

Still treadmill times aren't going to match real world 5k times. Lots of variables that are outside your control.

Now knowing HOW MUCH running you're already doing I'd say sub 25 would be a good starting point for a 5k goal and then chase shaving a minute off at a time.

Would also suggest running less distance on the treadmill, but trying to run it faster. (2-3 miles 5-6 times a week and trying to run them as fast as possible, maybe even give yourself a 1 mile day where you just try to knock it out in 6 minutes or less).

Reactions: WarMachine
Hair follicle test are stupid. Yeah I failed it. MJ
How the hell can a company hold something against someone that they did 6 months ago. Anywho back to my old farming job. Just wish I was farming some MJ to send pics to those f'ers.
my company does HF testing as well....commercial driving and all, better safe than sorry i guess....but, that we do the HF testing, it makes interviews pretty entertaining sometimes.....
i've gone thru interviews that went really well, and at the end, i usually just throw that out there..."hey just so you know, we do HF testing here, is that gonna be any sort of an issue?"

when the response is "uh, how far back does that go?" then i pretty much just say, 'it was nice meeting you'...and bring in the next one.

lol.

i get why we do it, and on one level it makes sense.

on another level, however.... these days....it really shrinks the talent pool you have to choose from............lol.

my company does HF testing as well....commercial driving and all, better safe than sorry i guess....but, that we do the HF testing, it makes interviews pretty entertaining sometimes.....
i've gone thru interviews that went really well, and at the end, i usually just throw that out there..."hey just so you know, we do HF testing here, is that gonna be any sort of an issue?"

when the response is "uh, how far back does that go?" then i pretty much just say, 'it was nice meeting you'...and bring in the next one.

lol.

on another level, however.... these days....it really shrinks the talent pool you have to choose from............lol.
We had a contractor that tampered with his urine test and they knew it. So they told him to get ready for a HF test, he told them the only person that cuts his hair is his wife😂

Best uni's in the NFL...
1582812681037.jpeg
images
Spurrier has always been a "head scratcher"

We had a contractor that tampered with his urine test and they knew it. So they told him to get ready for a HF test, he told them the only person that cuts his hair is his wife😂
lol....that's funny...

we had an applicant, he was a body builder or something, and dude didn't have a strand of hair on him. we basically told him he had to grow some out for like 2 or 3 weeks so they could get a sample....lol.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

lol.

Man, when I switched and went to work for someone else a couple years ago, good grief.
The company was zero tolerance on both pot and tardiness.

They had the most on time, most drug free, morons I've ever seen gathered in one place, haha.

Man, when I switched and went to work for someone else a couple years ago, good grief.
The company was zero tolerance on both pot and tardiness.

They had the most on time, most drug free, morons I've ever seen gathered in one place, haha.
you should come to my office then................lol.

Reactions: chargervol
When *Fulk switch screens onto Mason Jones* is in the game plan, that’s a bad coaching job.

I see improvement in our young freshman this year, but I also see terrible coaching by Barnes. Next year can’t get here soon enough for this squad.

Most of us have overlooked the value of Coach Lanier on that staff in the past. It is showing up this year along with the lack of recruiting in the previous years. Barnes is going to need to either improve the staff or learn new tricks even with the stud class he is bringing in. Otherwise they will underachieve.

This year's deficiencies are obvious. Insufficiently developed big men and a quality PG ready to step in. Fulky improved, but he is not a 5. He could be a really good 4, however, they need him to play the 5 and it is unnatural to him. When he arrived on campus he was a tall 3 who shot and drove from the corner well. He's not allowed to do that anymore. Pons is a 3 having to play the 4 and switching out to every position on the floor at times. He's injured and he's wore out. Lack of a PG stands out like a sore thumb. Vescovi may become one, but he is just a newbie who is more combo that needs to improve his handle to the right to be effective. He's hitting the freshman wall now.

A lot to work on before next season.

Drink red wine. Take every supplement that even hints that it prevents Alzheimer’s. Start working puzzles and brain teasers. Anything that is linked to a lowering of the incidence of developing it.

May God be with you.

...and read "The End of Alzheimer's" by Dale Bredesen. AD is preventable and in early stages reversable.

you should come to my office then................lol.

It was crazy. By far, the most productive guy in the place was fired because he was 4 or 5 minutes late, at least once a week.

That's on him but he literally worked past "clock time" every day. Produced way more than the next closest person and always volunteered for weekends, whatever.

Similar for an office worker that failed on THC. Though I truly think it was the CBD oil. Zero tolerance fails spectacularly so many times.

Most of us have overlooked the value of Coach Lanier on that staff in the past. It is showing up this year along with the lack of recruiting in the previous years. Barnes is going to need to either improve the staff or learn new tricks even with the stud class he is bringing in. Otherwise they will underachieve.

This year's deficiencies are obvious. Insufficiently developed big men and a quality PG ready to step in. Fulky improved, but he is not a 5. He could be a really good 4, however, they need him to play the 5 and it is unnatural to him. When he arrived on campus he was a tall 3 who shot and drove from the corner well. He's not allowed to do that anymore. Pons is a 3 having to play the 4 and switching out to every position on the floor at times. He's injured and he's wore out. Lack of a PG stands out like a sore thumb. Vescovi may become one, but he is just a newbie who is more combo that needs to improve his handle to the right to be effective. He's hitting the freshman wall now.

That guard pushed Vescovi to the right all night. There is a little film out on him now and these teams are taking notice. It’s only going to get harder for him. He’s got to step up and work harder.

Reactions: jakez4ut

i mean, i get all this and on some level, agree.

but not having Uros from day 1 hurt, and it's obvious he would have probably benefited a lot from pre season, non-conf play.

the two roster misses that i think hurt were the zach kid and DJ burns...had either of them been what we needed them to be, who knows?

and i think the killer for this roster, and for Jordan Bowden in particular, was how turner's deal went down. no one expected him to be another Bone, but i think most, self included, were pretty confident turner would do just fine as a returning, experienced, quaility vet running the point.

a lot of guys have been put in positions that probably weren't "in the plan" before the season started. you're right about Fulky....he should be a 4, but he has to play 5.

JJJ should be a 3, but he's having to split between 2, 3, and sometimes 1, pre vescovi. bowden, kinda the same. Pons makes some sense at 4 just because of how athletic he is, but probably better suited at 3, IF we had a true 4 and 5.

anyway...effort level has been pretty good all year, but these last two games have been poor...really poor on the execution front. waaaaaaay too many turnovers and just sloppy play in general.

they miss open jump shots, they miss layups, and they struggle moving the ball inside.

defensively, for the majority of the season it's been very solid....last two games not withstanding.

i expected a better season when it started, but i didn't expect this. i do think a lot of the roster issues we had played a big part in it.....

positives...i do think vescovi can be really good. i like where Gaines is headed....he's getting better. Pons, assuming he sticks around, should just get better and better. JJJ while underwhelming for the hype has flashed and you can see how talented he is, i'm anxious to see him with the next group, and a full year in the program. FUlky is better....who knows where Uros is headed in to next season, he's gotta get better with his feet, and be stronger around the rim....

and i still think Barnes is a good coach, and he's done a good job overall developing kids. this year was gonna be a transition year, we knew that. so i'm banking on this being a "lessons learned" season and moving on to bigger things next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back