Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was crazy. By far, the most productive guy in the place was fired because he was 4 or 5 minutes late, at least once a week.

That's on him but he literally worked past "clock time" every day. Produced way more than the next closest person and always volunteered for weekends, whatever.

Similar for an office worker that failed on THC. Though I truly think it was the CBD oil. Zero tolerance fails spectacularly so many times.
it does, til it doesn't. usually practices put in like that are of a reactionay nature, and what it tells me is that something bad happened, and the company was found liable of something, that cost a crap ton of money.

and the way you prevent that from happening again............zero tolerance going forward.

and i'm not saying that's good or bad, just that "it is".

in a former life, i'm pretty sure 80% of the folks that worked for me were users of some sort of recreational substance...lol. it bit a couple of them in the butt, others, not so much. it's very much an individual thing imo.

but i understand why companies take stances they do, a lot on the line from a liablity standpoint IF something happend, and that issue was the cause, or significant contributing factor, and you eihter knew about it, or had nothing, or not enough, in place to prevent it. especially when competitors have started doing similar things from a testing standpoint....precedents start being set, and before you know it, it's the standard.

"so let me get this straight, you're company does nothing but commercial driving, yet you don't test drivers for illegal drug use history as part of a pre employment process?"

"uhhhh....."

anyway. fun stuff. for all of you not under such constraints, have fun!! for the rest of us....
tenor.gif

It was crazy. By far, the most productive guy in the place was fired because he was 4 or 5 minutes late, at least once a week.

That's on him but he literally worked past "clock time" every day. Produced way more than the next closest person and always volunteered for weekends, whatever.

Similar for an office worker that failed on THC. Though I truly think it was the CBD oil. Zero tolerance fails spectacularly so many times.
I’ve not used or drank anything in over 20 years, but I don’t have a problem with the marijuanas as they call them. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of a pot head running over someone like drunk driving? They’re usually the ones going 30 miles per hour, now they may think they’re going 80 😂

I’ve not used or drank anything in over 20 years, but I don’t have a problem with the marijuanas as they call them. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of a pot head running over someone like drunk driving? They’re usually the ones going 30 miles per hour, now they may think they’re going 80 😂
i can vouch for this. the one and only time i smoked and drove, was in college, and i was at a buddy's place getting something for a class, and while i was there, he was kind enough share....

anyway, i got done, and got in the truck to drive home.....which was going from Ft. Sanders, to Neyland Hills appt....it's basically across the street. should take about 2 minutes..........

i think it took me 15. lol. couldn't feel my hands or feet. and my truck was a 5 speed. so clutch, gas, break, shifter, steering wheel.....

there was a lot going on in my fully baked brain....and i could feel any of it in my extremities......so i was literally talking to myself out loud telling me what to do..................

it was at that point i decided that maybe weed wasn't for me. lol.

Most of us have overlooked the value of Coach Lanier on that staff in the past. It is showing up this year along with the lack of recruiting in the previous years. Barnes is going to need to either improve the staff or learn new tricks even with the stud class he is bringing in. Otherwise they will underachieve.

This year's deficiencies are obvious. Insufficiently developed big men and a quality PG ready to step in. Fulky improved, but he is not a 5. He could be a really good 4, however, they need him to play the 5 and it is unnatural to him. When he arrived on campus he was a tall 3 who shot and drove from the corner well. He's not allowed to do that anymore. Pons is a 3 having to play the 4 and switching out to every position on the floor at times. He's injured and he's wore out. Lack of a PG stands out like a sore thumb. Vescovi may become one, but he is just a newbie who is more combo that needs to improve his handle to the right to be effective. He's hitting the freshman wall now.

A lot to work on before next season.

You do realize the only "big man" that is in year 2 for this team is Fulkerson, arguably the most improved player on the team.

I have to admit though the guard development has been the most disappointing, granted losing Turner didn't help but Jalen (the only other returning player from last season's team) was the highest rated guy in his class and is a 4th year guy in this system and we're seeing him lose minutes to freshmen.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
it does, til it doesn't. usually practices put in like that are of a reactionay nature, and what it tells me is that something bad happened, and the company was found liable of something, that cost a crap ton of money.

and the way you prevent that from happening again............zero tolerance going forward.

and i'm not saying that's good or bad, just that "it is".

in a former life, i'm pretty sure 80% of the folks that worked for me were users of some sort of recreational substance...lol. it bit a couple of them in the butt, others, not so much. it's very much an individual thing imo.

but i understand why companies take stances they do, a lot on the line from a liablity standpoint IF something happend, and that issue was the cause, or significant contributing factor, and you eihter knew about it, or had nothing, or not enough, in place to prevent it. especially when competitors have started doing similar things from a testing standpoint....precedents start being set, and before you know it, it's the standard.

"so let me get this straight, you're company does nothing but commercial driving, yet you don't test drivers for illegal drug use history as part of a pre employment process?"

"uhhhh....."

anyway. fun stuff. for all of you not under such constraints, have fun!! for the rest of us....
tenor.gif

No doubt that happens but wasn't the case here. Asked around after hearing all the "good ol days " stories.

Simply changed general managers 5 years previously and the new 1 was kind of a prick.

i can vouch for this. the one and only time i smoked and drove, was in college, and i was at a buddy's place getting something for a class, and while i was there, he was kind enough share....

anyway, i got done, and got in the truck to drive home.....which was going from Ft. Sanders, to Neyland Hills appt....it's basically across the street. should take about 2 minutes..........

i think it took me 15. lol. couldn't feel my hands or feet. and my truck was a 5 speed. so clutch, gas, break, shifter, steering wheel.....

there was a lot going on in my fully baked brain....and i could feel any of it in my extremities......so i was literally talking to myself out loud telling me what to do..................

it was at that point i decided that maybe weed wasn't for me. lol.
1582816651505.gif

I have a friend, early 30s. She has MS and is basically on chemo for it. She lives in NYC. She’s freaking out.
That MS medicine is expensive. Mom was diagnosed with MS 25 years ago....

@VolsnCards5 My wife was just diagnosed and is the same age as your friend, we are just outside the city as well. Really hoping this passes by and doesn't become a huge huge deal, feel like we have been through enough lately.

@titansvolsfaninga thank god for insurance, we are blessed to not have to come out of pocket for it yet, but not without jumping through an incredible numbers of hoops along the way. No idea how people manage, I know @chargervol has been through it, just doesn't make any sense to me the ways things like this work (or don't)

Oh I don't touch the stuff myself. Results vary and I literally did nothing but eat, then nap.

But hiring subcontractors, was around folks that did all the time. Many worked harder following their mid day "safety meeting" as they called it.lol.

I was amazed how differently it worked for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back