Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

“It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump,” Limbaugh said during his Monday show. “Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. … Yeah, I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.”

91SmcmUSkCL.jpg

Reactions: Purple Tiger
From the economics. Not death I am thinking. I could also see this pushing the automation process a bit. We saw major political and economic changes from the black death. This wont be that bad, but changes can arise.

What I see happening is this being similar to SARS, big scare and something to keep in mind but nothing that is going to wipe out swaths of population. I can also see a negative economic impact the longer the care continues but in the long run it might be good for us. Hopefully with the supply chain disruptions we are and will see companies decide that the Chinese cheep labor just isn't worth it and move back to this hemisphere.

What I see happening is this being similar to SARS, big scare and something to keep in mind but nothing that is going to wipe out swaths of population. I can also see a negative economic impact the longer the care continues but in the long run it might be good for us. Hopefully with the supply chain disruptions we are and will see companies decide that the Chinese cheep labor just isn't worth it and move back to this hemisphere.

Had the same thoughts. Supply chain directors and other executives will need to examine more factors than just cost, for future set ups. They already do, but this is a huge wake up call.

Reactions: AM64
No worries. Trump will just change the facts by firing the head of the CDC and replacing him with Don, Jr.
How many jobs have you given junior and Ivanka? It's got to be at least a dozen. I actually feel better when you make these predictions. It's about as close to a guarantee that Trump wont do something as exists.

How many jobs have you given junior and Ivanka? It's got to be at least a dozen. I actually feel better when you make these predictions. It's about as close to a guarantee that Trump wont do something as exists.

Trump does not like any news that he even suspects might make him look bad.

Reactions: barrylee
What a dialed in statement. This would obviously not ring true for say.....Obama.

Obama did not kill the messenger like Trump does. Trump's ego is so massive, yet also incredibly fragile. The slightest criticism sends him shrieking. The only debate is whether he is simply of such poor character or is actually diagnosable as mentally ill.

Obama did not kill the messenger like Trump does. Trump's ego is so massive, yet also incredibly fragile. The slightest criticism sends him shrieking. The only debate is whether he is simply of such poor character or is actually diagnosable as mentally ill.

You are describing Obama to a T with massive ego, yet incredibly fragile.

And whats that, the Democrats shot it down.

Heh. You tell only half the story...

"The Trump administration’s request for emergency funding is woefully insufficient to protect Americans from the deadly coronavirus outbreak," said House Appropriations Committee Chairwoman Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.).

She said the request would "raid money Congress has designated for other critical public health priorities" and still falls short of the total amount of funding needed."

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) went farther, assailing President Trump's response and calling the request "indicative of his towering incompetence."

House Democrats said they would instead draft their own funding bill for the virus."

VN Store

Back