Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I always go to college drop outs for medical advice
I listen to Rush sometimes. I listened to this segment today and couldn't have disagreed more with him. He was basically saying Dems were drumming up fear.
I think it's being severely downplayed and we know this is worse than a cold or even the flu.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
EXCLUSIVE: Tom Cruise is holed up at the 5-star Gritti Palace in Venice after Mission: Impossible 7 is forced to halt filming after outbreak of coronavirus in Italy

Tom Cruise has been forced to hole up in a luxury hotel in Venice after the filming of Mission: Impossible 7 was halted after an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy, DailyMail.com has learned.

The actor had been due to begin filming in some of the most picturesque and popular parts of the floating city but production was put in limbo after authorities put a total lock down in place in order to stop further spread of the deadly disease.

25130934-8038497-image-m-100_1582562045580.jpg

The halt on filming comes as Italy confirmed its sixth death in Europe's first major outbreak, as the country has 219 cases of the virus, by far the largest number outside China, Japan and South Korea.

25120692-0-image-a-20_1582547095290.jpg

Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible 7 halts filming in Venice over fears of coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Disappointing, I was really looking forward to Tom Cruise's new installment of Mission Impossible, "The Prune Juice Protocol".

Seriously the first one wasnt even that good, and at his age is anyone really still buying Cruise as an action star?

Last edited:
Enjoy it as it migrates across the country. I'll bet money it show up on the southern border first.

Are you not living in the lower 48 yourself? Have you just deemed yourself immune because you drank out of a hose and ate dirt when you were younger?

I'd bet money that the virus doesn't show up first in the US at the border. My money will be on it showing up(unconnected to China or a cruise ship) in the US in one of the larger cities like New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Newark, DC, Denver, Miami because those are only some of the cities that have international airport hubs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple Tiger
Are you not living in the lower 48 yourself? Have you just deemed yourself immune because you drank out of a hose and at dirt when you were younger?

I'd bet money that the virus doesn't show up first in the US at the border. My money will be on it showing up(unconnected to China or a cruise ship) in the US in one of the larger cities like New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Newark, DC, Denver, Miami because those are only some of the cities that have international airport hubs.
I agree. It will be in the airport hub cities first. My guess is Atlanta, Chicago, or New York.

I agree. It will be in the airport hub cities first. My guess is Atlanta, Chicago, or New York.
There’s a big conference in Atlanta in mid-March I would like to attend. SWANApalooza (Solid Waste Association of North America) 2020, where a lot of my clients in the landfill gas biz will be. But I am generally so busy that when I go to those meetings I spend most of the time in my room on the laptop and then head home early. I probably wouldn’t go even without the concerns about coronavirus, but those concerns are real.

Reactions: AM64

I could easily see two waves. The first having to do with the immediacy of global travel and the ability to range from one continent to another before any signs of a disease. The second wave being Mexico hit hard because of poor medical care and living standards, and those infected there trying to reach the US for care or infected but asymptomatic people trying to leave before they "become infected".

Reactions: Wireless1
There’s a big conference in Atlanta in mid-March I would like to attend. SWANApalooza (Solid Waste Association of North America) 2020, where a lot of my clients in the landfill gas biz will be. But I am generally so busy that when I go to those meetings I spend most of the time in my room on the laptop and then head home early. I probably wouldn’t go even without the concerns about coronavirus, but those concerns are real.

We have conexpo upcoming in a few weeks in Las Vegas. Normally, that convention draws about 100 - 150k in attendance. I'm taking precautions this year that normally I would dismiss.

Disappointing, I was really looking forward to Tom Cruise's new installment of Mission Impossible, "The Prune Juice Protocol".

Seriously the first one wasnt even that good, and at his age is anyone really still buying Cruise as an action star?
Scientologists are about to ruin you

With the apparent lack of understanding in regards to this virus, I wonder if it could be HIV like in that you could carry it forever without symptoms. With HIV it take an exchange of body fluids through sexual contact whereas with this virus it only takes aresol particulates to be infected. People could literally be walking around for years infecting others without even knowing it. This possibility worries me.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
All I can say is trump needs to figure out what he’s going to do l. If this goes south he’s done. He will be Monday morning QB all day. Won’t be fair but it is what will happen. He can’t blame subordinates. A clear policy and plan had to be put forward.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look up what quarantine means. One flight for actively infected, one flight for non infected. Whoever dropped the ball on that piece of genius both in the US and the UK needs a pink slip. Subordinates handle those details and plans.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look up what quarantine means. One flight for actively infected, one flight for non infected. Whoever dropped the ball on that piece of genius both in the US and the UK needs a pink slip. Subordinates handle those details and plans.
The public will have zero patience for him blaming subordinates. And what’s the delay on the pink slips?

With the apparent lack of understanding in regards to this virus, I wonder if it could be HIV like in that you could carry it forever without symptoms. With HIV it take an exchange of body fluids through sexual contact whereas with this virus it only takes aresol particulates to be infected. People could literally be walking around for years infecting others without even knowing it. This possibility worries me.

Could be the Zombie virus.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
If this is legit. We are looking at almost 100 million dead. 7 billion X 70%(infection rate) x 2%(death rate)

I doubt it gets that bad. Doesnt seem like its tracking there.

At what point does it really start to cripple economies? Even if only twenty percent infection rate. That's a lot of dead and sick and ripple effects.

Global warming solved...

Global warming solved...
From the economics. Not death I am thinking. I could also see this pushing the automation process a bit. We saw major political and economic changes from the black death. This wont be that bad, but changes can arise.

VN Store

Back