Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parasite and Ford v Ferrari were very good. 1917 was solid, best seen in a theatre. I've seen a bad one too - Midway. Terrible acting with caricatures everywhere.
I didn’t like this latest version of Midway as well as the original from the late 70’s. Thought the original included some subplots that made the outcome of the battle more remarkable.

I think it would've been a good fight. Lee had a speed advantage, Norris had a weight advantage.

Not insurmountable, Norris was 5'8 and 154 pounds avg fighting weight.
Which is decent and Bruce Lee never fought competitively. But being fair, Norris fought in points systems. Not like he was knocking people out or was a grappler familiar with using weight as an advantage.

Been great to see but declaring a winner without an actual fight is pointless.

Read a story 2-3 years back that said towards the end Bruce Lee became obsessed with engaging in a no limits fight and would try to push opponents in demo contests into going full combat. Apparently there was a guy on the West Coast who Lee considered a repetitional rival and he refused to engage in even exhibitions because Lee would constantly go beyond the agreed upon limitations. Seriously sick stuff.

Knives Out

Liked the movie, even enjoyed Craig, but when they announced a sequel I was like hunh? That’s a really weird franchise vehicle for Craig. And we really only needed to hear that accent in one movie (although it was a damn sight better than whatever the hell that was in Logan Lucky).

Reactions: supersmo18
I could name about 50+ people that I consider friends that could rip Bruce Lee head off in about 2.1 seconds flat.

And thats being kind.
Bruce Lee been dead since July 20, 1973. Not a big feat JMO.

Yeah, good point. I don’t know the crowd bluetick runs with but I don’t know hardly anyone that would rip the head off a corpse. Isn’t there like a law against that?

GatorAids

giphy.gif
I had Jortherpes but yours is better.

JCVD was 50 in 2010. Not much to brag about

😂
Brag about?
Van Damme was the one issuing challenges (publicly) and having body guards attempt to film and embarrass someone. And it backfired. Guy has always been a public image bs artist.

Much like his speech about his love and commitment to his wife at the MTV awards. 30 minutes before getting busted in the back of a limo with some skank he just met. You'd think he'd learn to stop with the public grandstanding.

😂
Brag about?
Van Damme was the one issuing challenges (publicly) and having body guards attempt to film and embarrass someone. And it backfired. Guy has always been a public image bs artist.

Much like his speech about his love and commitment to his wife at the MTV awards. 30 minutes before getting busted in the back of a limo with some skank he just met. You'd think he'd learn to stop with the public grandstanding.
He’s a weird guy for sure

He’s a weird guy for sure

Each case was probably just publicity stunts for career purposes.. which, whatever. It's a tough business.
But getting bodyguards to film you at the expense of embarrassing someone else (attempted), that's a bit much even for Hollywood.
I'm glad it backfired.

Whoa! a lot of Bible stuff in here today. As a student (and, in my past, a teacher of history, religion, world culture ls, etc) of religions, history, and cultures, my belief is that anyone who believes in a literal translation of the Bible is putting more faith in man than in a diety. There are more discrepancies in the translation of the texts than the counting of the loose Chad's in the 2000 election.
And that is not even getting into the Gospels that weren't included in the Bible or the process of canonizing texts (or the practices of the church from the mid-300s to the present where it is more of a political and financial power than an actual preserver of the teachings of Christ and his didciples).
Wrong, there are apparent contridictions to trip up those (perhaps like yourself) who have already decided in their heart not to believe God’s Word. It’s a biblical principle that God will let someone believe a lie if they want. Perhaps you have studied toooooo much and you have too much knowledge without any virtue, a common condition in America today.

Reactions: Type Orange+
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back