'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

If your measuring stick is JG then I render your argument null and void.

Well your opinion on my argument is is irrelevant as JG"s pass game most of the season. My point was it's hard for any Vol fan, myself included to criticize another teams QB with what we've been working with under JG. I dumb'D it down for you, so I can only assume that you now see what my point was lil man!😉😉

Maybe I was thinking midseason, but he was still 9th out of 12 qualifying QBs in the sec. 125 qbr is quite bad. 6.7 ypa woof

Of course he had more total yards, he passed 50% more times lol.

View attachment 262787

I agree he wasn't great or near as good as some other true FR who have started throughout college football recently. But really with Auburn having zero rungame and very few playmakers at WR, it's hard to put much blame on him. Plus he had Guz calling plays, which didn't help him either. I put very little importance in QBR rating..Look at the QB's on that list with good QBR"s but we all know weren't good QB's..Bryant, Shradel, Corral, JG. Outside of Burrow, an unlisted Tua and Fromm that is not a very good group of QB's. My only point was us Vol fans are the last group that are in position to talk about how bad another teams QB is with JG lining up under center for us.

He's actually progressed quite a bit in many areas. Though has also regressed in others, which I chalk up to 4 OCs in 4 years. Hopefully he can finally put it all together with OC/Chaney continuity.

I chalk it up to lack of talent and football IQ

Last edited:
He's actually progressed quite a bit in many areas. Though has also regressed in others, which I chalk up to 4 OCs in 4 years. Hopefully he can finally put it all together with OC/Chaney continuity.
This is by far the MOST overstated excuse of them all. The things that inhibit JG aren't the product of different OC's.

Well your opinion on my argument is is irrelevant as JG"s pass game most of the season. My point was it's hard for any Vol fan, myself included to criticize another teams QB with what we've been working with under JG. I dumb'D it down for you, so I can only assume that you now see what my point was lil man!😉😉
DF50F618-C86B-4BA9-8547-D87E9BA0D5BC.gif

This is by far the MOST overstated excuse of them all. The things that inhibit JG aren't the product of different OC's.

Thankyou!!!! Just an excuse that'sused.. His inability to read a Defense, slow decision making and waiting on a WR to get open instead of throwing to the right spot is just a few of his issues.

Maybe so, but I have a hard time thinking that he has improved very much when he continues to throw behind receivers, can not throw a swing pass, can not hit a receiver in stride, and throws into double and triple coverage when other receivers are widw open. So there ma areas where he has improved but they are difficult to find. These are fundamental parts of a QBs games and he has had 4 years to get a few of them down pat.

I don't think they helped but I do agree his football IQ is below average and that's not good for a QB.
What do you mean by by football IQ?

I actually think his fatal flaws are processing too slow and the inability to anticipate throws. These are very possibly fatal flaws. They require a significant amount of innate ability to do well. A lot of QB's fail because they cannot do these things... most of them don't have the competition circumstances that have favored JG and made him a starter.

I picked on him last off season for not managing the O well or making good line calls and also for not using the middle of the field. He improved in those areas IMO. Those are areas where an OC and good QB Coach can help.

What do you mean by by football IQ?

I actually think his fatal flaws are processing too slow and the inability to anticipate throws. These are very possibly fatal flaws. They require a significant amount of innate ability to do well. A lot of QB's fail because they cannot do these things... most of them don't have the competition circumstances that have favored JG and made him a starter.

I picked on him last off season for not managing the O well or making good line calls and also for not using the middle of the field. He improved in those areas IMO. Those are areas where an OC and good QB Coach can help.
By that I mean pretty much what you said. Not able to make rapid progressions, not getting the ball out on time., not checking into the right protection package. He can make every throw, with accuracy, except swing passes for some reason, but his decision making has a lot of flaws.

By that I mean pretty much what you said. Not able to make rapid progressions, not getting the ball out on time., not checking into the right protection package. He can make every throw, with accuracy, except swing passes for some reason, but his decision making has a lot of flaws.

Throws way too hard sometimes. Not every pass has to be 90mph.

VN Store

Back