'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

That's where him being calmer and knowing the system should help. Durability would improve with adding weight. We'll see though. He has intangibles JG will never have and can actually hit a WR in stride on a deep ball. I do think he showed improvement on 1v1/back shoulder type throws though. Those first couple appearances he was heaving those babies out of bounce. lol
We will see if that works for JG. This will be his 5th year and he hasn't learned much during the first four years about when and where to throw the football or to ignore the coach's call on the goal line.

We will see if that works for JG. This will be his 5th year and he hasn't learned much during the first four years about when and where to throw the football or to ignore the coach's call on the goal line.
He's actually progressed quite a bit in many areas. Though has also regressed in others, which I chalk up to 4 OCs in 4 years. Hopefully he can finally put it all together with OC/Chaney continuity.

But bo nix stunk. Bottom of the sec qbr. Probably better examples - fromm, even eason. Both under chaney too

Just not true. No he didn't light up scoreboards, but he was a True FR QB with very little talent at WR and no run game to help a true FR QB out. He threw for more yards than JG and had a better TD/Int ratio.

Reactions: StoVol and VOLSONLY
I will not be surprised in the least if this kid is the starter by the end of spring practice.
Agreed but I wouldn’t expect it nor be ready for mutiny if he doesn’t. I feel like there will be some fans that will freak out if we roll JG out in game 1 and flip out on the coaching staff & say they’re not doing what’s best for the team. You at least know what you’ve got with Jarrett, albeit not amazing but he’s played fairly solid when given a clean pocket and he’s upright. I do believe Harrison takes us to that next level but I think we’re looking at 2021, which IMO should/could be a 10 win season or even better if we get on a roll.

Agreed but I wouldn’t expect it nor be ready for mutiny if he doesn’t. I feel like there will be some fans that will freak out if we roll JG out in game 1 and flip out on the coaching staff & say they’re not doing what’s best for the team. You at least know what you’ve got with Jarrett, albeit not amazing but he’s played fairly solid when given a clean pocket and he’s upright. I do believe Harrison takes us to that next level but I think we’re looking at 2021, which IMO should/could be a 10 win season or even better if we get on a roll.
I won't be mad at the coaching staff. I do not have confidence in JG . The Indiana game should have been a cake walk for him . I love JG's attitude and toughness. I just can't take another season waiting for him to implode and need a timeout by the coaching staff to get his head right. The margin for error in the SEC is razor thin.

Bailey starting game 1 of 2020 will make 2021 that much better. Bench JG.

Just not true. No he didn't light up scoreboards, but he was a True FR QB with very little talent at WR and no run game to help a true FR QB out. He threw for more yards than JG and had a better TD/Int ratio.

Maybe I was thinking midseason, but he was still 9th out of 12 qualifying QBs in the sec. 125 qbr is quite bad. 6.7 ypa woof

Of course he had more total yards, he passed 50% more times lol.

Screenshot_20200222-120903.jpg

It depends on who wins the battle during fall camp, if HB shows that he is better than the others, you have to play him regardless of freshman status.
Yeah, I'd rather not either...but if he is that much better (he will have to be more than just a little better for Pruitt to start a true freshman), then let's go.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Normally a freshman isn’t going to start out right away bc the staff doesn’t know if they can trust the player to execute the offense. JG has never won the trust of the staff so I think that’s not really a factor. I think it’s wide open to who the starter will be.

Considering the quality of the OL, the qb should have plenty of time to pass. The most accurate and strongest arm will win out, either HB or JG. Don't know if HB will have mastered the playbook by SEC time.

VN Store

Back