'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

It is going to be tough for Jeremy Pruitt to keep Bailey off the field in 2020. Bailey just stepped foot on campus a month ago, and he is already the most talented quarterback in Knoxville. He is coming off a spectacular senior season, where he won a state title, so he arrives at Tennessee with a lot of confidence. Will he start the season-opener? That is hard to know, but Bailey will play and look for him to be leading the Vols by mid-season. Bailey is poised to take that leadership role at Tennessee, and he is expected to make a big impact as a freshman.

This is exactly why I’m at the point of saying to hell with rankings. Yes, highly rated classes can be good, but a lot of these athletes are criminally underrated. Just get your guys with a top 15 or so class and go from there. I honestly don’t think there’s a huge difference being anywhere in the top 15.

Man I want HB to be ready by week 1. How many winnable games will we lose with JG before HB is ready to go? Wooo boy this offseason speculation is going to be fun.
That’s my fear. That we’ll start JG because of experience and he looks good in practice and he’ll get embarrassed in Norman and by Fl before we finally make the switch about week 5 to Bailey. Don’t want that.

Man I want HB to be ready by week 1. How many winnable games will we lose with JG before HB is ready to go? Wooo boy this offseason speculation is going to be fun.
Chaney has a good reputation with freshman quarterbacks doing well. Hopefully HB learns the play book quickly.

That’s my fear. That we’ll start JG because of experience and he looks good in practice and he’ll get embarrassed in Norman and by Fl before we finally make the switch about week 5 to Bailey. Don’t want that.

A friend of mine who works for the team said that the biggest reason JG started as much as he did was because he does an extremely good job of getting everyone lined up correctly pre-snap and that no other QB on the roster was able to do that last season. If HB can do that, it may be the only differentiating factor if the on-field performance is negligible (which would be fair since JG has 5 years of exp and HB is in year 1).

After last year they probably know when to pull him before it’s too late

This is exactly why I’m at the point of saying to hell with rankings. Yes, highly rated classes can be good, but a lot of these athletes are criminally underrated. Just get your guys with a top 15 or so class and go from there. I honestly don’t think there’s a huge difference being anywhere in the top 15.

Honestly, that's true. You're talking a few guys here and there, and who knows whether they will pan out in college.

Reactions: Orange931
If I’m Pruitt and we have Charlotte as game #1, I’m doing this:
1st quarter: JG
2nd: HB
3rd: JG

The 4th will be garbage time, see what happens.

Love Harrison Bailey but boy did I want Sewell on the other side of the ball badly. Glad he decided to stay out west since he didn't come over to the good guys!

Crazy to think how much we were in it for 4 of those guys. A 9-10 win season this year and we could really have a special class coming in. Hope Bailey is the real.

Crazy to think how much we were in it for 4 of those guys. A 9-10 win season this year and we could really have a special class coming in. Hope Bailey is the real.

Sewell will be a great player. Eason and Whitehead will soften, if not completely eliminate the blow IMO.Sorry was actually responding to the other post.

Reactions: LittleVol and T Dog
Chaney has a history of starting freshman . Fairly successful history if I remember correctly.

VN Store

Back