The Official Tennessee @ #13 Auburn Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

Ultimately with so much inexperience on the court it's just part of it. Not just the turnovers, but the way we're turning it over. People were really chirping about how happy they'd be when Turner was gone cause of his high TOs, but his were effort plays at least.

I just hope all the playing time these young bucks are getting this season pays dividends next year when the talent level will dramatically increase (2 5 stars, a high 4 star and then adding Bailey)

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
I wasn't able to watch the game today, but we were leading that thing for so long, I just knew we would win. Don't know what happened, but this team is young and have tons of upside, IMO.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Ultimately with so much inexperience on the court it's just part of it. Not just the turnovers, but the way we're turning it over. People were really chirping about how happy they'd be when Turner was gone cause of his high TOs, but his were effort plays at least.

I just hope all the playing time these young bucks are getting this season pays dividends next year when the talent level will dramatically increase (2 5 stars, a high 4 star and then adding Bailey)

I hope so too but it really concerns me that we're still that bad at it this late in the season. I mean we are making STUPID turnover mistakes. Pons and JJJ just running into each other bringing the ball up the court is just.....like Keystone Cops type crap.

I think that the 2nd foul on Fulkerson in less than 3 minutes was the biggest issue. When SV picked up his 2nd, Gaines entered and played some really good defense while Bowden picked up the offense. Fulkerson sitting out 17 1st half minutes took him out of the flow more than sitting preserved his energy for later.

Actually by far the biggest problem was that AFTER TN got their 2 arguably most important players into foul trouble, the refs allowed Auburn to get away with battery on their defensive end.

Auburn will be an early exit from the NCAAT if those refs don't allow them to get away with their pushing, shoving, and grabbing.

The physical assault and battery the refs let go was ridiculous. I turned the game off after watching Fulkerson getting batted around like a pin ball. Hope these young men learn how tough and abuse ridden this game has become. Strength and conditioning as well as bulking up is required to play in the SEC. Just ask coach Pruitt.

If they don't de-commit before next year. We are terrible and getting worse...not better. No excuse for blowing a 17 point lead...no excuse!!!

The physical assault and battery the refs let go was ridiculous. I turned the game off after watching Fulkerson getting batted around like a pin ball. Hope these young men learn how tough and abuse ridden this game has become. Strength and conditioning as well as bulking up is required to play in the SEC. Just ask coach Pruitt.

And the NCAA rules committee even addressed giving more freedom of movement to the offense a couple of years ago in their guidance to officials. TN has recruited well to play that kind of game. Which is why I feel that the SEC administration needs an overhaul. Alabama is at it's best when games are allowed to be physical. I don't think that it's a coincidence that the home office is in Birmingham. Kind of along the same line of thought as Saban's teams not being penalized for holding for half the season.

If they don't de-commit before next year. We are terrible and getting worse...not better. No excuse for blowing a 17 point lead...no excuse!!!
Jaden Springer, Keon Johnson and Corey Walker have signed letters of intent with Tennessee. Victor Bailey Jr. is already enrolled in school and sitting out this season as a transfer from Oregon.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I hope to goodness Bailey can be a competent ball handler in this offense.

I doubt that ball handling on the perimeter will be an issue. Having post players (other than Fulk) handling no looks, alley oops, and quick passes probably will be. Uros needs to learn how to camp out on the blocks and hang on to the highlight reel dishes that will result in easy baskets. Olivier will be a weapon if he can receive them as well.

Pearl 6 years at the barn 61% winning vs Barnes 5 years at UT 63%.

Hey I can do that.

Pearl pressure situation coaching effectiveness 44%, Barnes 38% in 5 yrs coaching.

What about % in tournament play? Do you have the figures on that or does that not fit your agenda?

Hey I can do that.

Pearl pressure situation coaching effectiveness 44%, Barnes 38% in 5 yrs coaching.

What about % in tournament play? Do you have the figures on that or does that not fit your agenda?
Pearl cheated and somehow that mess just disappeared at Auburn. He cheated at our place and left us with crap coach after crap coach. I hope the dude get what's coming to him. Also, pearl sucked pretty bad in post season with us bro. He should have taken at least one team to the final 4 but he didn't. He got lucky and went on a run last year. It wont happen this year.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Pearl cheated and somehow that mess just disappeared at Auburn. He cheated at our place and left us with crap coach after crap coach. I hope the dude get what's coming to him. Also, pearl sucked pretty bad in post season with us bro. He should have taken at least one team to the final 4 but he didn't. He got lucky and went on a run last year. It wont happen this year.
Beat us without Okoroh. don't write them off just yet.

Beat us without Okoroh. don't write them off just yet.
We are not great either. Not a trophy win man. Beating Ky without him is impressive. Not sure your point. His record let's me know all I need. Hes not a great tourney coach except for last year he had his one ever run. Also, he lost to ga and Mizzou without him. Dont give him too much credit.

We are not great either. Not a trophy win man. Beating Ky without him is impressive. Not sure your point. His record let's me know all I need. Hes not a great tourney coach except for last year he had his one ever run. Also, he lost to ga and Mizzou without him. Dont give him too much credit.
Never have understood the mindset of running down a coach or team after they've just whipped yer ass.

Never have understood the mindset of running down a coach or team after they've just whipped yer ass.
I've been doing it since we fired him. He should have told the truth. Did it more when we hired martin. Did it even more when we hired Tyndall. Did more damage or at least equivalent to Kiffins antics.

I've been doing it since we fired him. He should have told the truth. Did it more when we hired martin. Did it even more when we hired Tyndall. Did more damage or at least equivalent to Kiffins antics.

It baffles me why Bill Sansom set him up in the role as HT Hackney's sales executive. Sansom had served as a trustee of UT's board. I don't know if he did that as a dig at the Haslams, to stash him away to return as the head ball coach later, or because he actually thought that it was a sound move for HTH.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I hope so too but it really concerns me that we're still that bad at it this late in the season. I mean we are making STUPID turnover mistakes. Pons and JJJ just running into each other bringing the ball up the court is just.....like Keystone Cops type crap.
That's what happens when you have one serviceable point guard on the roster. And Vescovi has a ways to go before he's Lamonte Turner or Josh Bone. But at least he can dribble and chew gum at the same time. Can't rely on Bowden or JJJ to do it and the turnovers during the Auburn run are all the proof you need. Couldn't even run a play. If Turner is out there, that doesn't happen. And no timeout is going to solve that glaring weakness.

I have no idea if it was a consideration by Barnes when not calling a time out, but Auburn's defense had been applying high intensity pressure. Calling the time out gives them a rest.

Hey I can do that.

Haha what agenda? I was just putting up some stats I saw during the game. Tell Bruce most of us do not miss him.

You can give us exceptions all day long, but I bet Duke, Kansas, UK, UNC, and Michigan State have ruled the FF’s the last 20 years.

Actually pure talent has a lot to do with winning a championship. It’s why Michigan State was an exception this year with some title predictions. They don’t have a projected lottery pick, and that has been something most title teams have had for years. While Roy Williams and Calipari are good coaches, I can certainly argue they aren’t that much better (or any) for that matter over Barnes. They just get talent.

Michigan State isn't in the same group with those other four historically nor on the elite recruiting level. That said, those blue bloods have filled 20 of 80 slots in the final four the last 20 years, leaving 60 up for grabs. Wisconsin doesn't have any apparent advantages from recruiting territory or anything like that but manage final fours.

Florida has 3 final fours based on strong coaching.

I also can't put Barnes in the class of those guys. He's had the upper echelon of elite talent in his career, especially at Texas and couldn't get over the hump with it. Hopefully he manages it here but I just want him to leave the program in a spot that's not a complete shambles like everyone else who leaves here.

In the two possessions after Bowdens big dunk to go up 3, Pons took two jumpers which I though he had opportunities to take it to the rim. I think that was a critical point that could have help us bounce back a little. I thought he seemed very awkward w the ball.

In the two possessions after Bowdens big dunk to go up 3, Pons took two jumpers which I though he had opportunities to take it to the rim. I think that was a critical point that could have help us bounce back a little. I thought he seemed very awkward w the ball.
I thought the same thing, he needs to be more aggressive attacking the rim, no one can outjump him!

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back