The Official Tennessee @ #13 Auburn Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

The physical assault and battery the refs let go was ridiculous. I turned the game off after watching Fulkerson getting batted around like a pin ball. Hope these young men learn how tough and abuse ridden this game has become. Strength and conditioning as well as bulking up is required to play in the SEC. Just ask coach Pruitt.
Fulky has made himself into a good player but strong with the ball he is not. Games are gonna get physical at times especially on the road. We can sit here and blame the officials all day but at the end of the day you have to step up and handle it. Last years team would have no problem with the physical play. In fact, they would have been the ones dishing it out.

Michigan State isn't in the same group with those other four historically nor on the elite recruiting level. That said, those blue bloods have filled 20 of 80 slots in the final four the last 20 years, leaving 60 up for grabs. Wisconsin doesn't have any apparent advantages from recruiting territory or anything like that but manage final fours.

Florida has 3 final fours based on strong coaching.

I also can't put Barnes in the class of those guys. He's had the upper echelon of elite talent in his career, especially at Texas and couldn't get over the hump with it. Hopefully he manages it here but I just want him to leave the program in a spot that's not a complete shambles like everyone else who leaves here.

If I counted correctly, Barnes had 7 total lottery picks at Texas his entire time there. He had 11 total first round picks. That’s in about 17 years. He went four years from 2011-2015 without even a draft pick.

I believe Cal had 4 or 5 first round picks in one year. Williams and K had 3 last year alone.

Barnes did not recruit at the level of what the blue bloods are doing. One of Barnes’ top 10 picks, TJ Ford, went to his Final Four. I have provided my input about Durant’s year. Barnes developed all of those young guys and won 31 games after Durant left.

I don’t think there is any way that Barnes can leave it worse than how he inherited it.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol

VN Store

Back