Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine. Just get Brandon Sanderson to finish it like he did Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time." This task would be easier than what he did as masterfully as one possibly could in that situation. JMO IMO BBQ INVU4URAQT

Sig, I am trying to convince my kids to read TWOT and none of them will even give it a shot. I may have possibly failed as a parent.

Sig, I am trying to convince my kids to read TWOT and none of them will even give it a shot. I may have possibly failed as a parent.

Maybe get them to watch the TV show and if they like it they will give the books a chance.

I'm worried that the show is going to be a disaster, though. Looks like they have gone the PC route with casting instead of being true to the story. Game of Thrones was successful because it was brilliantly cast and the first few seasons closely followed the story.

WoT is already talking about changing things. That story is perfect as-is.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
40 years ago today one of the greatest sporting events occurred. The Miracle on Ice. The
magnitude of the upset is part of it. That Soviet team had embarrassed a team of NHL all-stars. They had won four gold medals in a row, and hadn’t lost a single Olympic hockey game in 12 years when they arrived at Lake Placid. But a team of college players and two amateur minor-leaguers beat them.

View attachment 262778

Just watched the movie a few nights ago. Still probably the biggest sports upset of all time. Would be like a Canadian college football team beating the Kansas City Chiefs.

If your never saw it though, I could see why people would question it. But literally, he took all the tough shots and hit them.
That’s fair. I’ll say this about Jordan, I grew up watching him and wasn’t even a Bulls fan (always a Lakers fan) and did not like him AT ALL. Why? Because he dominated and spanked my Lakers and any other team he played lol. You HAD to respect him. There was no one like him. He’s the best!!!!! #GOAT

Maybe get them to watch the TV show and if they like it they will give the books a chance.

I'm worried that the show is going to be a disaster, though. Looks like they have gone the PC route with casting instead of being true to the story. Game of Thrones was successful because it was brilliantly cast and the first few seasons closely followed the story.

WoT is already talking about changing things. That story is perfect as-is.

I may have bullied my oldest into reading it. Is it wrong to withhold food from your children?

Oh, asking for a friend.

My wife and I went under contract on a new home today. Both exciting and terrifying at the same time 😬
Congrats!

Having said that being a homeowner is a big PITA. Needed plumbing work today randomly which I’m sure will cost a good deal. This on top of my heater that broke and cost a few hundred. Love it

I teach US History and was talking about the line between needs and wants being blurred in the 1920's. I used the example of a washing machine as an example of something that people from that era didn't necessarily need but they really wanted it. Then I ask if we really need washers and dryers as a jumping off point for figuring out what we DO need.

After class I had a text from my wife informing me that our dryer was out. 😐

I am a little worried about the production we are losing at receiver. However, we are bringing in some real speed with this recruiting class. Chaney was able to get our receivers wide open many times last year. Hopefully, we will see some of these shorter routes taken to the house.

Reactions: StoVol

It's not that bad, when you do all maintenance and repairs except HVAC replacement.

I mean it's not like you could spend a bunch of time and money turning a basement into a really nice living space. Just to have water supply lines fail and completely destroy everything...twice in 14 years. That'd be crazy.

ImmaculateConsciousFireant-max-1mb.gif

I am a little worried about the production we are losing at receiver. However, we are bringing in some real speed with this recruiting class. Chaney was able to get our receivers wide open many times last year. Hopefully, we will see some of these shorter routes taken to the house.

we will be fine at receiver, it is at the qb position that I want to see a significant jump take place.

I teach US History and was talking about the line between needs and wants being blurred in the 1920's. I used the example of a washing machine as an example of something that people from that era didn't necessarily need but they really wanted it. Then I ask if we really need washers and dryers as a jumping off point for figuring out what we DO need.

Now the question is .....do you need it fixed or do you want it fixed??

Sounds like you NEED a dryer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back