Bracketology

The Lady Vols will turn it around in this four game span and go on a run in both tourneys.
This is a tendency in Coach K's teams

The tendency I pointed out was that in 15 years of coaching D1 WBB she has been past the first round of the NCAA tourney one time. Again, define "run".

Last edited:
Basketball is the most what have you done for me lately sport, and all sports. Last year Kelly's team started off slow and built to run of a sweet 16. She did not have the athletes she has here. So until I see something other than what I feel is about to happen then I feel it is about to happen. I will give Coach K the benefit of my backing. 100%. Until she deserves otherwise. I don't care what history is for other teams because she has never had a team of this caliber. Just like athletes need their fans to believe in them, coaches respond better when their fans believe in them. Doubt Fosters doubt in sports. That's why I printed the picture in my game thread in this pass post. I wanted Kelly if she was privy to volnation to understand that her athletes see what we see. And she has to emit confidence for them to be confident.

Basketball is the most what have you done for me lately sport, and all sports. Last year Kelly's team started off slow and built to run of a sweet 16. She did not have the athletes she has here. So until I see something other than what I feel is about to happen then I feel it is about to happen. I will give Coach K the benefit of my backing. 100%. Until she deserves otherwise. I don't care what history is for other teams because she has never had a team of this caliber. Just like athletes need their fans to believe in them, coaches respond better when their fans believe in them. Doubt Fosters doubt in sports. That's why I printed the picture in my game thread in this pass post. I wanted Kelly if she was privy to volnation to understand that her athletes see what we see. And she has to emit confidence for them to be confident.
I think it is very debatable that she didn't have the athletes there that she has here. Maybe from true athletic ability that is true but from a basketball skills perspective I think it is false. Willard is a better 3 point shooter than anyone on our roster excepting Davis. Franklin is better than anyone on our team except Davis. Their post is not as athletic as ours, but she is a lot better scorer and much higher IQ. Their point guards do far more to win games than ours do are better at getting to the basket and finishing and also better outside shooters. I may agree we have some slightly more athletic players however basketball skills fall way below what I've seen out of that team.

See, that's why it doesn't matter what you post Jumper, you don't even care if you have to contradict yourself to stay above water.

A poster recently quoted "You don't take a mule to the Kentucky derby"....Kellie now has a steed, in Mo St she didn't have a mule, but she didn't have a "Seabiscuit" either. She now has a legitimate race horse...

She did finish her season at Mo st much stronger than when it began, so I expect the same.

Now if you want to talk further, address me as a person and as a coach, if not..."God Bless you" will be my response....I will fight my battles, but let him fight my haters

I think it is very debatable that she didn't have the athletes there that she has here. Maybe from true athletic ability that is true but from a basketball skills perspective I think it is false. Willard is a better 3 point shooter than anyone on our roster excepting Davis. Franklin is better than anyone on our team except Davis. Their post is not as athletic as ours, but she is a lot better scorer and much higher IQ. Their point guards do far more to win games than ours do are better at getting to the basket and finishing and also better outside shooters. I may agree we have some slightly more athletic players however basketball skills fall way below what I've seen out of that team.

I agree on both parts, they had a better IQ and played a more fluid game, but they were not of the caliber of athlete she has now

As a coach give me athletes, that I can make into true BB players..versus...giving me BB players that I have to make athletes.

I can raise an IQ much quicker than I can build athleticism.

A poster recently quoted "You don't take a mule to the Kentucky derby"....Kellie now has a steed, in Mo St she didn't have a mule, but she didn't have a "Seabiscuit" either. She now has a legitimate race horse...

She did finish her season at Mo st much stronger than when it began, so I expect the same.

Now if you want to talk further, address me as a person and as a coach, if not..."God Bless you" will be my response....I will fight my battles, but let him fight my haters

Like a four game (five game) losing streak as the season winds down?

No, like a single loss to a non-tournament team.

You said in another thread that they weren’t better than last year. Last season, they lost four games to teams that didn’t make the NCAA Tourney. This season, every loss is to a quality team that will make the dance, as will Tennessee. If they drop a game to Ole Miss, Vandy or Auburn, it could be a different story.

Is that the standard that we want to measure the program by? Of course not. But expecting a turnaround from 19-13 to a Final Four wasn’t realistic. I’ll take a season where we don’t lose to anyone that’s not going to be playing in March. That’s a step forward and more than we can say about the last two teams here.

No, like a single loss to a non-tournament team.

You said in another thread that they weren’t better than last year. Last season, they lost four games to teams that didn’t make the NCAA Tourney. This season, every loss is to a quality team that will make the dance, as will Tennessee. If they drop a game to Ole Miss, Vandy or Auburn, it could be a different story.

Is that the standard that we want to measure the program by? Of course not. But expecting a turnaround from 19-13 to a Final Four wasn’t realistic. I’ll take a season where we don’t lose to anyone that’s not going to be playing in March. That’s a step forward and more than we can say about the last two teams here.

Consider your audience on this one DP...I too have been tough on Coach K and will stay tough on her, but have tried not to attack her or knowingly put in posts to derail her. She has a formidable task, to change a course that was set for 6 plus years prior and I think she can do it if she listen's to her real supporters and advisers.

You have a rich history here and are a value to this program. Stay your course.
As I believe, Kellie will also.
I look for her and this team to go on a run and build steam, I truly do.
And will try to be a fire in that steam, not a bucket of cold water.

I’d honestly rather be a 10 seed

Yes, looks like as a 9 seed they have you coming to Eugene. It will be very very difficult for anyone to beat the Ducks at home.

Of course being a 10 seed puts you at UCONN and that's a very tough environment for visitors as well. That's assuming the 10 seed stays in the same bracket.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Yes, looks like as a 9 seed they have you coming to Eugene. It will be very very difficult for anyone to beat the Ducks at home.

Of course being a 10 seed puts you at UCONN and that's a very tough environment for visitors as well. That's assuming the 10 seed stays in the same bracket.
I’d take my chances with UConn a second time. I want no parts of the Ducks!

You said in another thread that they weren’t better than last year.

My main concern is, like last year, they aren't improving through the season. If anything, the team is regressing.

This season, every loss is to a quality team that will make the dance, as will Tennessee.

Fair, although I'm not sure how much of "quality" team LSU is after losing one of their best players.

If they drop a game to Ole Miss, Vandy or Auburn, it could be a different story.

I sure hope these games are the formalities you're making them out to be. Vandy played them tough the first game, and Auburn is on the road. Tennessee isn't exactly peaking right now, and I seem to remember posts (not necessarily from you) about what an easy rematch LSU would be that are looking silly right now.

But expecting a turnaround from 19-13 to a Final Four wasn’t realistic.

Who said it was?

critical game tonight for the Ducks... On the road at #4 Stanford. A win locks up the PAC-12 title... A loss and it's a tie with 2 games to go. Big night for the Ducks!!

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Looks like for us win the last two and were a six seed playing the winner of Missouri vs Ole Miss. Otherwise a seven seed player whomever is the 10th seed of Alabama, Florida, and Georgia.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Auburn. That's it. First of what I hope is a series of win or go home games. I think we might have spent our legacy goodwill tourney ticket last year.

There's some head scratchers in Creme's bracketology. He's got Maryland as a #1 seed. Their best win was at home against Northwestern by 9. But they lost to Northwestern by 23 there. Northwestern will be the #1 seed in the Big Ten Tourney, Maryland will be #2. Maryland lost two conference games -- to Northwestern and Iowa. Northwestern lost two conference games -- to Maryland and Iowa. Maryland lost two OOC games -- to South Carolina by 9 and NC State by 10. Northwester lost just one conference game, to DePaul by 2 points.

In short, these two teams are about as even as you could find in the Top 25. Yet Creme makes Maryland a #1 seed and Northwester a#3 (he actually had them as a #4 until today!). Could a fix be in for Brenda?

National ranking are also skewed by where you start before the first game is played. Maryland was ranked #4 pre-season and have been going down. Northwester wasn't even among the 18 teams in the "also getting votes" category and have had to fight their way up to their current ranking.

I think a #3 is about right for Northwester. But Maryland hasn't earned a #1.

While we're talking about the rankings, here would be my takes on under- and over- achievers based on pre-season expectations.

Under Achievers:
Notre Dame
Texas
Miami
Syracuse
Michigan State

Over Achievers:
South Carolina
Northwestern
Missouri State
Princeton
South Dakota

Reactions: Dube
Auburn. That's it. First of what I hope is a series of win or go home games. I think we might have spent our legacy goodwill tourney ticket last year.

Who would have thought this game with lowly Auburn would arguably be the biggest game for the program in years? The great spin doctor DeerPark is already sweating a loss here...

VN Store

Back