Bracketology

Were still on the main board not even in the last four in. Maryland has moved to a one seed.

Bracketology with Charlie Creme

I think if we win three of the next four games we stay. We may need a win in the SEC Tourney but expect we'll still be in going into that tourney with three wins in the next four games.

Do you know how many at large bids there are? Right now, it looks like Tennessee is #39, so that should be high enough to survive some weird sh!t happening in the mid major tournaments. Even then...the fact they got in last year with a worst record should ensure that they are a lock this year, unless they go in full meltdown against the 3 SEC cellar dwellers to close the season.

Do you know how many at large bids there are? Right now, it looks like Tennessee is #39, so that should be high enough to survive some weird sh!t happening in the mid major tournaments. Even then...the fact they got in last year with a worst record should ensure that they are a lock this year, unless they go in full meltdown against the 3 SEC cellar dwellers to close the season.
That is the way I see it also.

If they lose to Arkansas and Auburn and lose the first game of the Sec tourney not sure they would get in, although I feel they will win 20.

What is the lowest seed they can get. Is it possible that they could play Missouri State in the tourney?

Well, looks like 8, 9 and 16 seeds are in bracket with 1 seed Oregon, while 7, 10, and 15 seeds are in 2 seed UConn bracket. I wouldn’t mind getting another shot at UConn, and MS ST after that.

If they lose to Arkansas and Auburn and lose the first game of the Sec tourney not sure they would get in, although I feel they will win 20.

What is the lowest seed they can get. Is it possible that they could play Missouri State in the tourney?
i think it usually works out you can go as low as 11 and get in all depends on how the mid-major tournaments play out and if any of the favorites like Missouri State lose. You have to hope all the favorites win their tourney or some teams looking to get in will be left out.

Reactions: RollerVol
Sounds good, but to beat Arkansas we will have to guard the 3 point line and of course find more offense. Horston and Key will need to score more than in recent games.
I'm thinking we lose to them hope we can win the last three.

@Ark is a tough matchup....UT isn't built to run against smaller teams that play offense in hyper mode. Ark might challenge some season long 3pt records that game, I see them scoring 70-80.

Right now, the SEC has 7 teams projected to make the tournament. Six teams will definitely make it in, maybe 7.
#1 SC
#3 MSU
#5 aTm
#6 KY
#7 LSU
#8 Ark
#9 UT

It's pretty obvious the game between Ark and UT is going to be important towards ensuring making the cut. The loser may have to win out the rest of their regular season games to be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bennessee01
@Ark is a tough matchup....UT isn't built to run against smaller teams that play offense in hyper mode. Ark might challenge some season long 3pt records that game, I see them scoring 70-80.

Right now, the SEC has 7 teams projected to make the tournament. Six teams will definitely make it in, maybe 7.
#1 SC
#3 MSU
#5 aTm
#6 KY
#7 LSU
#8 Ark
#9 UT

It's pretty obvious the game between Ark and UT is going to be important towards ensuring making the cut. The loser may have to win out the rest of their regular season games to be safe.

Thanks for your contribution to the LVs

Were still on the main board not even in the last four in. Maryland has moved to a one seed.

I think if we win three of the next four games we stay. We may need a win in the SEC Tourney but expect we'll still be in going into that tourney with three wins in the next four games.

I think we're in with 2 wins, but 3 is safer. I don't think Tennessee wins at Arkansas. Calling Arkansas a loss is harder than LSU and A&M, but they seem organized and it's on the road, so ... nothing has changed my opinion. BUT. Tennessee needs to win the other three if they want a safe pass at the SEC tournament on their way to the NCAAs. Auburn, Ole Miss, and Vandy need to be wins,

Unreal - An 8 or 9 seed again and second round exit. After all that Pat did to keep this program on top. We are the 5th or 6th best program in this conference over the past half decade. What a shame!!!

The Lady Vols will turn it around in this four game span and go on a run in both tourneys.
This is a tendency in Coach K's teams

Define 'run'.

@ WCU in 5 seasons: 2 NCAA tourneys-both 1st rd. exits
2 WNIT tourneys-1st and 2nd rd. exits
Conference season rank: #5,#5,#1,#2,#3

@NCS in 4 seasons: 1 NCAA tourney- 1st rd. exit
2 WNIT tourneys- both 2nd round exits
Conference season rank: #5,#10,#9, #7

@MSU in 6 seasons: 2 NCAA tourneys-1st rd. exit and a final 16
3 WNIT tourneys-1st rd. exit, 1st rd. exit, 2nd rd. exit
Conference season rank: #6,#3,#2,#3,#2,#2

Last edited:
Reactions: Raebo

Like I said last week, barring some sort of disaster, Tennessee is in and it isn't really close. The hand-wringing over it has been silly.

Like I said last week, barring some sort of disaster, Tennessee is in and it isn't really close. The hand-wringing over it has been silly.
The bubble is soft as Charmin just like last year. We can thank that if we get in, because we really haven’t done anything to earn a bid.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Define 'run'.

Define 'run'.

Basketball is the most what have you done for me lately sport, and all sports. Last year Kelly's team started off slow and built to run of a sweet 16. She did not have the athletes she has here. So until I see something other than what I feel is about to happen then I feel it is about to happen. I will give Coach K the benefit of my backing. 100%. Until she deserves otherwise. I don't care what history is for other teams because she has never had a team of this caliber. Just like athletes need their fans to believe in them, coaches respond better when their fans believe in them. Doubt Fosters doubt in sports. That's why I printed the picture in my game thread in this pass post. I wanted Kelly if she was privy to volnation to understand that her athletes see what we see. And she has to emit confidence for them to be confident.

Reactions: Bennessee01

VN Store

Back